GameClub Hook Champ (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Slapshot, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Adding this to the feature request checklist. Most likely won't make Update 4, however.

This is the main reason we cancelled our Gamble feature. We forgot to add cheat protection for the coins. We'll actually probably take the Most Coins leaderboard down when we get around to it, it's just a really low priority.

2. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    KEPA! *Holy Light* Haha Please check either your email and/or the previous page of this thread, I really really need your help. =(

-Thanks, Andrew of TDA

3. zoo

zoo Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Fingers crossed for update 5. OF data restore and disabling notifications would be a great help. Having to hack to get coins wasn't ideal, but since I couldn't restore, it was the only option. I'll keep the coins for now until after I've fixed the sandbox error so I can finally buy Zelle; after that I'll probably knock the coin total down to what it was before (several hundreds of thousands less).

4. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Zoo please check your PMs. Thanks Much

5. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Well, it shouldn't take but a few hours to get to the Gold Bull. Good luck, and I would suggest that to get enough coins for upgrades you just repeat Silver Frog over and over, and make sure to find all the secret gems in that level. You know you have found all the gems if you get 68 loot in total. In order to beat the Bull levels, all you need is Jake, Hot Pants, a few Jets, and a little skill.

6. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    And rocket boots...and a long rope & hook.

7. Twiddle

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Well, then I think you should stop typing and get hooking! :D

8. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Bwahahahaha!!! >=P

I'm not an expert, but I don't think that would work. I think the permissions would be wrong for someone else's game save. I could be wrong though. I had to wipe my data and start over (twice) and I'd suggest doing like zoo mentions and giving yourself enough coins to buy everything right off the bat. It will make beating the levels over again MUCH easier and quicker. I agree it's sort of like cheating, but I basically had all the equipment before wiping my data anyway, so I just look at it as not wasting hours of my life grinding for coins again.

On a different note, I finally beat Silver Hat! Wow, I thought I'd never make it. I spent the last week or so getting no farther than 62%. I'd only even make it that far like 1 in 5 tries, so it made it near impossible to prepare for what was in the rest of the level. But somehow, I made it through the whole thing. And I had no trouble with Gold Hat ;) So happy to have finally finished everything in the game!

9. Twiddle

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    BOARDUMB, I did that challenge you sent me... look at what I got... LOL! AND I SOMEHOW LOST!

Attached Files:

• TIE.png
      TIE.png
      File size:
      32.2 KB
      Views:
  10. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Lol, I guess you can't tie then. :)

11. Twiddle

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Check out the whip I created in Photoshop! :)

[​IMG]

Did it say you lost, also?

12. miklamagic

miklamagic Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2010
    #2932 miklamagic, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
    This is the most played game on my iTouch, and I've only had it for a week and a half! I just broke the top 250 grand total scores last night, and beat the Forbidden Hat levels last weekend. Now I'm #64th in total scores! (I'm addicted). Someone send me a challenge so I can get the last achievement please! OF name is Miklamagic. Edit: I just broke 200k points and I'm #37!

13. cbharris01

cbharris01 New Member

Feb 3, 2010
    yessssss

after 3 days of religiously hooking I finally beat stone hatbox with gunny:D sooooo happy right now. i need friends for challenges, anyone interested?

14. miklamagic

Jan 9, 2010
    Send me some challenges. I'll be snowed in all weekend!

15. brunolanglet

brunolanglet Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Me too!!! I just got past that level yesterday after a lot of work!!! Anyway if you wanna add me for challenges or whatever my openfeint name is bruno! (Thats right, its bruno with an exclamation mark! At the end).

16. drunkhobo15

drunkhobo15 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Going back through all the levels trying for high scores is more fun than I thought it would be. Also kepa you are a sneaky bastard with these hidden gems and coins.

17. miklamagic

Jan 9, 2010
    I just broke the top 25 grand total scores. I'm #23! Someone send me a challenge!

18. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Yeah after taking Zoo's coin advice and getting all possible upgrades back (plus I bought Hook Bot now), I have finally arrived at the Stone Hat level, but it is pretty hard plus if I use Hook Bot, there is no cursed ghost, but at the same time, he won't pick up the Hat Box! Ugh, it's hard. Any tips?

19. Tap Dat App

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Oh and does anyone know what the "Secret" achievement is that is worth 100 OpenFeint Points?

20. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    That achievement is for beating all the Hat levels. As for Stone Hat, the hardest part is getting through the ring section with the lava on the top and bottom. The easiest way for me was to tap extremely quickly on each one... and pray. If you hold onto a ring for just barely too long, you might swing yourself right up into the lava ceiling. It just takes tons of practice. And if you think Stone is hard, you're going to hate your life when you get to Silver. :) Bronze is a bit tricky, mostly because there's tons of annoying blocks to break thru and no clearcut path, but it was a cake walk compared to Stone and Silver Hat IMO.