GameClub Hook Champ (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Slapshot, Oct 17, 2009.

1. miklamagic

miklamagic Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    I'm talking about the grand total scores. You passed me this morning though. Oh well, I'm not that far behind.

2. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Why do I keep getting random friend requests? No hi or anything. Just log on and bam, 5 friends pending... Who are you people!?

3. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Probably because they see you in the forums, or in the high scores. I've gotten a lot if requests from people I don't know, as I'm sure many others have, too.

Though I'm not sure why anyone would want to be your friend (yes, I am kidding!).

4. zoo

zoo Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    #2984 zoo, Feb 7, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
    That sounds an awful lot like a challenge, which due to my competitive nature, I'm powerless to resist. :) I never really look at the OF scoreboards, so I was surprised when I saw I'm #5 overall, considering I've never attempted speed runs on any of the Wimpy, Frog, Rat, Bat or Monkey levels. Or any of the Skull levels besides Gold, or Bronze Hat. I may have to start trying a little harder to keep you on your toes.

5. RJ

RJ Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    California
    Just beat Stone and Bronze Hat...and ive been trying to get to the wall of flames with Jake for the past hour!! D:

Any tips, besides going on the rings by 2, and not hitting each one... :p

6. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    I've really come to enjoy the Frog and Bat levels. I know I can improve on Gold Frog. Sounds like you'd easily get to third place if you spent some time on all of those levels. I don't think I can let you have #2. And I don't expect to ever get #1.

7. misfitskater6

misfitskater6 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    I haven't tried yet,but on silver hatbox, there's a spot after the lava wall where you go into a cave have to go upwards to get over the wall. I've been using the rocketboots to get up there, but can you do it just by swinging? There's an area with some gems after the double rocketboot part, but by then my boots are all used up.

8. miklamagic

miklamagic Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Hey zoo, I just passed your grand total score by 8 points and moved to #5!

9. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

add me on OF Vester

10. Bok Choy

Bok Choy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Student
    Add me on Feint, too... I'm Bok Choy there.

11. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    #2991 Twiddle, Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
    Hook Champ 2

Okay, well while I was taking a shower, I came up with a plot for Hook Champ 2!

It starts off with Jake T. Hooker and Gunny falling in love. They get married and Gunny gives birth to Tim Hooker. One day, while Tim is playing at the beach near the shop, a pirate hits Tim on top of the head knocking him out.The Captain of the ship locks Tim up in a jail cell in the ship. The pirates demand that Tim reveal to them where the ancient map of Yerkan is, yet Tim has no idea where it is. The pirates tell him that the oracle is never wrong, and that she says that Tim knows where it is. the next day Tim wakes up to a violent storm, and the ship tilts, knocking a supply box at Tim's jail door, breaking it so Tim can escape. In the supply box, Tim finds a cheap pistol, and a Grappling Hook and Rope. Most of the panicked pirates don't notice Tim is out of the cell, due to the fact that there is a very loud thunder storm rocking the ship. Tim shoots the few pirates that do notice him, though. Tim jumps off the boat and grabs on to a floating plank. Tim also notices an unconscious girl is floating nearby, so he grabs her. Tim grabs her and grapples onto the plank and ties him and her around the waist. A giant boulder knocks Tim unconscious when a giant wave runs him into it. Tim wakes up to find himself and the girl on an unknown island. When the girl wakes up, Tim discovers that she is the oracle named Gabriel. The oracle tells him that by fate they have landed on the very island that holds all the pieces of the map of Yerkan. Tim refuses to help, but oracle convinces him to help by telling him that the map of Yerkan reveals the location of magic, golden, indestructible, flying ship, and that he could fly back to his home with it. He agrees, and Gabriel and Tim go to find all the pieces of the Yerkan map in ancient caves gaurded by the souls of the Yerkan Pirates that once owned the ship. Not only do Yerkan Ghosts attack him, but so do other Pirates, Bounty Hunters, and natives. Tim must use his gun and Hook to get all the pieces of the map.

Every Gold level, instead of another racing level, would be a boss. The final boss would probably be the Yerkan Captains Ghost.

Details like the names of the characters and stuff could be revised.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Woo! 300 pages! I posted the 2nd comment on the 300th page! Woo hoo!

12. Bluellama1

Bluellama1 Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2009
    Student
    Metro Detroit, Michigan
    #2992 Bluellama1, Feb 8, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
    Sounds cool. I changed the girl's name though. I found it funny that you came up with this in the shower. I guess some of us do our best thinking while naked.

13. SunriseMoon

SunriseMoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    [​IMG]
    (jk)

14. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    Haha at post above that was great.

Story is neat, but I'd rather new level sets
    Kepa said next one was snow theme if I recall.
    After that I'm hoping they have desert levels with quicksand that slows you down and if you go too deep you get swallowed!

15. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Aaaaaa new, less horrible website. Aaaaaaaa

New game picture on it. Still super tiny and devoid of any real details. We're saving up for some pretty huge exclusives.

We'll be adding a mailing list later. Mostly for the press, but also open to people that must have detailed major news as soon as it hits. Along with that, we're also going to redo our blog to be more of a fan blog. We'll use it to post fan art and so on, along with art content and behind the scenes stuff.

16. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Looks good!!
    I really like your game design philosophy :)

Yesterday, after about 2 hours... I finally beat the forbidden hat levels :D

17. cbharris01

cbharris01 New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Silver Hatbox

Crap, silver hatbox was intense. Took me forever to figure out that you have to hook every other ring in the second really narrow part. What is the max # of coins on this level? 80? 100? :confused:

18. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    There are 80 coins. Right at the start (under you) and if you are behind the first lava-rings also under a platform. The rest comes automatically. ;)

19. cbharris01

cbharris01 New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    Also...

The last acheviement i need is to get a #1 global :/ there are more than a few pro-status hookers on this thread so im thinking my best chance is to get in when the leader boards get reset. does this happen randomly every week or is it the same time every week?

20. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I can't stand Forbidden Hat Silver :(.