Universal Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! (by Daylight Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 3, 2017.

1. matscotty

matscotty Active Member

May 14, 2011
    Thank you, bought the iPad version for now - hope to play on my phone after the updates come through...

2. Wemac

Wemac Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Game Reviewer
    Careful so you don't hit the home button or answer a phone call or the app restarts from previous save. Lol.
    It's like 2013 all over again.

3. johnofsuburbia

Patreon Bronze

May 8, 2012
    I see that the universal update is now live--thank you. I'm still a little confused, though. The universal version will be letterboxed on iPad, correct? If I buy the HD version, it will be full-screen on the iPad, but I will be unable to play that version on my phone, right? Please let me know if I understand this correctly. I'd like to play on both devices, but I'm torn because I'd play primarily on the iPad and would prefer the non-letterboxed view.
    Thanks.

4. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    TY for update. Crash persists, at least on existing save games. May try cranking up on iPad later tho, given addition of universality.

5. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    replayability ?

6. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    My first run through (of the first hour) was a lot better balanced than the second. Knowing the mechanics and how to game them makes it very possible to rack up tons of €€€ before some timer mechanics are introduced. Not sure £50k is much to survive later levels with (and didn't get a chance to find out), but could earn that in <1hr vs the £1k surplus I had after the first. Things do then get more complicated tho!

7. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Cool thanks :) there are lots of ways of doing it, depending on the engine you've used (unity/unreal/pure c++ or whatever) but it shouldn't be too hard to do!

8. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Looks like it's universal now, plus the reset when minimizing the app has been addressed.

9. kdawg

kdawg Active Member

Oct 30, 2015
    more to it than that, i got 5 tickets

10. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    This game has oodles of charm and I'm enjoying it a lot. Before the update I had some crashing and had all but one of my saves corrupted...luckily it wasn't that far behind. But after is recent update I am getting a crash at the loader for the awards screen...and it's a shame because I think I have a couple contenders!

Glad to see the devs here, sure they will be on top of this but...I may have to put this ga,e on the back burner until the next update...(looking over at egglia now...)

11. Daylight-Studios

Aug 4, 2017
    Hey Solar, thank you for your kind words. We are sorry to hear your game is crashing and we've seen that other people are crashing at the golden hammer awards as well. We are testing it on our devices and looking for a fix to this as fast as possible. It seems that its working fine on some of our devices but we have yet to recreate the issue. Either way we will be working round the clock on getting this fixed so everyone can enjoy the game as intended.

12. DanTheAzn

DanTheAzn Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    So for me the crash seems to happen and my workers are making a weapon and then the prompt for me to go to the awards ceremony appears. Recently it crashed right after the awards when it took me back to the game and I hit forge right away.

13. Daylight-Studios

Aug 4, 2017
    Hey Dan,

A similar problem is occurring to a lot of people. We feel that it might be due to a memory issue so we are actively working on getting this fixed. An update should roll out in the next day or two to fix this issue. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

14. Bunion

Bunion Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    So is the iPad app and the iPhone app thesame from here on? I didn't want to accidentally buy the iPad version and realise the universal app is exactly the same and will be the only app that receives fixes and updates?

15. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    The iPhone app is letterboxed on iPad. Playable and decent resolution, but letterboxed.

16. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    A lot of content in this game I been playing for days yet I dont think I'm even close to finishing. So many things to do. hopng for iCloud soon so I can play between my phone and ipad

17. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Any news on this?

Tah in advance.

18. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I am trying to understand how to play this effectively..

So I have 3 smith's. I assign them to the correct color. I craft one at a time.. Sell them and then buy and repeat the entire process?
    What else can I do?

19. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    It sounds as if you're quite early on in stage 1. Keep on playing, and more unlocks.

Also, tbf, you can optimise better @ stage 1.
    If someone only wants one stat, load that table with as many workers as possible. Even if they're unskilled at that craft, it'll up that stat faster, and so yield a better price. Tbf, if you haven't yet had worker moods etc kick in, the best method is to stack resources, stack builds, then stack selling in blocks. It's tedious, but rakes in the cash before the other timers begin to kick in and more complex strategies are needed.

20. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Also, ^^^ this?