Universal Hoggy 2 (By Raptisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 5, 2017.

1. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Can't wait for the update to hit, seems to address all the (minor) complaints I had! And agree to the level design opinions expressed here - so creative, it's quite astounding what is achieved here.

2. rastapopoulon

rastapopoulon Member

Jul 7, 2017
    update is over, All is post to Apple and when Apple process will be over, the update will be in App store ! So it's a question of hours ;)

3. rastapopoulon

rastapopoulon Member

Jul 7, 2017
    When you will be finish the main game, take a little view at my levels on Makermall ! At this moment, I have 310 shared levels. All of my levels is quality, exactly the same quality of main game. Each ny levels have a different concept ;)

search "rastapopoulon" on makermall and enjoy :D

4. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Almost finished the main game now. 29 and a half hours played and I still haven't looked at the Maker Mall levels yet!

I have one secret and 5 stars left to find, but I can't find any more '?' jars or blocked-off areas that I can't access. :( Any idea where I might be missing?

5. djtet1976

djtet1976 New Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Jar #124

Anyone pass jar 124 on ios device? I was able to get the star, but can't get all of the fruits. Here's a screenshot from my iphone. Thank You!!

Attached Files:

6. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I can't remember the exact solution, but here are a few hints:
    The spinning blade has to take out the explosives in the top right.

The walker has to take out the explosives in the bottom left. You have to turn him around before he teaches the bomb block on the left. I can't remember if you do that using the projectiles from the furry enemy, or the spinner (he won't die if he walks into the spinner, just turn around).

7. djtet1976

djtet1976 New Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Thank You Mr Bez!

Finally got it.
    Secret was to:
    use the spinner to turn the blob the other direction...

8. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Just published my first level in Maker Mall: Cave Runner by mr_bez.

Is there a guide that can be viewed for Maker Mall? I can't work out how to add nukes in boxes so they aren't triggered as soon as the level starts, for example, or how to link switches to doors.

9. doone128

doone128 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Out of curiosity, how many of you guys have purchased the 'ad free' version and how many are still accepting the ads?

10. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I actually played a lot before removing the ads (over 100 stars) but I recommend doing it early if you're enjoying the game.

On later levels you will die *a lot* and I don't think these levels could/should be played with ads after every death.

The game is huge (I clocked nearly 30 hours in the main game (and I still haven't found those last five levels!) and the community levels extend that even further, so the price seems very fair to me, especially as that's 30 hours of well-crafted levels, not 30 hours of F2P-style grind.

11. doone128

Jan 12, 2009
    Yeah, totally agree with you.
    Btw, the update has hit the AppStore.

12. doone128

Jan 12, 2009

I've just paid to get rid of the ads too. Already had so much fun with this and the level editor is just fabulous. Well worth the price of a posh sarnie. ##

13. neca

neca Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    You do die a lot, especially in the trophy level, I got well over 300 deaths in that level alone.

14. Raptisoft

Raptisoft Well-Known Member

Also, Hoggy 2 is now available on Android!

15. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    On the virtual buttons option: can you make the left arrow hit box bigger? If it was until the edge of the screen it would have been best.

Jar #90 also seems problematic to me in its scrolling when splitting the 2 critters.

I still can't believe Apple didn't feature Hoggy 2, that really makes me sad for premium/free-to-try games.

16. Zineman

Zineman Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2014
    Just gone to try after the update and I've lost all my progress (I'd collected about 30 keys). I hadn't purchased the IAP but had been able to continue previously??????

17. rastapopoulon

rastapopoulon Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Hello ! We are so sorry to heard that... Please write us at [email protected]

Please precise what device you ise, current version of IOS, and all other pertinent informations ;)

18. rastapopoulon

rastapopoulon Member

Jul 7, 2017

Hello ! You can edit arrow position in settings --> custumize controls --> custumize touchscreen
    buttons.

This process should resove this issue.

19. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Yes I tried this too however the hit box also seems to be the triangle and on the left side since it's narrow I tend to miss it from time to time when my finger is a little above. It would be better if it was larger and a rectangle around the triangle.

20. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    I'm stuck where you are too, any hints from someone who's found the last secret?

I tried for the 5.5 hour achievement, but finished almost an hour late. Spent 45 minutes on the Dad alien. Probably not gonna waste my time trying again, as I'll have unfinished achievements anyway with that no-deaths one :eek: