GameClub Hook Champ (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Slapshot, Oct 17, 2009.

1. RJ

RJ Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    California
    Restarted the game for the fun of it, got back to Stone Hat, and i cant beat it a second time...i'm using Gunny...is that smart? Just asking. :)

I have everything maxed out (since i was grinding Stone Rat in the sewers) but i still cant fend off the chaser. Do i need all 3 rocket jumps?

2. drunkhobo15

drunkhobo15 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I used gunny. I needed the extra shotguns to fend off the chaser. Otherwise its just getting the hooks and jumps down.

3. RJ

RJ Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    California
    Alright. But what about the wall of lava? (Or is that in Silver Hat?)

4. drunkhobo15

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Love this game a lot and recently went through getting all top local scores other than the hat levels. In the process of doing that I also got a few global scores =D. Feel free to add me and send me challenges. Username drunkhobo15.

5. drunkhobo15

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
    that is silver hat you have to use jake. No other character can do it.

6. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
  7. drunkhobo15

Feb 5, 2010
    Waiter
    Fort Worth, Texas
  8. zoo

zoo Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I'm praying the next update will have the option to disable Online Friend notifications. As much as I love all my OF friends, I couldn't care less if they come online while I'm racing through a level.

9. Metalbear

Metalbear Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    So did I.

Exactly. It's both distracting and kind of annoying

10. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Totally agree with this. Sometimes it causes a split second of lag, too, which can muck up a run. But even if it doesn't lag, whenever that notification pops up I always feel compelled to read who it is anyway, which usually distracts me enough to screw up my run too.

11. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    yes - agreed

12. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    Yes, and i always blame the person who came online to ruin my run, and last time the leaderboards where reset it's your fault BOARDUMB that i didn't get a crown! :mad:

13. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    Yeah, the current challenge system is very unforgiving, which is both: a good and a bad thing. Some like the pressure as it adds a bit of excitement, but it's no fun totally messing up on a run, since that isn't really a challenge for the person who receives it.

All in all, I've had a bit of fun playing several challenges with some of you here a few months back. I might do it again just to get back into the game.

And yes, seems likes OF people have some adjustments to make for 2.5v. Give us a bit of customization to toggle things on/off, and let us easily compare scores/stats with friends.

14. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    I would like to join in too, if we can set our argument aside. I am always up for a challenge. :D

Kind of reminds me of a Rickroll, Hook Champ style.

15. Shumby

Shumby Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    You've been Browned... :confused:
    gross...

16. Zoot!

Zoot! Member

Jan 31, 2010
    HOORAY! I finally was able to get a #1 score on the global list! :) Golden Bat is mine... momentarily. I beat the other #1 score by exactly 1 milisecond, so I can't help but feel bad :D

17. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    #2917 Tap Dat App, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
    PLEASE HELP: I already had Hook Champ but was having a problem with in-app purchases and I was recommended to uninstall the app and then reinstall it. I saved my game data/progress through a jailbroken app called AppBackup. I reinstalled it and planned to press "restore" to restore my data from AppBackup but I got a Twitter push notification at that same time and clicked close which somehow went through to the first notification/pop-up which asked me to either restore or backup and sadly, I thus pressed backup, which backedup the game's new data...which was nothing. I have lost all my data for this game and I am so distraught. I have made much progress and I feel horrible, the game means a lot to me and I have spent a lot of time on it and can not even imagine starting over.

Does anyone know ANY possible way to get my data back OR automatically unlock the levels I had beaten and such?

THERE IS ONE WAY: If someone who has also made progress on the game would be willing to SSH into their iDevice, backup the Hook Champ file onto their Computer and email the file to me, I could SSH it into my own iDevice and then at least I wouldn't have to technically start all over.

I'm so angry at myself right now, thanks for possibly helping me anyway you can...I'd do anything to get my data or progress back! =(

18. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    I don't know of any way to get your information back. I feel bad for you, but jailbroken ipods aren't created by professionals in the first place, so they have a lot of bugs. I could try to give you tips so you could get through the levels fast and get to where you were before, though. How far did you get?

19. Tap Dat App

Tap Dat App Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Professional Actor
    In the App Store
    Well I was about to beat the last level of the Bull temple place, and for me I had spent over a few weeks time on that since I haven't had time to sit down and play it like an entire day or something. I had substantially upgraded Jake's equipment and such too.

20. zoo

zoo Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    When I lost all my data for the 2nd time, I edited the .plist file to give myself loads of coins, to avoid having to endlessly grind and save up to buy all the expensive stuff. The downsides to this are it's kinda cheating if you hadn't already unlocked/bought everything, it doesn't unlock the levels, and you look like an asshole on the 'Most Coins' leaderboard.