GameClub Hook Champ (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Slapshot, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    #2881 Guise, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2010

Exactly. I've done the same in a bunch of challenges. I figure that's my one hope of topping you guys in a challenge. I'll hit you up tomorrow.

2. Morenar

Morenar Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    If you're talking about parts with hooks to grapple, try hooking every other one. If you're talking about the part after that, its just a long jump. Be patient and you'll get it.

3. canadiandude

canadiandude Active Member

Feb 2, 2010
    The first half was pretty easy but that long jump is really annoying. there is nothing to hook too. What should I be looking for to hook onto??

4. LunarKeys

LunarKeys Member

Feb 1, 2010
    If you're talking about a very long section of lava with no ceilings, walls, hooks, or anything, then you need to use two sets of rocket boots to get across. (Look on the previous page for more details)

5. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009

Not at all. Didn't mean to single anyone out specifically. I'll add you on OF. I've already posted a very poor showing against Morenar on the Golden Bat.

6. LunarKeys

LunarKeys Member

Feb 1, 2010
    My mistake; I didn't mean to count myself amongst the greats, there. I'm still new at this!

I spent ten minutes trying to figure out how to send a challenge before realizing it was right there on the level select. D'oh!

I rolled some dice and ended up randomly picking Gold Bull. Not exactly a strong showing, but I managed not to kill myself in my attempt. Good luck to you!

7. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009

Cool. I too don't consider myself an elite Hook Champer (how can one, with the likes of mikeg123 and qpawn doing their business on the leaderboards?). Thought it might be fun to get some heavy challenge action going. I plan on devoting some time tomorrow to the prospect--like Morenar, I'm on the east coast and figure to be snowed in.

Thanks.

8. Morenar

Morenar Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    I didn't get the Golden Bat challenge. I saw you got the first bull challenge(and what an embarrassment that was on my end) but also wasn't sure if you got the second bull challenge. I'll recheck in the morning, making sure there isnt some glitch, but if I dont get it, would you mind resending? And with that I desperately need sleep before work.

9. zoo

zoo Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I'm bored and have a lot of spare time at the moment, so feel free to send any challenges my way. :)

I don't think I've had a single challenge yet where I haven't had a phone call, a text message, a Facebook push update, or just sneezed, mid-way through my run.

10. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Yes, I'm always down for challenges. It sucks when you totally know you can beat one, then you biff it on something stupid, and fail. I guess the added pressure is a part of the challenge. Even still, sometimes I'll send someone pretty much the same challenge they sent me after I've failed one, just to be like "see! I can do it!". :p

I really like the speed challenges, cause it throws off your conditioning to certain levels where you're focused on every treasure. So yeah, anyone and everyone challenge me up! :)

11. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Where's my challenge :mad: Lol

12. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Haha, ok, you asked for it.

13. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    #2893 d1, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
    :D Lol

EDIT:

Step up your game Boardumb :p

14. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    How'd that new one I sent you go? I screwed up pretty royally in that one, too, but it was a better effort than the first. I forget which levels I'm even good at, besides the Wimpy ones.

15. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I'm the opposite, I never play the Wimpy levels. I'll get to the challenge tomorrow when I'm bored. Did you get my challenge? I messed up a couple times in it but eh.

16. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    you can also challenge me if you want ;)

OF username: jar0d

17. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    lol, just barely beat it. But in practicing that level for the challenge, I got a bit obsessed with it. I never knew how fun it was. Now, I'm sitting 10 pts back from your #1 score on the weekly boards. My brain's turned to mush from restarting so much, so I give up for tonight. Argh, how do I get those last 10 pts!?! :p BTW, your score would be #4 in OF but it's not on there, did it not upload or something?

Added you in OF. I'll probably send out a bunch of challenges to everyone tomorrow, and see what happens. I gotta call it quits right now, it's 4:30am! :eek:

18. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Lol yea :p When I saw the end score I was like crap..That's way too low but I didn't feel like redoing it. Those last few points = a sec or two, which can be hard to get :p Idk I never checked the OF board..That sucks it isn't on there. I think I might've been offline when I got it but it still should've uploaded. Oh well, guess I'll have to try and beat it.

19. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe
    Great! I'm looking forward to it! :D

20. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Feel free to send me challenges. I'll try to get to them at some point. Unfortunately, I don't have much time to be bored these days. And I still have challenges sitting in my queue. And I'm sure I will do terrible on any challenge sent my way. You will all probably wonder how in the world I got to a #2 ranking... Ha! For whatever reason, I think the added challenge of the pressure can really screw you up. Not to mention that for every great run I have on a level, it was preceded by numerous bad runs.