Universal Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! (by Daylight Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 3, 2017.

1. BaronMunchausen

BaronMunchausen Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2017
    Awesome devs, it appears! Thanks for the responses, guys. Can't wait for the update...

2. Beth

Beth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 29, 2014
    Professional do-nothing'er
    Eastern usa
    2.12 GB
    Really? The new Layton game is 1.12 GB , it also happens to be the largest game on my device by 500MB.
    Im confused ...why is he file size so large? Most of my RPGs are huge in content and are rarely over a GB.
    The file size is really holding me back, I would have to delete way too much stuff. So many games, so little room for them all!:)

3. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I've taken a second save to the second world.

I am, again, experiencing a persistent and unavoidable crash as soon as the annual weapon awards are announced.

I assume this will remain unavoidable without a fix - I've tried everything, from soft and hard resets, through to a replay to the same point.

6+, fwiw.

4. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Ah I see there's slightly more context given afterwards...

5. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    You could add a switch in your code that detects what device is in use and present the corresponding UI?

eg: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10167221/ios-detect-if-user-is-on-an-ipad

6. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    finally got time to play this and i am absolutely loving it. i'm on a iphone 7+ and it works perfect maybe some buttons are to small but other then that it's fine for me. it's like kairosoft simulation games such as game dev story. craft weapons for heroes like claud strife xD so many references to other games like lara croft and more. the graphics are really pretty and the music is amazing i do hope icloud is added and the multitasking works cause i have to restart every time i double click home button to do something else real quick.

7. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    I play on my ipad so I'm good with the current ipad version and not a letterbox version

8. matscotty

matscotty Active Member

May 14, 2011
    Does anyone have a screenshot of iPhone vs iPad, want to decide which version to buy. I have an iPhone SE & an iPad Air

9. Daylight-Studios

Aug 4, 2017
    The iPad version will stay exactly the same when the iPhone version becomes universal. You will just be able to download the iPhone version for free so that if you want to play it on your iPhone you can do that without issues!

10. Daylight-Studios

Aug 4, 2017
    The iPad version looks very similar to the PC version of the game, we did not tweak the UI much as the iPad's screen is big enough to allow the UI buttons to not need to be enlarged by much. As for the iPhone version, you can find some screenshots of it through the following link:

http://www.day-lightstudios.com/behind-the-spud/hpaws-goes-mobile/

11. Daylight-Studios

Aug 4, 2017
  12. Daylight-Studios

Aug 4, 2017
    Thank you for letting us know Quoad. Does an error message pop up when the game crashes or does it just quit out of your game? We are going to try test this on Monday on our phones to see if we can recreate the issue so we can fix it as soon as possible.

13. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    No error messages. Screen freeze, and the text in the Whatsapp (bottom right) becomes blurred / overlapped. On restarting, no characters are visible. (But the whatsapp text remains blurred / overlapped).

I think this has happened every time the weapon awards announcement envelope has appeared in world 2 - just after it's gone, iirc, the crash happens.

I would cheerily send a screenshot, but can't find where to.

14. Daylight-Studios

Aug 4, 2017
    You can send us a screenshot in the #support channel of our discord channel: www.discord.me/holypotatoes
    Or you could email it to us at [email protected]

15. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Whilst I have no idea what discord is, let alone its #support channel, I have emailed a screenshot to you.

Thumbs.

16. DanTheAzn

DanTheAzn Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Just thought I'd say I am also having the crash issue when you click on the alert to go to the awards ceremony.

17. Wemac

Wemac Well-Known Member

May 24, 2011
    Game Reviewer
    #37 Wemac, Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2017
    Bought the iphone version for ipad by mistake. What the hell is this? Non-universal app 2017? 5 bucks down the drain...

18. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    #38 Quoad, Aug 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2017
    I was going to start a 3rd save game on my iPad to obviate the crash.

Until I realised - yeah. Not happening, ay.

19. kdawg

kdawg Active Member

Oct 30, 2015
    someone tell me how to unlock the root beer tower? LOL

20. matscotty

matscotty Active Member

May 14, 2011
    You need 5 tickets to unlock,