Universal Hitman: Sniper (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Well. Tbf, it's easy enough to see the skeleton of an F2P here. But all the trimmings have been stripped aside. No energy timers. No timers of any sort, tbf. 2-3 cash purchases available, all guns, all entirely unnecessary (I suspect it'd be a lot less enjoyable, should someone buy the top end IAP straight away). Better guns, in all instances, realistically available through gameplay.

The map *is* a limitation - but scroll back through the last three pages. Two of us have failed to find a fifth laptop; one of those (I think) hadn't realised here was a third house. That's, like, the entire left third of the screen (not much action there, admittedly).

When you're fully zoomed in, you ain't seeing a lot of what there is.

That noted, enemies also consistently appear in the same places. You can, all too easily, develop a routine.

Challenges do progress. And do take you to slightly more interesting places. That your high scores (and utterly meaningless leaderboard) progresses is a clear sign of that. And it's not just down to the multiplier.

It... clearly is a game with a finite shelf life. IMO. I've got Some hours out of it and am only half way through ch2, but I haven't felt compelled to play it obsessively.

But, yeah. Don't undersell the single map. But don't rely on any expectation that it ain't a limitation, either.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Stuck on the mission where you need to explode the fuse box. I hit it once. The guy comes over. If I try and hit it again before he gets electrocuted nothing happens

Can't seem to get it to explode?

3. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Not the correct one, try looking down next to the bottom of the map :) little hint

4. wondroushippo

wondroushippo 👎🏻carter👎🏻
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 4, 2010
    Male
    Ex-TA, now I do PR
    San Antonio, TX
    #84 wondroushippo, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    Yeah, it's happening to me. I know Quoad said that he's on the 6+ with the latest iOS and it's not crashing, but I've got that too and it's crashing. Trying to reinstall right now. Thank you Facebook cloud saves. Unless you're causing it, in which case I'm not sure how I feel! These are happening like clockwork on chapter 2, mission 2, on both my iPad Mini 2 and iPhone 6 Plus. So hopefully this reinstall works...

And nope, it still crashes on that mission! Wonderful.

5. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Fuse box by the vans? On the LHS? Big un?

NOT the fuse box attached to the fan?

(Lights should flicker in the black windows it's attached to, after your first shot.)

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #86 Rip73, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    Okay I'm not sure which mission that is but I'll guess it's one where you have to kill a guard with an exploding fuse box so
    there are two fuse boxes.
    One at the bottom of the map.
    It's attached to the guard house and just to the left of the window that you see a laptop on the table inside.
    The other one is to the right of the vans and almost under the chair lift, almost not quite.
    The building protrudes above it just after the wall just to make it clearer.
    Go to the vans and follow footpath to right and its on the wall there just before the chair lift stairs thing track.
    The key to the fuse boxes is to hit them once to open the door and then when the guy runs over and stands in front of it looking at it, shoot it again inside the box.
    I find aiming over the guards left shoulder to be the easiest way to hit it while not hitting him.
    It's also key not to hit the guard as it won't explode kill him then, the bullet does (obviously I suppose).
    It just needs to be careful shot and I find it easiest that they are almost at a standstill when I can hit box over their left shoulder.
    Oh and I should be clearer on luring them.
    When you hit it first time, it needs to lure a guard after so try and hit the very bottom one, guard house one, when the guard is leaning against the wall by the doorway at the start of the mission.
    Same applies to other one by vans.
    At start, the guard is close enough that when you hit that one he will be alerted and come over to inspect it.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks !!

8. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Exactly where am at as well and constant crash...wish they would respond to my email but now I know it's not just me :)

Same phone and update as well

9. wondroushippo

wondroushippo 👎🏻carter👎🏻
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 4, 2010
    Male
    Ex-TA, now I do PR
    San Antonio, TX
    So, it seems like the solution for now is to sign out of Game Center from iOS Settings. Game works like a charm now. Suboptimal solution, but hey. And I've been in touch with the devs, so they are aware it's causing it for some people.

10. amusing Grace

amusing Grace Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Music, Muse, Magick
    Berlin, Germany
    I had crash issues with a few games due to a lot of Gamecenter friends in the past. This game crashes constantly too, usually the Gamecenter banner stays way to long onscreen, game gets unresponsive and crashes.
    May i ask how many GC friends you have?

11. nwong

nwong Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2015
    my local save and cloud sync are not in line.
    anyone know how to get them back in line?
    it's annoying having to select the correct save game to keep and the next time again and again etc...

12. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Beginning to find the leaderboards quite irritating :D

It's, like, "who's scored the closest to 1,999,999"? Utterly pointless - except, presumably, the top un. (And friends...)

13. nwong

nwong Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2015
    not useless because you will need to progress on those leaderboards to unlock new sniper rifles!

14. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Tbf, I need to (e.g.) score 2m points to unlock a rifle.

The "leaderboard" bit of it is beyond daft. Leading who, in what sense? As soon as I get a decent "lead," I'm suddenly at the bottom :D

15. nwong

nwong Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2015
    maybe you are confused and missed the fact that you also promote to a higher group and there you start at the bottom again?

also I think each group consist of 30 places or so?
    so if someone else advances at a much quicker rate you can drop some places.
    i can't confirm this because have been playing it like crazy...so i am still moving up at a quick pace :D

16. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Well, yes, which makes the concept of "leaderboard" meaningless. It's just "whose the closest to (eg) 1,999,999 points."

There's no attempt to match you with peers, no meaningful banding of the people on each board. Except by score. And as soon as you get a better score, then you're off to another leaderboard. In that context, your "rank" on a leaderboard signifies absolutely nothing. (Except, I guess, the very top one, where absolute ranking - up to, I presume, a finite top possible score - becomes more meaningful.)

17. Kirs

Kirs Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Connectivity Issues - $6
    Thats what this game is all about

18. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Assassin level reached. Final gun unlocked.
    Still thinking Narcissus is one of best in game though for achieving mission objectives but Furia and Volante are pretty sweet too.
    Griffin actually turned out to be a really good weapon too that is worth aiming for.
    Brutus looks good as well but dunno, them explosive rounds are a bit limiting when targeting through walls and ultimate objectives.
    Narcissus will generally get the job done the majority of the time.

19. Aarcon

Aarcon Member

Jan 24, 2015
    #99 Aarcon, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    Did you know?

I'm starting a thread to collect all the secrets and little quirks hidden in the mansion level. Some have been mentionned before, others are new. Feel free to add to the list, but use spoilers.

Did you know...

That you can shoot champagne bottles. I've found two. Are there more?
    That you can shoot rubber duckies. There's a bonus if you get all four.
    That you can use the fan to dispose of bodies.
    That guards leaning on glass balconies can be made to fall? Hello domino!
    That you're not the only hitman around? Keep your eye open for a laser sight 2-3 minutes in.
    That people get realllllly naughty when they pull down the blinds? Double target headshot with instinct.
    That you can shoot the pool table?
    That bodies that fall into a swimming pool are disposed of?
    That you can turn off the lights in the reading room?
    That you get a bonus for destroying all five laptops?

If you know of other secrets, let us know!

20. nwong

nwong Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2015
    It does match you with peers but not in a traditional way.
    If every leaderboard has 30 places it would mean you either need to progress fast to unlock all the guns or move on a lower pace and focus on racking up the points to progress and keep going up in order to unlock all the guns.
    I actually don't pay much attention to the leader boards to be honest because I really have no clue how the points are counted. So in that regard i must agree with you that it not signifies much.

Would be cool if they would add some form of multiplayer where you can challenge other players and see who can score the most points in 7 minutes!