GameClub Hook Champ (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Slapshot, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Zoot!

Zoot! Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Yes :)

Ps. I'm #7 now :cool:

2. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009

Know what you mean. It's frustrating enough for me to try to improve my scores incrementally (though there are a few levels I know I can improve on), so I can imagine how vexing it must be for you. I've never vowed to take a break or anything, but whenever I start getting into a new game I tend to still find time for the HC. It's a testament to how good this game is.

3. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    I haven't really been playing HC that much, it's been pretty busy.

I need XBLA... Does it play on the Xbox 360? Also, I just tried Rope 'N Fly 2 lite... and its physics are horrible.

4. zoo

zoo Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I find it frustrating knowing that I'll never get much higher unless I devote hours every day to playing; it doesn't stop me playing on a daily basis though. High score chasing is obscenely addictive.

Unrelated, but anyone on a jailbroken iPod Touch? I need someone to send me their original tock.caf, aka the keyboard click sound. Would be greatly appreciated :eek:

5. Twiddle

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    I couldn't have said it better myself. I have downloaded over 100 iPhone games, almost all of them had reviews from respected sites with ratings with at least 9/10, but no matter what I do, I always find myself back on the familiar and comforting game known as Hook Champ. I think I might have a psychological issue, because Hook Champ has become my security blanket. :D

6. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Exactly! That's why I called it a short break. No matter whatever other games I get, I always come back to HC. In fact, I just broke my #1 local on Bronze Skull! I figured out a new trick, so I know I can improve even more. So much for that break. It lasted a few hours.

7. Kosikutioner

Kosikutioner Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Ohhhh gotcha. I misunderstood what you meant. Yea, they're all over the place. I stopped tracking and getting them. I did at first for the few that interested me. There is too much to track, and I don't think I kept playing ANY of the free games I ever got from that site.

And yea, I agree Boardumb, the 99 cents add up :p

8. Twiddle

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    The problem is that they're so darn cheap that you buy 'em in bulk! I was like, meh it's only .99, or meh it's only $4.99. I ended up spending around 300 dollars on low priced games... in one month!

I think I would SAVE money if the games in the app store cost more!

9. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    I finally broke down and bought $60 worth of itunes cards from Costco. The plan is to make that last for 3 months (at least), giving myself $20 to spend each month. I've found that I have become a lot more picky -- I don't just buy every $0.99 game that I think looks good. Plus it keeps the wife happy when she looks at the credit card bill, and doesn't see a bunch of itune purchase.

Sorry for the chatter, back to our regular scheduled programming of Hook Champ! :)

10. Bluellama1

Bluellama1 Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Student
    Metro Detroit, Michigan
    I'm on a JB iPhone. Why do you need the original keyboard click sound? How'd you lose it?

11. miklamagic

miklamagic Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    #3151 miklamagic, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
    I want to set my Openfeint profile pic, but I need to rotate it. Any suggestions?
    Edit: Never mind, I got it.

12. omgsars

omgsars Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Guys! I just got #4 global on OF!

13. Bluellama1

Jul 25, 2009
    Student
    Metro Detroit, Michigan
    #3153 Bluellama1, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
    Congrats
    EDIT: Best. 600th. Post. Ever. And to celebrate here's a pic:
    [​IMG]
    @post below:
    no, why would I spam when I have 600 posts?

14. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    Lol at post above I'm assuming that was for a post.

Good job at no 4 keep hookin' ;)

cant wait for update

15. Mingy Jongo

Mingy Jongo New Member

Feb 9, 2010
    The game says I won a challenge I sent, but I did not get an achievement or the new hat. Do I need to win a challenge sent to me?

16. Bluellama1

Jul 25, 2009
    Student
    Metro Detroit, Michigan
    Yes :p

17. Kosikutioner

Kosikutioner Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Ok, I definitely haven't spent that much in a month. Maybe total since the app store arrived? Even then... doubtful. I have 305 applications in my app folder right now, I'd say at least half were free? And the 100-150 I have paid for, I'd definitely say 90% were 99 cents.

And yes, I pulled almost all of those numbers out of thin air. :p

18. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Sorry if somebody's already asked this, but what's the best level to get coins in hook champ.

19. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Just try to do the Forbidden Silver Level with Jake. After 2 hours of fail-and-error I got about 11.000 Coins :D

20. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    why with jake?