Universal Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! (by Daylight Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Bunion

Bunion Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Do you guys think this is worth the money for iPad?

2. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Yes, iPad version worth the money, this is the best on iPad

3. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Update has gone live. Fixes the crashing problems I was experiencing after the weapon awards.

I can no longer remember how to play, mind, but at least I CAN play in principle! May start another savegame / run.

Tah, devs! Good work!

4. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    How do u compare this with shop heroes? Fremium game.

5. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Haven't played it, afraid to say. At the risk of sounding like a right bell-end, I only really play premium games.

And as a premium time management game, it is pretty darned good / well worth a fiver, imo!

6. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Just "best" the game last night. Good times, I hope the DLC they made for steam becomes available too.

When I was looking It up to see if the steam version had DLC I saw this post on max stats for different smiths: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=791680390

Good to know...there is only like 3 or four legendary smiths and they actually aren't the best in the game, and this guide says which region they are in.

I am thinking now that the strongest way to go is 8 master smiths—they have the highest stats—and two virtuosos. I had four thinking to specialize each one, but I think better to do the same with two, if you can chooose the best smiths to cover two types anyway.

Pretty fun, although I was hoping for more of a crescendo at the end....where's the dragon?

7. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    With some regrets, I'm close to deleting this.

2.1gb. But I've got a persistent bug where I'm unable to unlock new planets, bc as soon as I attempt to do so the screen recentres. Which leaves the planet I want to unlock off-screen; whilst the screen cannot be moved.

I alerted the devs to this three weeks ago, and was told it was a known issue / they're on it.

And I re-emailed last Friday.

No response.

I get the feeling they've effectively dropped iOS, or lost interest in it. This thread has certainly died. No more updates after the one initial crash fix (and that was several days behind schedule).

Yeah. I'm not getting fantastic vibes about ongoing support / crash fixes / issue resolution.

8. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Righty ho.

Time to delete.

Longstanding, known, cross-platform issue. Subsequently flagged (at least by me) as a fatal flaw on (my) iOS.

Game unplayable.

No fix delivered. No dev response. No future fix (currently, by me) expected.

With some regrets, it's time to free up that 2gb of unplayable space.

9. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Marketing
    Berlin Germany
    #69 DTK, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    Does the game now work without problems?

If you are interested, there is now a bundle to buy in the Appstore (iPhone version + iPad version = 4,99 €).

10. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Is this a game where you have to micromanage every detail like building each weapon.

I like management games but I disliked games heavy on micromanagement.

11. DTK

DTK Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2014
    Marketing
    Berlin Germany
    What you mean?
    In the last time more and more big games was released.

12. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I just discovered the version of this game that I purchased is no longer available on the App Store. How the heck did that happen? I don’t think I should have to pay for this again but I won’t get updates or the new DLC with the version I have installed.

13. Annii

Annii Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    #73 Annii, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    Grrr I have just noticed this too and sent the following email to the devs

Hi

I purchased Holy Potatoes! A weapon shops story on the day it was released on IPad and it hasn’t left my device. I read today that new DLC was being released and when I checked in the App Store the game showed a price instead of giving me the option to open it. I clicked and entered my Touch ID expecting to receive the message that I’d already purchased it. No such message appeared and I enclose a screenshot of both icons on my IOS device? It appears the more recent app is an update. Why have I (and others) been charged twice for the same app? What should I do to obtain a refund? I think Holy Potatoes is incredibly polished for an IOS game and until now I have recommended it to friends who’ve asked me for recommendations.

I look forward to your reply

Thank you

Ann

14. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    #74 Repulsa, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    I really dont feel like we should have to purchase it again. Please let me know what the developers tell you!
    I mean we supported the developers by purchasing on release, we shouldn’t be getting screwed

15. Annii

Annii Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    I’ve already had a reply, I’m very impressed by that. They have apologised and said it should not have happened. They’ve asked to me check that I have been charged twice so I’ve sent them 2 screenshots, one showing my original purchase on 9th August and the other showing yesterday’s purchase as pending.

I’ll keep you posted

16. Elyeu

Elyeu New Member

Jan 18, 2018
    Short question. Support Holy Potatoes the new Iphone X resolution? :)

17. hedgey

hedgey Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I kept my eye on this game for a while after launch, but never was "sold" on this one.

So, how is the game now a days? I know it's got a new DLC, but did the game turn out to be worth it?

TheSilveryWolf likes this.