GameClub Hook Champ (by Rocketcat Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Slapshot, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009

Apologies to the rest of the thread for engaging in this pointless debate. This will be my one and only response to the above nonsense.

I am through with trying to decipher your twaddle, Twiddle. You seem incapable of engaging in a reasonable debate or understanding what I have written. Maybe if your original post would have been more pertinent and lucid, this pseudo-argument could have been avoided. The above tactic of selectively quoting from our respective posts does not diminish the confusion of your original post.

Since you joined this thread in December, you have made condescending remarks to people who have been here since the beginning (offering mikeg123 a fake hug when he dared to question what you had written, etc.); actively solicited a job with Rocketcat and a role as beta tester; posted on a near-constant basis, often answering questions that were directly asked of other members.

Now, you have changed your signature to imply a flame war that doesn't exist and have suggested getting back on topic after bringing this all up in the first place. You seem a little sensitive and snippy.

Again, very sorry to the rest of the thread. I've learned my lesson.

Hook on.

2. Twiddle

Twiddle Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    #2862 Twiddle, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
    This will be my last post about this, also. You must have not seen this.

And about my signature, that was actually a reminder to myself not to get into this again. Hope you understand, and when I answered posts that were directed to other members, I can guarantee I did no harm, if not help. I would really enjoy it if we could stay on topic, as I said in my other post.

I wouldn't mind giving mikeg even more hugs! I don't see the problem with a stranger hugging another stranger over the internet. :D And yes, I post on this thread constantly. What's the harm?

3. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    How about you start a new thread in the upcoming games section of the forums? I'm all for discussing the new game, but maybe this thread isn't the place for that. Or if others would rather have it here, then that is fine. Just a suggestion.

4. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

I think people have been havin a fine time discussing the new game here. I don't think we need a thread in the upcoming games portion

5. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    That's fine. I thought you might also get more interest if the new game discussion wasn't buried in the Hook Champ thread. Either way works for me.

6. Twiddle

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Sounds like something we could do when the discussion gets more popular, but as of right now, I think we should just stay in this thread. Although I do think Kepa should have the final say in this.

7. deeetour

deeetour Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2010
    My head hurts.

Anyway, I have 5 days off work starting in 4 hours, and I am intent on finally having a crack at the Hatbox levels. I've had a few runs at Stone, but haven't really dug in and given it a proper go.

8. mikeg123

Sep 23, 2009
    Get the aspirin ready! If your head hurts now, just wait till the Hat levels hand out a smack down. Have fun, and good luck! ;)

9. Kepa

Kepa Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    No use making another thread yet. I'll make one when we have enough stuff built to show Toucharcade a good exclusive video.

Also, I forgot to turn my signature on containing the twitter I want people to follow. Woops.

10. Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Peoria, Arizona
    Following! I'm hooked on watching for tweets from my favorite devs!

11. LunarKeys

LunarKeys Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Good luck! Stone Hatbox did wonders to kill off my ego after finishing Gold Skull, and then Silver Hatbox plowed it so far under that the Chinese are wondering what to do with it. (Bronze is easier by comparison, fortunately)

I may or may not have screamed for joy when I finished the hatbox levels!

12. Chrono Gear

Oct 10, 2009
    Peoria, Arizona
    Okay, im stuck @64%ish on Silver Hat, common sticking point I know. For those able to clear it with hookbot any suggestions? The chaser is way too fast for me on the hat levels to try with a "regular" character. At least for now anyway. I'm sure I'll have to to get the special hats that unlock.

13. Twiddle

Dec 12, 2009
    Shop Lifter
    In your basement.
    Well, on the Silver Hat, I don't think that the chaser is the problem, because it actually moves slower than Jake on that level. The main problem on that level is the lava, and no I don't believe that you can beat that level with Hookbot.

14. LunarKeys

LunarKeys Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Hookbot cannot finish the level because of the double rocket jump towards the end of the level. (The boosters do not recharge fast enough) You must complete it with Jake.

...come to think of it, if I recall correctly, you are currently on the double rocket section. You need to rocket upwards once, then fall until you almost touch the lava before hitting the boots again. That'll carry you far enough to get to the far end. (The rest of the level is pretty easy, thankfully!)

15. Chrono Gear

Oct 10, 2009
    Peoria, Arizona
    Rocketing up won't make me hit the lava? I'll have to try it if I can get Jake that far along.

16. LunarKeys

LunarKeys Member

Feb 1, 2010
    You have to time it very carefully. Make sure you're about to touch the lava on the bottom before you hit the Rocket Boots, or you will find yourself hitting the top. Practice makes perfect; lord knows how many times I managed to run into the lava in my attempts.

Good luck!

17. canadiandude

canadiandude Active Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Silver forbidden is impossible!!!!!

For the life of me I can't get past the floating rows of lava.

18. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    BOARDUMB, Mikeg123, zooo, Morenar, Qpawn, et al--

What say you all to a challenge-fest as we await update 4? I was going to just challenge y'all directly, but I didn't want to embarrass myself without the promise of a rematch. Speed run or highscore, it might be fun to get some competition going (again, I suggest this not because I expect victory but because it could be cool). Let me know.

Hook on.

19. Morenar

Morenar Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    #2879 Morenar, Feb 5, 2010
    I'd be happy to. Just be aware, the one time I royally mess up a level at the easiest spot will be in the middle of a challenge. I might get it perfect 50 times right before, and the 50 after, but that one....:D I'll add ya on OF though. Feel free to challenge me on whatever(theres supposed to be massive snowstorms this weekend, so ill be stuck in my apt anyways...East coast blues)

Edit: point in case: :( to be fair, that was a phone call from the gf, but still...what a lousy way to go

20. LunarKeys

LunarKeys Member

Feb 1, 2010
    #2880 LunarKeys, Feb 5, 2010
    If you'll pardon my gargantuan ego for a second for presuming that I'm actually good at this game, I'd love to join in! I haven't been able to try any challenges against other players, and would love to see if I was capable of holding up against some of the best players. Plus, this'll get me out of my comfort zone (All of my good scores are on the Skull levels, with a few half-decent scores scattered around the rest of the world)

Feel free to add me and send some challenges my way. =) No guarantees that I'll give a decent fight, but, hey, worth a shot!

(Probably should add that I am indeed LunarKeys in-game)