GameClub Hook Champ (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Slapshot, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    That's what the Challenge system is supposed to accomplish. What we could do is some sort of send-your-ghost option using the challenge system. A spectate mode, basically. We'll add that to the list, though probably the "Do for Future Game" list.

2. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Yes, I forgot to mention that the current challeng system kind of accomplishes that. However, in the heat of a challenge, you might miss something, or if you die early you'll miss things. I think a spectate mode that allows you to watch, stress free, over and over would be a good thing. But, yes, that is a future enhancement if you guys choose to ever do it.

3. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    I am very curious about the Minigore levels.

4. miklamagic

miklamagic Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    I just entered the top 10 grand total scores after having this game for two weeks. It's gonna be tough to beat some of my highscores though (especially the Stone Bull). What do you guys do to go fast? I try to use the shortest possible swings. I'm coming for you Hookbot!

5. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Ha ha, my Openfient name is Hookbot. Let's see you just TRY to top my highscore.

6. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Anyone got any tips and tricks? You can pm me. (don't worry Im not hardcore and I won't be taking over the leaderboards, I'm just interested as I am a noob at this game)

Hmm what was the name of the TD game? I'm kinda interested lol.

7. Metalbear

Metalbear Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    I wonder how Mr.Gore even looks in HC.......

This is going to TOTALLY rock!

Kepa, I'm following you on Twitter under TheMetalFist

8. LunarKeys

LunarKeys Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Patience, patience, patience. Practice a level. If you have the money, download Hookbot to look around levels. Even on the easier levels, I had trouble trying to find every last coin or jewel with Jake or Gunny, and Hookbot was a godsend for searching. (plus, he's a great way to at least get a chance to look at Silver Hat)

Replay levels until you get the #1 local score to get some extra money. Getting upgrades early is a great way to help out your game. Don't buy hats until your stuff is fully upgraded. (though the 3000 coin hooks can wait) Using a shotgun blast to get some momentum after you've stopped is a great way to get moving quickly again. You can also use a shotgun blast at the beginning of a level to start off fast and lower your times. Don't be afraid to hook backwards if you miss a hook later on. The chasers aren't usually too fast (with the exception of the rat and hat levels) and are forgiving enough to let you backswing once or twice to try again.

Good luck!

(Getting closer on skulls. Managed to boost my score on Silver Skull to #4 on OpenFeint!)

9. omgsars

omgsars Member

Jan 28, 2010
    the ghost idea is great. even casual challenges to my real life friends are nerve wracking. like you've said before; my *great* runs are probably, 1-2/10. i use the restart level option pretty loosely.

10. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    Kepa I have some kind of super achievement glitch.

I have won 15 challenges yet, I have NOT gotten the achievement.

Something is clearly going wrong here, and its not me!

11. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Are you winning an achievement someone sends to you? You don't get the achievement if you win a challenge as the challenger. You have to beat someone's ghost, rather than initiating the challenge.

12. miklamagic

Jan 9, 2010
    Hey Twiddle, I just passed you! I'm number 8 now, and I'm only 500 points off of zooo. I still have a lot of room to improve on the Forbidden Hat levels.

13. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    AHHH! What levels? I'm going to own your score!

14. mattman93

mattman93 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2009
    I finally beat all the hat levels without hookbot! Now I need to get all the 3000 coin hooks, what do you guys think the best level to make money is?

Also my OF name is mattman, I don't have any friends on there yet but I will gladly accept your challenges.

15. miklamagic

Jan 9, 2010
    #2975 miklamagic, Feb 7, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2010
    My score on the Bronze Hat is pretty bad, and I think I'm still missing some loot on the Silver Hat. It's easier to collect the loot on the Silver and Stone than the Bronze for me though.

16. miklamagic

Jan 9, 2010
    Try catching up to me now, Twiddle! I just got over 251k points, which puts me at #6! I passed Guise and zooo! I just got 8th OF score on the Bronze Hat, and now that I have all local scores, it's gonna be really hard to improve. I'm gonna do the Bat and Frog levels now, but I hate the Bat levels more than the Forbidden Hats! The bats are so annoying!

17. dumbname

dumbname Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    What I do when I encounter bats: nothing, if I try to hook or anything it'll screw me up and I'll lose a lot of time. If I do nothing the bats usually bounce me forward until they're gone.

18. zoo

zoo Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Which level are you referring to? If it's Bronze Hat don't get too excited, I've never tried a speedrun on that level. I don't enjoy playing it. Congratulations on getting #8 OF score though.

19. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    you should make that more noteable, I thought I could initial the challenege as it only says to win one.

Change it to win a challnge FROM A FOE ;).

Thanks for the quick response, finally beat silver hatbpx at 6:00 am this morning ;) gold is such a taunt.

Going to try to buy all hats and special hooks now, I have jake fully done ;)

20. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Zoo, I'm sure if you enjoyed playing other levels, like Frog, then we'd be competing for the #2 overall spot. ;-)