Homescreen OCD's?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Teh_Ninja, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    (I knew that "this is how I sort my homescreen" threads have been made, I figured this hadn't been asked before.)

Am I the only one here that uses 3 rows (columns) of apps? I don't like having a 4th row, it just makes it too cluttered IMO.

What are your homescreen OCD's?

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #2 Teknikal, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
    I keep all my common shortcuts on the right hand side and all the usual windows icons (my computer etc) on the left all alphabetical order.

Well that's what I did until two days ago when something put them all on the left and completely mixed everything up, I think splashtop streamer is the guilty party as I've noticed it switches the resolution everytime you log in.

Will probably sort it out again and just try to set up a VNC.

edit: After writing this I decided to have a brief search online and yes Splashtop does mess up your desktop unless you go into the client program find the advanced settings and force it to use your computers native resolution.
    I think I've it set up not to it now but time will tell.

3. Teh_Ninja

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Lol, I referring to the iOS homescreen. :p

4. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I like to have all my games grouped together by genre.

5. Codycat

Codycat Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Don't stalk me.
    That's what I do as well.

Another OCD for me is having all apps in a folder or no apps in any folders. I cannot stand having a single app out of a folder. (Except for my dock)

6. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Yeah, this ^

7. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Same here. Like if I download ton of games and don't have time to sort them out, I just make a "Misc. Games" folder and stick them in there it I can sort them out.

8. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Ah right guess my windows one just went straight into my mind because of the incident i was ranting about but for an example of my IOS setup.

Pretty boring I'm sure but I do have a lot of apps in all those folders

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Teh_Ninja

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    Dang, you think you have enough apps? :p

10. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    One of the advantages of 64gb but it was actually worse a few months ago I actually cleared a lot of games out to fit more music on.

Just a case of if I have the space I'm bound to fill it.

11. So true, I got a 64 gb new ipad, and I filled it up in one week... I'll try to post pictures of my menus, have over 700 apps, mostly games. Maybe some of you others can put up some screenshots of your home screens, that would be cool. It would be interesting to see what programs are useful to you all.

12. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I only put things in folders when all the homescreens are full. But all my folders have to be sorted, I couldn't have one called "Misc. Games" or something generic like "Action".
    Although I do have a few folders that I think are overly specific and are unlikely to ever get more than a couple of apps in them, for example "Giant Worms" which has Death Worm and Mega Worm in it, maybe I'd not keep running out of homescreen space if all my folders had more apps in them...

13. Curleh Mustache

Curleh Mustache Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2010
    My OCDs: I have to alphabatize all of my apps and I have to make sure I have no apps running in the foreground (meaning running on the actual screen) before I lock my iPad and iPhone.

14. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    You think that's bad? I've got way more than that. As for sorting, I have all the default homescreen/apple apps (and some optional ones) kept out of the folders on the first page. All the other pages have the apps sorted into folders by genre. Within the folders, I sort them into sub-genres. Within the sub-genres, I sort them alphabetically :eek:

15. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    All of my games are sorted in alphabetical folders, but my very first screen only has a single app in the top left corner (currently Flipboard) because I want to stare at my wallpaper image of Jenna Fischer without interruption.

16. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Alphabetical order, hey? I like that idea!

17. MrAlbum

MrAlbum Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Student
    Alaska
    I keep all my games on a separate screen. I restrict them to 24 games at any one time, even if I get new games. If I want to re-play a game, I re-download it. Just my $0.02