Universal Hitman: Sniper (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 3, 2014.

1. nwong

nwong Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Do you know how the sniper rifles work that have the tag option?
    I tagged several and then used the special ability of head shotting tagged enemies.
    But nothing really happends :confused:

2. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    The points are your biggest individual score. Only taken from successful missions, I think.

your individual mission score is broken down at the end of each mission, with points explained in-game as you score 'em.

That's it.

If you score, say, 2,012,500 in a single mission whilst on Silver 1, you will then be bumped up to gold 3.

You're dumped in with a stack of other people who have scored 2m, but have not scored 3m. Literally the only thing defining those at the "top" of your new leaderboard is their proximity to 2,999,999. The minute they score 3m in a mission, they're off elsewhere. theyre no longer leading anything. They have no peers.

Your position within any leaderboard is arbitrary - they're just score bands. It's like saying you're fifteenth out of thirty randomly selected people who also ran between 13.5 and 14 seconds in the 100m. It's not a position that tells you anything about anything beyond an arbitrary group, who will be utterly irrelevant as soon as you trivially improve.

In that sense, it's not meaningful, or a leaderboard! It's just a score band with arbitrary names attached.

3. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    All it does is head-shot the tagged enemies automatically. As far as I can tell, you can select three targets. This perk is awesome for picking off high value targets (or multiple ones if you have to kill a VIP escaping or something along those lines). This works well for picking off x-Ray targets. So if you select s target (keep the scope on them until the white square above them appears) and wait for them to disappear behind a wall, you can then do the auto-headshot and score an easy x-Ray kill. That helped me pass a few missions in chapter 2.

EDIT: it's worth mentioning this is a good perk for killing moving targets as well. One mission I had was to headshot a moving enemy. This perk made that a cinch.

4. eksaint

eksaint Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2015
    #104 eksaint, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    I'm having a hard time scoring 80,000 points with one bullet, any advice?

Thanks!

Edit: The first bullet! Now I got it!

5. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    I've been thinking the same thing. Something happened with the thread last night that I noticed, and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. The production values in this game are top-notch. I've been just listening to the theme song with my headphones (it's got a James Bond-ish vibe to it but is totally Hitman) and it reminds what it is to pay for a premium experience.

6. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Worth mentioning that auto headshot won't work if your tagged targets are behind something your bullets can't penetrate. (Concrete being the obvious one, if your gun doesn't have "penetrates concrete" as a perk).

7. eksaint

Jan 2, 2015
    #107 eksaint, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    I'm liking this game, it really doesn't bother me that it's one level and they take the same paths

8. Aarcon

Aarcon Member

Jan 24, 2015
    Any kill that uses scenery, rather than shooting the target directly.

9. Aarcon

Aarcon Member

Jan 24, 2015
    Any kill that uses scenery, rather than shooting the target directly.

10. eksaint

Jan 2, 2015
    Thanks, I really need to try for longer then five minutes before posting!

11. nwong

nwong Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2015
    That's why I wanted to know how it works because I was at the mission where you had to headshot 4 targets.
    But I ended up with a different approach...shoot the legs and then they walk like a zombie from the walking dead and poof easy moving headshot :cool:

12. nwong

nwong Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Kill the guard infront of the fan.
    Than wait for some enemies to go infront of a gas lamp.
    Quickly shoot the box next to the fan twice and you will have a disposed body.
    Now shift to the gas lamp and shoot it.

Mission completed

13. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    You can reverse that order. I found killing the VIP and the bodyguard that walk out to the balcony where the heat lamp is to be easier. Once you trigger the explosion, the VIP goes flying to the lower area in front of the fan. A guard will go over to the body, and then by shooting the control box next to the fan twice, will dispose of the body and the guard.

14. Firelight

Firelight New Member

Jun 7, 2015
    #114 Firelight, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    Chapter 4 - Mission 10 of 30

Get 2 body disposals during extraction: do wha?

Figured it out:

Shoot the fan box once ... lure the guards over. When top guard leans over shoot glass. Don't shoot the fan box again. Wait for target to get near elevator bridge. Shoot torch lamp base. Then shoot the fan box twice more and both bodies are disposed.

15. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    Do you have a link to this thread?

16. gabed-em

gabed-em Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2015
    This game is absolutely fantastic. But with how long it was in soft release for, they could have surely made another map or two

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm really enjoying it, yeah its the same map but the variety in some of the missions is great. Would be great if there was another map but theres a lot of detail in this single map and i'm sure a lot of hard work in getting the characters to do certain things on the map depending on what happens.

But played this a lot so far, loving it

18. spog

spog New Member

Jul 9, 2010
    In chapter 2 mission 7; what exactly is "Quick kill (x3) chain"? And how do i do it?

19. t0panka

t0panka Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Creative Director
    Slovakia
    Try to quickly kill 3 guards .)

20. nwong

nwong Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Tag 3 enemies and use the special ability that headshot tagged enemies automatically.
    Probably the best way if you are lazy ;)