Homerun Battle 3D new update question

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ChewbaccasGrowl, Oct 21, 2009.

1. ChewbaccasGrowl

ChewbaccasGrowl Active Member

Mar 29, 2009
    Just downloaded the new update and there appears to be new content in the form of clothes packs some of which can be purchased with goldenballs whilst the rest cost money ranging from 59p to £11.99!!!!
    Am I missing something or misunderstanding something here? If this pricing is correct it is absurd! What are your thoughts?

2. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    I agree.

I would gladly pay for a new stadium but not clothing, especially since it has been free all along.
    My thought about it - This game has been very successful. They should want to update content as a favor to those who have spread the word.
    Look at all of the pocket god updates.

We are going into a time though, where in-app purchasing is there, so everyone is going to use it to make money.

I don't mind spending money, and I will pay for quality - BUT I will NEVER buy clothes in a video game.
    I would rather have stadiums - things that matter.

3. mavis

mavis Well-Known Member

I agree that the pricing is a bit ridiculous. I'm sure it's just a matter of them seeing what the market will support, though - quite a bit of new content is free (gold balls only) and if you notice, they are also selling (DLC) new content in a wide range of prices - from $0.99 all the way up to $20, with not much variation in specs. Looks to me like they're just trying to figure out what the 'sweet spot' is for in-game purchases.

4. Neopower

Neopower New Member

Oct 13, 2009
    #4 Neopower, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
    Uniforms that cost.

I only had a quick look at this update this morning before heading into work . I saw the Uniform Packs and noted that they were DLC that came at a cost. The other thing I noticed is that the individual items that make up the packs appear where all other "winnable" items have been previously.

So it looks like you may have the option to either buy packs of grouped items or earn them individually ( through gold balls ).

I may be wrong of course ;)

This looks as though its being discussed in teh other Home Run thread in any case. :)

5. blk04a4

blk04a4 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    xray tech
    bay area cali
    even though they have stuff that costs all the way up to $20 doesnt mean it will stay there. since the in appp purchasing is fairly new they will adjust the prices to get the most sales

6. com2us

com2us Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    #6 com2us, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
    Important Notice!

Sluggers, please update your game to v1.2.3 & connect to network at least once to be able to retrieve items if get lost. (doesn’t apply for switching devices).

Thanks for different feedbacks of item prices. :)

7. Bruno

Bruno Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Capital Markets
    Boston
    Ridiculous update.....

All the things that I said positively towards the game you put on risk with this ridiculous update. What were you thinking?

The golden balls stuff are worst than the Fire, Knight or Frozen gear....Dev, terrible job...terrible....

8. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    wasnt it supposed to be easier to get further hits and stuff? i havent noticed a difference at all