Universal Hitman: Sniper (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 3, 2014.

1. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    One of the missions is asking me to dispose of two bodies with a fan.

Can do one like in the mission is Chapter 2, but can't seem to lure a second over at the same time.

2. Damn. I was 100% sure that I had no interest in a sniper game, but hearing that it's more of a puzzle game makes me want to play it. Is it really more of a puzzle game than about shooting people?

3. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Game locks up when the gamecenter logo comes down at the start, at the moment it is unplayable for me, so a waste of $$$

4. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Dont know if this will work but kill 1 guy in front of fan, see if someone else notices and runs over, then turn on fan?

5. falco

falco Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Canada
    Yes, you always go back to the same place... and why? Do you think the developper too lazy?

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    At start of mission, shoot the control box on right hand side (as looking at it) on the fan.
    Shoot it once only.
    That will lure the guy from the footpath back to the fan and it will lure a body guard out from the pool room.
    The guy from pool room will lean on glass with his hands to look down.
    When he does that, shoot the glass he is leaning on.
    Be sure and shoot the glass only, not him.
    He will fall down on to the guy below him giving you a double accident kill and a from above kill and a kill another with the body of one kill. Multitasking:).
    Then just shoot the control panel again.
    The fan will speed up and push the bodies over the edge, job done.

I noticed someone else said earlier that all the characters do the same thing each mission and technically that is correct but only if you do nothing or stay undetected to only kill main mission.
    All of the movement of all of the characters can be adapted and re shaped in way, you just have to vary it.
    Say by
    killing a target in front of a witness, if you don't kill the witness, that witness will go around telling all the bodyguards and you can pick off bodyguards on the way and each time the witness will move to the next.
    Same applies to targets, kill one in front of another and they'll squel on ya and
    completely change their movement patterns.

As I said earlier, the map requires interaction.
    If one does nothin, it stays the same.
    If you do a random
    series of hits or get detected or blow up a furnace in sight of a character
    , the outcome can be altered.
    It's not as simple as it appears.
    Introducing some randomness to it or off mission movement can lure bodyguards to different places.
    Car alarms are very useful.
    Leaving bodies out in the open to be discovered can change things as well
    Basically if you interact with the environment, the environment reacts back.

The best thing is to watch a mission all the way to the time running out, (be very sure that's what you want to do though as it might spoil some things for some) see the patterns, get an overall picture, it'll be the same because you do nothing but next time change something, kill
    someone in the open or leave a body to be discovered by a target and you'll see differences quite clearly.
    Witnesses are obviously pretty key to changing other character movements
    Shoot a champagne bottle. Or a car. Or a furnace. Or the ice sculpture. Or anything else really with witnesses
    and see what happens.
    And obviously don't kill the witnesses, seemely you don't have clearance for collateral damage.:)

Edit, it seemed more appropriate to put in spoiler tags for those that want to be surprised.
    It's relatively safe to look at the spoiler tagged stuff if you get stuck later as it doesn't give too much away and is pretty basic stuff, but just don't want to spoil it for others.
    Hence load of spoiler tags , sorry bout that.

7. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Have you seen the pool table interaction? lol

8. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Airplane mode?

9. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I've just killed 22 people in one round. Which I expected to fail.

I'm sure others have done far better, but I was quite pleased with that :D

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yep.:)
    ''Twas hilarious first time I found that one.
    A bit of a "hmmmm, I wonder" and then a big "whhaaaaat.....!"
    And still not the funniest I've found but just a nice little touch.
    And a handy easy little boost to score.

It's the little touches like that which entertain me so much in the game

11. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I also find the name of the rifle (Izanami) to be in poor taste unless it has some meaning other than its reverse that I havent heard of.

12. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Wiki: In Japanese mythology, Izanami-no-Mikoto, also given as 伊弉冉尊 or 伊邪那美命, meaning "she who invites" is a goddess of both creation and death, as well as the former wife of the god Izanagi-no-Mikoto. She is also referred to as Izanami-no-kami.

This seems to have some relevance.

13. hickseey

hickseey New Member

Jun 5, 2015
    5 laptops??

:confused:I must have played through chapter 2 mission 1 about 30 times. I can easily find 4 of the laptops.

1 in the lowest building, 1 in the right building with the lady sitting on the couch, 1 in the main building left side with a guy sitting down on a couch, and another in the main building in a room that starts with the lights off near the right side of the building. I've used the first gun with heat sensor and check everywhere. What am I missing?

WHERE is the 5th? Thanks!:confused:

14. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Just out of interest does anyone know Why this thread isn't appearing in the Hot new games section?

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yeah as quoad said above, it's a reference to Izanami-no-Mikoto, Japanese mythology Goddess sometimes referred to as just Izanami, not the reverse of the word.

Oh and I meant to say last time, did you do the pool ball thing and then move on?
    If you did, hang around for a bit.
    Do the pool table "thing" (8 ball corner pocket achievement or tag or whatever it's called now) right at beginning of a mission silently and undetected and before anyone takes a shot on the table, then wait a bit and see what happens. :)

16. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Far left building on balcony. More or less right in the middle of that third building on the left.

17. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Ch2, mission 13. Just got 1.8m points, 2m to get gold tier 3 & unlock a decent rifle.

Reckon that's doable :D

18. sbirksy666

sbirksy666 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2012
    Is anyone else's game crashing a ridiculous about of times?

19. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Zero crashes, several hours gameplay. 6+, latest iOS. Fwiw.

20. OutSpoken

OutSpoken Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    #80 OutSpoken, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    Still on the fence about getting this. No doubt it looks like an enjoyable game but a lot of the positive impressions I've seen so far keep mentioning the one map limitation as a real downer. Is it true that the map is also one dimensional, meaning that it doesn't even pan around the other sides?

Anyway I came across this review for anyone interested http://www.godisageek.com/reviews/hitman-sniper-review/

I reckon if the game was between £1.49-1.99 id take a chance on it but currently i just can't see what's changed in this update to warrant its current pricing?? Imo I see a game that was free to play for a looong while and then it finally releases to public with an arguably high price in appstore terms.