Universal Hitman: Sniper (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Oct 3, 2014.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Anyone gotten far enough to find out what the differences are between this one and the soft launch? Are we still at one map only?

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #22 Rip73, Jun 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015
    By the way, the last two weapons are not the best in the game. There's an early one when equipped with right "senses" is better than all. And it's pretty easily early earned in game.
    When equipped with two certain senses, it rocks.
    I won't give away which one it is as discovering it is part of the pleasure but it is an early weapon (not first on though obviously enough).

3. MasterEx

MasterEx Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    I dont if i should bring it up but i will the people who have gotten the game in softlaunch can get the game without paying for it there but if u do enjoy the game throw some iap their way for making a great game nonetheless so if people are on the fence for "going freemium soon" if u gotten in soft launch try it out and see for urself or buy the iap or the game in your own appstore account
    Kind of contradicting myself but just found out so sharing it here

4. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Bought.

Great fun, but I think this will be just the one map that with each enemy taken out merely adds them into the next mission as an "extra" takedown for higher scores.

5. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I'm loving so far. Game is very well done and a lot of fun.

6. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Was the soft launch iOS8+? I thought it would support iOS7 since it was soft launched so long ago... Well, one purchase less I suppose.

7. aeschylus72

aeschylus72 Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2012
    well this game is excellent, well done SE

8. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I may have missed it & sorry if I did, but what are the differences between this & soft launch version as far as gameplay? More locations to travel to? Different missions? Improvements?
    Thanks!
    :)

9. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    yeah, noone is answering that.. looks like it only has the 1 location/villa

10. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Just started chapter 2... Same damn level. That does not make me happy. Still a super fun game but for $5 they can't give us more than one level? Come on now...

11. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Oki!

By the way, the info mentions 150 missions. Do all of these mission take place at the same house? That's a lot of dead bodies in one house!

12. rshkhsee

rshkhsee Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Blashyrkh
    Has anyone tested this on an iPod 5? I will buy this the moment at least a couple of people confirm it doesnt lag TOO hard.. not holding my breath. This game looks way too good for my device :[

13. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    going to redownload this and give it a try

14. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015
    #34 guzzla, Jun 4, 2015
    Bummer about the possible single level. I was primed for the DL but I guess I may hold off until more impressions are in.

15. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I'm glad I was late to the party. Now that the BS is over......OMG OMG OMG!!! Been waiting forever for this. Haters hate, I'll be headshotting baddies all day!

16. FlavorDave

FlavorDave Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Male
    Chairman of the Bored
    Sector 7-G
    Hi. Casual gamer here. How the heck do you blow up a fuse box? I've only been able to shoot it twice, electrocute the guard, kill the subject and remain stuck on the level. All in all, a wicked, cool game!

17. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    There's two fuse boxes on the main building.
    The easiest one is at the bottom of the map, at the flat building to the left of the stair lift/elevaor.
    At the very start of a mission,
    scoot over and shoot the box once.
    This alerts one of the two guard who runs over to it.
    When he stops, shoot the box again. Aim over his left shoulder without hitting him.
    The box explodes and he flies away:).

There's another box around the middle of the map which lures a guard also.

Note a lot of the environmental stuff is interactive. Do not read on if you want to be surprised by what they are.

Okay here are some of them but not all. Champagne bottles, cars with car alarms, glass walls on balconies, the roof generator (tip green light, only hit it once), outside heaters, satellite dishes, ice sculptures, air conditioning fans, etc, etc.
    I couldn't it good conscience give them all away.

so interact with any environmental element (more or less) for some very interesting and amusing results.

Part of it with any of them is hit them once to lure enemies. Some elements require a second shot for the ultimate result but people will figure that out over time and
    it is really the key nuances that make the game so interesting.
    Environmental interaction is key to enjoying it fully.

@Guzzla, thanks.

18. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #38 Rip73, Jun 4, 2015
    I should point out its the little nuances and subtleties in the environmental interactions that make the game for me, not just the sniping.
    There's a lot of subtleties at play that a short time with doesn't give a full insight to.
    And that's okay too.
    I like it as a sniper game, it does it very well but in too short a way without more maps, but for me, it's all about the result of shooting a particular object, how it changes the pattern of movement and how it results in a character death or a failure of a mission.
    It's hard to exemplify without giving lots of them away and that would just ruin the pleasure of the discovery for a lot of people so I'll leave it with delve in to the environment and its objects, shoot and see what happens and how it changes things or what it results in.
    I think most will be pleasantly surprised.

19. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    #39 chris1a, Jun 4, 2015
    A bit like puzzler (for lack of a better word); If you shoot the targets in the right order, it shouldn't cause a ruckus in the house? If it's something like that (an AI that reacts to bodies etc) I'd definitely like that :)

20. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    #40 Xexist, Jun 4, 2015
    And to be fair here, I am not very far in. Maybe I will grow to appreciate the environment more, as you do :)

I will try shooting at things and see what happens :)