Universal Hitman: Sniper (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    More or less, yes.
    But, it's possible to complete missions without ever firing a shot at any character.
    Many of the environmental elements can be used to either lure characters, kill them, land on them, knock them off balconies, blow them up, electrocute them, hide the bodies and so on.
    Without ever firing a shot at an actual person.
    Even the satellite dish can be used in a particular way.
    The x ray equipped guns are Very useful to discover what can and can't be used.
    I'm very reluctant to give more details of how and what to use and some missions still require an actual shot to a characters head but not all of them and it's the discovery of those items and how to use them that is where the real enjoyment factor comes in.
    For some people anyway.

It is perfectly possible to power house away and head shot everybody but that's not what gives the highest scores.
    Accident kills, undetected, explosives kills, hiding bodies, etc award points better.

It's the puzzle and discovery elements that make it stand above any other sniper game on the App Store, not just a map and a few guns.

It does sniping very well.
    But not just sniping.
    I personally like (undetected kill method ahead, avoid if willing to put time in to discovering on your own, doesn't give all the detail though, just what can be done)
    electrocuting some guards, knocking them off balconies and my all time favourite, accidentally killing two of them with a fall and hiding the bodies using the air conditioning fan.
    I still use three rounds but none hit a character.
    I also like killing one with the satellite dish but timing on that is very difficult.

All these things do require exploration, test and discovery from players but they do offer a lot of satisfaction and fun upon successfully discovering and pulling em off.

Note: the order doesn't really matter but some elements do require more than one shot and obviously enough the movement of the characters around the map and what changed you've already made determine when certain elements can be used.

2. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Ok, that does sound great to me, cheers.

Well, here's to....blowing people heads off. Ok then, I'll be on my way to the AppStore #

3. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    Some questions:

Is there a way to get back to levels which I played before?

Or can I skip a level?

Any way to start a complete new game?

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Cloud save is done via Facebook (not my preferred method but I guess that's what I have a spam Facebook account for) so if you log out (if logged in) delete game from device and reinstall l, play mission one (tutorial really) then log back in.
    It offers using cloud save or local save.
    Local save is brand new so choose that, it will over ride cloud save and you'll be good to go with a fresh start.
    (Just tested this and it worked on one of my devices)

If you never logged in to Facebook at all, deleting app will delete local save and reinstalling (assuming you never logged in to face book at all) will start fresh.

Going back missions or skipping a level, I dunno yet to be honest but I haven't found a method or see one.
    I'd imagine missions randomly repeat later in the game once the 150 of them once.

5. hamstarz

hamstarz Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    I just started playing and I'm a bit confused - is there any sort of overarching plot line to this game? I say this because I thought every mission would be to kill someone different...except that I killed Markus Krug in mission 1, and now mission 4 is to kill him again. So is it just the same few situations playing out with different variations?

6. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    The bosses cycle. You play 3 different bosses in succession (for me so far 4-5 missions in), and only by completing all challenges for that mission will you proceed to the next mission. That's the key.....100% on a level is the only way to move on to the next. Otherwise you will play the same mission over until you figure out a strategy to pass the mission.

7. Leiryv

Leiryv New Member

Jan 9, 2013
    No gyro support, the main feature I am looking for in iOS sniper games..

8. Peter321

Peter321 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Male
    Totally awesome game. I like how the different riffles have different abilities and how you can use the environment to lure your targets or killed them indirectly.

I hope add more maps

9. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Fifth laptop, anyone? Got four of the chuckers, have equipped the first rifle (with Instinct, to highlight all interactive things), spent >15 mins looking, *still* can't find it!

10. jetveetlev

jetveetlev Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2013
    On the left, there is a dark house. There you will find the laptop.

11. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Got that. Got one on the right. Got two in the centre. About to take a five min gentlemans break at work, see if I can find the fifth then!

12. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Bleh. Scratch that. £5k to dodge a level it is, then!

Must say, impressed by the game's core mechanic, A BIT FRUSTRATED that it has literally one level. It's a decent enough level. But, well, enemies invariably in the same place, challenges that are a bit tinkery / "spot the thing"-y. Hmm! Room for big improvement.

13. Peter321

Peter321 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Male
    Its in the guard house at the base of the mountain.

14. sechssechssechs

Apr 26, 2014
    I have to use the fan to dispose of a body in chapter 2 mission 14/20... where is this thing? o_O

15. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Spoiler tags, people! Though I noticed that you can't click on them in the iPhone TA app anymore to reveal. Just one more thing no longer working in this app.

16. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    On one of the paths beneath the main house. Huge, man sized fan. Mini fuse box attached to its side. Shoot box to operate. If in doubt, use instinct (certainly comes with first rifle). Highlights all interactive areas in red.

17. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I'm enjoying it But the more I'm playing it the more I'm getting annoyed that it's only one level and as you say the enemies are always in the same place....

18. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Lit. "Oh, zoosh sights there, there and there to mark 5 secondaries (before they move & become irritating), take out this and this safe baddie, potter around and try to achieve goal."

In that order.

I do quite like the fact that levels are goal specific - I've just failed with a decent score, accompanied by a whole lot of legwork. It does mean I've got to work at getting the specific thing right. Which is nice. Though it can discourage the more sandboxy elements (do I really want to spend three mins boosting my score, if I can pass with a score of 25,000 and there's a chance I'll miss my goal?)

Having some weird failures too. Laptops, for example - the mission would suddenly end, without any warnings. It's like I've been spotted / the primary has run away, but without any warning. (Did he try to use a shot laptop?! Sth else?! Behaves like a bug :hmm: )

19. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Btw, can corpses in water be discovered? I've had a couple of occasions where I've thought they have been. Maybe that was blood splatters and broken glass, though :hmm:

20. sechssechssechs

Apr 26, 2014
    Thank you very much!