Universal Holy Potatoes! A Spy Story?! (By Daylight Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Quoad, Mar 27, 2019.

1. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Assuming the devs anticipated the pricing working out this way, the bundle was a nice thank you to those of us who paid full price for the first two.

The system remembers what you paid for individual games you already have and subtracts it from the bundle price. You got it free because you probably bought the other two at full price, which together is less than the bundle price.

2. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Well, for me, I have the first two games and tried for a bundle discount for the third. The bundle is 7.99 and since I own the first two, that 7.99 is just for the third game, which is $3 more than just buying the third game by itself.

3. ioso

ioso Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2017
    Male
    Same for me

4. justelvis81

justelvis81 Active Member

Feb 25, 2016
    For me I had already owned we’re in space and when I looked at the bundle for all 3 games I only had to pay £1 for the lot which I thought was great so I snapped it up. Not sure how it was worked out but it was a nice surprise.

5. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    So can someone tell me if these are features or bugs? Nowhere am I able to delete games that I accidentally saved in game slots. I cannot figure out how to assign gadgets to individual characters (except for the hamster).

6. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I think gadgets are allocated on the mission screen, no?

PBSNellie likes this.
  7. homygod

homygod Member

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    So how’s the game?

A lot of answers here are just about the bundle...

8. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    This is what the PR says about the bundle: "A new bundle, Holy Potatoes! Another Bundle?!, is also available for players to purchase the three games at the discounted price of US$13.99. However, to celebrate the launch of HPSPY, a sale is going on and the bundle will be priced at US$7.99 until April 7th."

9. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I’m enjoying it. An hour or so in, and I’m already struggling to keep a grip on exactly who should be doing what and when, and the best use of my resources and time.

Which is a feeling I’d forgotten about from the last two games, but which this swiftly reminded me of.

No complex processes atm - everything is reasonably doable (if forget-to-doable), but there is always something different to be done. Missions aren’t gripping me like HPWIS yet, but tbf I’ve barely scratched the surface.

I like it. So far.

10. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Thank you for the gadget tip. I found it!
    Now if I can just delete the extra games I accidentally saved.

11. PBSNellie

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    OK, this game just kicked in to second gear. You need to keep training your team. Then they start getting better missions. And don't get too attached to a character that's just so-so. The recruiting area throws in some pretty powerful recruits, so retire your tired crew member for a new one, until you get more barracks space.

Quoad likes this.
  12. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    That is odd. How much did you pay for the first two? Were they in a bundle also? It’s possible there’s an issue applying bundle prices to another bundle.

I paid $7 for space and $5 for weapon shop individually, so I was definitely over the discount $7.99 but under the full $13.99. That suggests the math worked like I said.

That said, I certainly have other bundles listed in the App Store where I’ve only got the newest thing to complete and it costs more than the individual game. It’s usually when I got the other parts on a discount and I’ve always chalked it up to Apple being bad about making sure the price to complete was never more than the individual costs.

But even then it’s always a discount from the bundle itself. What’s striking with yours is that it’s acting like you got the first two for free.

13. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    So some of my agents start to be unhappy and it is hard to get them happier because the game does not say why they are unhappy.

The game suggest to send them on missions, this didn’t help.

Dev, can you add a bubble saying why the agent is unhappy ?

14. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    I’ve also got the other 2 games, and I checked bundle price for this new one and the stand alone price, and in both It is £4.99... so no offer or free game for me

Aurelien.L likes this.
  15. Aurelien.L

Aurelien.L Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2014
    Same here...T.T

16. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    People with problems getting the discounted bundle: Did you originally buy the first game on iPad? It launched as separate iPhone and iPad versions, then later the iPhone version was updated to be Universal and the iPad version was delisted. I'm guessing if you owned the iPad only version before then the store doesn't recognize that you own the first game to discount the bundle for you.

Which sucks, but if you reached out to the developer they seem pretty cool and would probably find a way to help you out via a promo code or something.

17. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    I purchased both on my iPhone

18. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Me too.

19. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #39 Gwarmaxx, Apr 2, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    can we talk about the game here, please???

who cares how much everyone has paid for it?!

edit> there's another thread for that, on "Drop Prices, etc, etc..."

20. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    This, and all other Holy Potatoes games are currently free.