GameClub Hook Champ (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Slapshot, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Zoot!

Zoot! Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Question: How the hell do I beat the local score for the silver hat? I'm #17 on the global leaderboard for it and my score is a little more than 12400, but I can't seem to pass the 14000 mark. Are the any gems you think I might be missing (not the ones under the platforms before the long tunnel of blocks, I'm getting those)?

2. miklamagic

miklamagic Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    I got mad skillz! Seriously, though, this is what happens when I'm snowed in for four days. Good luck beating my scores , but I won't let that happen until this snow melts (which may or may not happen before hell freezes over. Unless it snowed down there too). Either way, IT'S ON!

3. miklamagic

Jan 9, 2010
    I'll only tell you of you promise to not beat my score! But the gems are below the starting platform and above the tunnel right after the section where you use the two rocket boot jumps.

4. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Hey, over 3000 posts now.

5. Zoot!

Zoot! Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Oh wow thanks! I never thought to look under the starting platform, and don't worry, I won't beat your scores hahaha. I'm only #14 on all-time global, and your like thousands of points ahead of me

6. LunarKeys

LunarKeys Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Found the trick for Silver Skull!

Topped Qpawn's score; sitting eight points behind Yohanetsu and ten behind mikeg.

This might be my big chance to make #1 on a stage in OF!

7. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Yeah, we should celebrate!

"IT'S OVER 3000!!!"

8. Mingy Jongo

Mingy Jongo New Member

Feb 9, 2010
    #3028 Mingy Jongo, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
    I'd just like to say that this game is amazing. I only have one achievement left (Winner!), so if anyone wants to add me on OpenFeint I'm up for a challenge (preferably on Hatbox Stone or Silver). ID is Mingy Jongo

I'll add anyone to my friends list too.

BTW, if friend requests belong on a separate forum, I apologize as I did not see any.

9. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    *gasp* qpawn is now 4th on Silver Skull. I think the world might be coming to an end!

10. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Hi, Mingy! Welcome to the Touch Arcade forums! There's no problem asking for friend requests in this thread, because your comment was relevant to Hook Champ.

Smash into a few walls for Punch in the Nose Gold. I can send you a challenge real fast and you can beat it for Winner. If you want, you can check my Achievements Guide in my signature, but judging on how you only have 2 achievements left, you probably won't need it. My OF(Open Fient) ID is: Hookbot

11. miklamagic

Jan 9, 2010
    I just got the last achievement after I SMACKED DOWN drunkhobo15 three times in a row. I'm also closing in on #4 grand total scores, I'm about to break 260k points!

12. drunkhobo15

drunkhobo15 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    #3032 drunkhobo15, Feb 9, 2010
    Gold bat is taunting me. I am missing something but I have no idea where it is.

*edit* ugh I found it. Zoot! your challenge let me get the #3 weekly score I hadn't thought of what you did in the beginning. <3

13. drunkhobo15

drunkhobo15 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Too much pressure =( All those ones I sent you were like my #5-8 local and crap I was awful

14. Mingy Jongo

Mingy Jongo New Member

Feb 9, 2010
    I actually got Punch in the Nose a minute after I posted that. I added you as a friend, but I'm new to challenges/OpenFeint so I'm not sure how it works.

15. LunarKeys

LunarKeys Member

Feb 1, 2010
    The 'Challenge!' button shows up on the screen when you confirm that you want to play a stage (the same screen where it shows local/global scores) From there, you can challenge people, check the OF scores, etc. =)

(So help me, I am getting #1 on Silver Skull tonight!)

16. qpawn

qpawn Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Game Developer
    California, USA
    :eek: Don't worry, I'll get around to it eventually. :p

17. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    No hurry! ;)

18. Zoot!

Zoot! Member

Jan 31, 2010
    You're welcome! But I swear to god if you beat my score... :p

19. qpawn

qpawn Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2009
    Game Developer
    California, USA
    Oops! ;)

20. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    #3040 mikeg123, Feb 9, 2010
    LOL! I knew it wouldn't take you that long. At least I know I didn't have a perfect run, so there is room for improvement. I still don't like that level, though.

What I'd love to know is how you run Stone and Bronze Skull. I cannot figure out how you got your scores. I improved some on Stone Skull, but I'm still more than 100 points off. Same with Bronze. You must have some tricks up your sleeve that I haven't figured out. At the very least, who do you use to run those levels? I've been using Jake on Stone Skull, and Gunny on Bronze Skull.

EDIT: Gold Rat is the other level that I am way off on. I believe those are the only 3 where you are really killing me in terms of score.