Universal Hook (by Rainbow Train Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by targaciej, Jan 21, 2015.

1. targaciej

targaciej Active Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Poland
    [​IMG]

"Hook" reached #1 in puzzle games in Poland !
    Its current rating score is 4,94.

So if you like puzzle games, please check it out :)

playthehook.com

2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I apologise for my delay in writing a review, truth is I have not had time to get into the game properly and I hate giving opinions without giving a game a decent amount of play. So far I'm up to level 30 and really enjoy the game.

Each new mechanic adds depth to the puzzles and really makes you think. It looks minimal but there is a lot of meat to it. Sometimes though I'll admit I've struggled to figure what the new elements actually do as there isn't any explanation, not sure how you could improve that though without taking away from the minimal design.

Highly recommend this to anyone who likes puzzles, esp logic ones.

3. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    I love Hook! The minimalist design instantly caught my interest, and boy, it sure has been a long time since I last played a game without a clustered UI display. This one completely ditches it! Fire up the app, play currently level or revisit previous ones, done! And I wouldn't call that lazy design, that's what's unique about Hook!

Gameplay-wise it's indeed a little easy, but coupled with the relaxing BGM, the game delivers a very soothing experience. I hope Rainbow Train will be able to create even more games like Hook :)

4. Dues

Dues Member

Feb 11, 2015
    Sweden
    This is a very nice puzzle game! I really reccomend anyone who likes puzzles to try it out!
    Well done! :)

5. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    #25 mzinn, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
    Very well done puzzle game. I was surprised how often I went past my other games & would end up playing Hook. Really enjoying it. Great puzzler!