GameClub Hook Champ (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Slapshot, Oct 17, 2009.

1. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I got it for free. buy the DLC to make yourself feel better.

2. dotBrain

dotBrain Active Member

Oct 21, 2009
    I was going to purchase it no matter the price, had been eagerly waiting for it! It was a rhetorical statement, just saying it's well worth anyone's hard-earned 3 buckeroos.

Bought them soon as I could! I could tell from his posts that Kepa was running low on Pizza Rolls.

3. tymurt

tymurt Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    ok so im on the forbidden hats silver and get past the two swinging fire parts then i hit the wall of flames, ive tried going around but cant. how do you get past it?

4. misfitskater6

misfitskater6 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Use Jake with his upgraded hot pants. If you touch any lava before you get to the wall, you can't get past it.

5. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Apparently, Kepa is adding more music to this game, as he is currently talking to the person that created Hook Champs theme music.

Posted on Rocketcat's twitter.

6. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Maybe I should actually turn the sound on one of these days to see what I'm missing. :)

7. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    same here...i bought hookbot to support the dev and plus i was horrible at the lava levels

8. drizzzzzt

drizzzzzt Active Member

Feb 26, 2010
    This game is AWESOME!!! definitely fun, addicting:D

9. misfitskater6

misfitskater6 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    So just buy it so you will realize it was worth a measely three dollars.

10. Bluellama1

Bluellama1 Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Student
    Metro Detroit, Michigan
    Best $3 I ever spent

11. drizzzzzt

drizzzzzt Active Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Absolutely right.

12. Teizx

Teizx Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Is it possible to beat the silver hat level with HB. I also can only beat stone and bronze with HB. How can I beat the others with anyone besides HB?

13. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Can't beat silver hat with Hookbot, but you can scout the hardest parts out. Gunny's best at stone and bronze, Jake is mandatory for silver. Really, it just takes a lot of practice. The hat levels were meant to be for skilled players to slowly conquer.

And yeah, we won't be having sales for any of our games. Just early buyer discounts for the first week or so of release. The only exception to this is if we go the 99 cent + DLC route for a future experimental game, at which point we may offer a DLC free or something. However, the next game and most of our games will be priced similarly to Hook Champ.

14. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Is the OpenFeint save coming anytime soon? :)

15. Teizx

Teizx Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Thanks a lot. I've been trying to beat the silver for a while so this should help. I love this game. I have a lot of ideas for this game so if you want anymore feedback from me I'll be happy to.

16. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Nope, we tried. Same reason as usual: Hook Champ code is pretty non-modular, and we didn't build all the stats that are tracked with OpenFeint save in mind. Next update, we could try doing a smaller version of it... maybe just keep track of your coins and equipment purchases? Definitely going to be in the next game, though.

Just do them in this thread. If we can't do it in Hook Champ, we'll still consider suggestions/feature requests for future games.

17. Teizx

Teizx Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Okay here is a starter: at the end of the level when you see your results, maybe instead of just the number of coins you got, but also out of how many possible. Ex: say I got 45 coins in a level and there were a total of 60 possible coins I could of gotten, the screen would read 45/60 coins.

18. rooteboy

rooteboy Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Student/Beta Tester
    Earth......for now
    will there be any more updates coming soon for hook champ

19. Mag

Mag Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Theyre hard at work at their next game which will be somewhat of a crossover of Hook Champ and Canabalt (slinging, but endless levels).

20. Teizx

Teizx Member

Feb 28, 2010
    #3560 Teizx, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
    I can't wait for that to come out. I know it will be good.

Edit: oh yea I'm about to get a 3000 hook. Should I get it for HB or for Jake. I allready have the one for gunny.