GameClub Hook Champ (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Slapshot, Oct 17, 2009.

1. miklamagic

miklamagic Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    #3281 miklamagic, Feb 13, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
    Yeah, but because I'm the 3rd best player in the world, I need to get a good run to mantain my rank. I got about 23.5k points on my best run so far, but I completely butchered it.
    Edit: I got 23893 points but I wasn't connected to wifi! I would be ranked 5th! I am so mad, I think I'm going to have to play Minigore and mow down those #!#*%*% furries because I hate them so much...

2. drunkhobo15

drunkhobo15 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Great levels kepa not too hard to allow the casual base to enjoy them but plenty for us hardcore types to keep trying for. Thanks for the update I loved it.

3. miklamagic

miklamagic Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    I just got the #1 global score of the weekly highscores on Gold Furry! #3 OF on that level, and in grand total scores!
    Question: How is qpawn's score not on the weekly board but is on Openfeint? I thought a wifi connection was needed for both, and they are then automatically submitted.

4. mitchell.

mitchell. New Member

Dec 29, 2009
    hahahahahahah! sorry miklamagic. i (MTC) just got #1 on golden furry and #2 all time on openfeint seconded only by qpawn. Can't believe i did it. King of swing achievement! lol :D

5. LunarKeys

LunarKeys Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Stuff only shows up on the weekly global boards if you are connected to the internet at the time you get the score. Otherwise, the score is saved until you next are connected to the internet, when it directly submits the score to OF.

Qpawn waits to put his scores on OF only so he doesn't dominate the boards week after week; he's letting the rest of us mortals have a chance at getting our crowns. =)

6. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    Exactly how I got mine :). All I need is 6900 more money to buy 3 hats and 2 special hooks and this game is done! For now at least.

7. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    are the pro mode controls gone now ? that stinks if they are i was so used to playing that way now i have to get used to this new method kind make feel like not playing at the moment ill probably play later. can you bring the pro controls back?

8. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    It isn't that he waits to post to OF, it is that he goes into the Settings, and sets "Weekly Scoreboard" to "Don't Submit". I've been doing that on some levels, and I think I will continue to do that for all levels from now on. It is a pain, because you can't see the weekly scores, but I also don't want to keep taking the #1 spots on the weekly boards.

And it looks like I need to work on Gold Furry. I'm now in 5th or 6th place overall on that level. I should get a chance to play tonight. And then I can also try the dreaded Silver Furry. :rolleyes:

9. LunarKeys

LunarKeys Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Oh geez, I hadn't even noticed that before. My mistake!

Looks like it's you and me competing for second on Bronze Furry, too. I have to slice another second off my time. Back to practicing!

10. mitchell.

mitchell. New Member

Dec 29, 2009
    dammit. got knocked off straight away.

11. Zoot!

Zoot! Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Hooray me for #2 golden furry score! Damn qpawn...:p

12. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    #3292 mikeg123, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
    Sorry! First run of the night and I got #2 on Golden Furry (OF). That still wasn't a great run, so there is room for improvement. Now on to Silver, ugh.

EDIT: got #2 overall on Silver Furry.

13. RJ

RJ Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    California
    Man, i was JUST about to beat the Golden Furry, and John hooks onto Gunny, game stops, and crashed. D:

Now i have to do it all over again. That was my best run too!

Any help on this guys?

14. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    yes, beat the level again! but seriously, end all not needed processes

15. Grohl960

Grohl960 Active Member

Jul 1, 2009
    I would like to congratulate Kepa and crew for successfully making a -fun- Minigore crossover. Nicely done, gentlemen. Also, new dialogue = hilarious.

16. clintmeyer

clintmeyer New Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Where are pro controls?

First AWESOME game, seriously its one of my favorite games PERIOD.

But why would you remove a control scheme when updating the game? I put a lot of time into making pro controls work for me. And now the other methods seem very sluggish.

How can I get Pro mode controls? Is a programming thing that you can only have 2 control methods so you took out the rarely used Pro mode controls for simple method?

For this reason alone I wish I had not updated.

BRING BACK PRO MODE, because I is pro yo

Thanks and AWESOME game dude.

Clint

17. qpawn

qpawn Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Game Developer
    California, USA
    Getting rid of an existing control mode might not be the best thing to do with an update. Maybe rename the scheme to "Inverse" as that is more accurate.

But, that said, it's an awful control scheme for speed running a level and in no way is it "Pro". If you let go to use a Rocket Boot or Shotgun blast, you automatically shoot your hook out, disrupting any timing on most levels. I recommend learning the "Casual" controls and watch your high scores become more pro. :cool:

18. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Qpawn, time to get to work, I just got #1 global on Gold Furry. Still not a great run, so there is room for improvement. I have no idea how you got your score on Bronze Furry. I just inched a bit closer, but I don't know how to push much more out of that level.

19. qpawn

qpawn Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Game Developer
    California, USA
    I tried for a bit, but I only beat my own score by a small margin. I'll have to come back to it when I'm ready to get into block blasting mode. I can't shoot through the blocks for the life of me. :eek:

20. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Yeah, I saw you improved a bit. But I'm 100% confident you'll be #1 soon enough. Those big block sections are a pain. But the part that gets me are those rings you have to climb to get to the gems above. If I can get that section right, I know I could improve.

I did improve on Silver, but still off your mark.