GameClub Hook Champ (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Slapshot, Oct 17, 2009.

1. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    If you can get another 1.5-2k on Stone Skull, I will be impressed as you'd pass both me and qpawn. ;-)

2. zoo

zoo Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I haven't really got time to concentrate on challenging anyone in the overall leaderboards at the moment. I played a couple of levels at work today though as you've probably seen. When I get a chance I'll have a proper crack at overtaking you.

3. Will this game ever have another sale? I really want it, but I don't have enough credit...

4. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I can guarantee it will never be on sale again. The dev has stated as much.

5. Yeah, I read that somewhere, but it would be nice. Maybe when they release the new game?

6. miklamagic

miklamagic Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    I just improved about 800 points after I posted that! I think I can shave a few more seconds off my time.

7. zoo

zoo Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I'm having serious problems with the game control. It started a week ago or so, and seems to be getting worse (mysteriously). Basically the controls are unresponsive, and sometimes when I lift my finger to release the hook, it'll stay attached for a split second, usually launching me straight up into the ceiling. Any suggestions? Anyone else had this problem?

8. miklamagic

Jan 9, 2010
    I see! The only reason I've been doing so well is because I've been snowed in since Friday, and will be going on to my 3rd snow day.

9. miklamagic

Jan 9, 2010
    Actually, I've been having the same problem. I tried toggling the speed fix, but it's still faster with it on. This used to only happen when lava was onscreen, but now it's on every level. I thought it was because I'm using a 1g itouch, but I guess that's not it. I think Kepa said he was putting in a better speed patch in v.4.0, I hope it's out soon!

10. zoo

zoo Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Yeah I'm having the problem on every level too, with or without the speed fix on. It's the same with the new beta version as well. Hopefully it'll be fixed with the next update, as a lot of levels are unplayable with the game in this condition.

11. Zoot!

Zoot! Member

Jan 31, 2010
    My goal is to take Twiddle/Hookbot's spot as #12... that's my favorite number :)

12. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Pshh. I haven't had the time to play. I don't even check the Openfient scores, because it's so time consuming to find individual highscores.

13. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    I don't know if you already know this, but if you click on the OF icon while looking at a particular levels weekly scoreboard, it will pull up the OF leaderboard for that specific level only. I just recently discovered that, and previously never really bothered with the OF boards because it sucked scrolling through all the different ones. It's actually pretty simple to check each level's OF leaderboard now, and I only go to the list of them if I want to check the grand totals.

14. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    AHH Zoot! I was winning that challenge you sent me, but I screwed up! :mad:

15. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Those Minigore levels look awesome!!! :)

16. Zoot!

Zoot! Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Hehehe :cool:

On a side note, I still can't find what gems I'm missing in both stone and bronze hatbox :(

Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? In stone I'm getting the four up high close to the beginning, and I'm going under the monkey and bat tunnels to get the gems there, but other than that I'm just getting the coins at the end.
    On bronze I'm getting the four gems right before the series of spaced out platforms and all the gems under those platforms, and other than that I'm pretty sure I'm getting all the coins. Can anyone help?

17. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    :confused:
    what are you talking about? are there new pics or something?

18. drunkhobo15

drunkhobo15 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    #3078 drunkhobo15, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
    I choke every challenge. I apologize. Jar0d after that challenge I went and beat my own local and got #8 weekly on bronze bat.

19. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Minigore pics on Appera I believe. Minigore dev gave us the link.

20. zoo

zoo Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    On Stone Hatbox, there's another 2 (I think) gems in the lava section right at the end. As you enter it, after a couple of swings you'll see the roof open up above you - if you rocket jump up there you'll grab them and come down through the other gap.

On Bronze, there are 4 gems early on, at about 16% into the level - it's hard to describe where because that level is such a mess, but if you keep underneath the blocks as much as you can, you'll eventually find them underneath one of the platforms.