GameClub Hook Champ (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Slapshot, Oct 17, 2009.

1. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe

Well, what can I say... it took me 2 hours to finally get through there yesterday! The first parts with the rings and the very little space between the lava is the worst part... after that it's a piece of cake :D

2. Morenar

Morenar Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Hey Guise, sorry I managed to butcher almost every challenge sent my way :( not my weekend I guess. One of your challenges showed me a neat trick to save some time, though, so least I can do is return the favor. On silver bull, watch what I do right before the gems under the breakable blocks. You did something that probably wasted you a full second or two. Not sure if that was just a challenge mistake or whatnot, but...if it wasnt, hope to see your score jump :) Either way I gotta start working. Apparently zoo is in the race for grand total, and omgsars keeps chasing, so its gonna be a busy week

3. miklamagic

miklamagic Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    I'm catching up too! I'm still 10k points off #4 though, but I just mastered the Forbidden Hats and will be going for some speed runs today!

4. drunkhobo15

drunkhobo15 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I'm a hook enthusiast who are you?

5. drunkhobo15

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I'm glad that I got 12th weekly highscore when I finally finished it because I do not intend to try and beat it again anytime soon. Took me around 2 hours as well, but it was a great feeling.

6. Yohanetsu

Yohanetsu Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Far from perfect but, yeah, I am gonna enjoy it while it last.

I am no. 1 on open feint for Silver Skull :D

Yeey for me!

7. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Good job! You even beat the great qpawn. But now I'll have to play that level, again, and it is one of my least favorite. I'm sure qpawn will beat you long before I do - that is, if I can even come close to your score. =)

8. zoo

zoo Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Congratulations, pretty impressive score you got. It's one of my least favorite levels too, I think I raced through it a few times with Hookbot and got fed up. Which character did you use?

I've heard the mighty qpawn is back from his vacation in a dark, dank cave somewhere, and is no doubt working on beating your score already.

9. Yohanetsu

Yohanetsu Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Yeah, I used that level to farm gold and after a while I got some good scores going. When I grabbed the third spot just 3 points after mikeg123 I knew I had a shot at number one :D

I used hookbot :)

Noooes! :D

10. the zutons

the zutons Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    well i like the graphics style

looks kinda hard to play though

11. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    That is one of the few levels that I also use Hookbot. I don't think you could get such a high score with any other character. Or at least I am not good enough with Gunny to crash through all of the walls without slowing down. I got a new #1 local for me, but I'm still 2 points behind qpawn, and far behind Yohanetsu. Though I think I might have accidently figured out a new little trick so I'll play with that some. ;)

12. drunkhobo15

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    send me some challenges. Any level but the stupid hat levels because I am angry at them! Drunkhobo15 on OF

13. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    somehow my scores are not registered in OF for stone and silver hat levels.

14. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    try the lite
    it's not so hard

15. Dusk

Dusk Active Member

May 19, 2009
    I finally beat the Hat levels! Add me on OF, my user name: DuskĀ•

16. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009

Cool. I'll definitely check that out. I choked on a couple challenges myself.

I was feeling pretty happy being #5 on grand totals. Then I took a break for a couple days, checked the scores and am now down to 8. Some of these new ballers have got skillz. Oh well, it's incentive to keep playing and getting better.

Hook on, hook champers!

17. Zoot!

Zoot! Member

Jan 31, 2010
    Hey guys, please add me on OF and send some challenges my way, the only achievement I have left in the game is to recieve and win a challange :cool:

OF Name: Zoot!

18. deenybird

deenybird Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    hoooray! finally beat gold bull!
    now i've got a 2nd character and unlocked 2 new levels.

19. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    LOL :p

20. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Sorry, Yohanetsu, I just beat your Silver Skull score by 2 points. I still don't like that level.