Universal Hitman GO (by SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Well I've always thought of the Hitman series as violent puzzle games rather than straight up stealth like Thief or SC. The layered mechanics as you put all the pieces (the right disguises, the best distractions, etc.) to put an "accident" in motion is something I find very appealing. Yes it's trial and error but I feel it works in the context of the gameplay

2. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'd probably much rather have a full hitman experience or at least a mini-version of 3D puzzles set in super atmospheric locales. In fact, this board game would have been SO much better had all of the locations been based on locales from Hitman levels. I know there is the one opera level represented, but I'd much rather see it raining outside a European hotel or something instead of the poolside stuff. But I'll probably end up trying it out because it looks well made and entertaining.

3. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    That's just it, it isn't a "pointless use of the license". If anything it is a nicely stripped back puzzle game that works perfectly on touchscreen and yet still manages to somehow portray a sense of what Hitman is.

Looks very unique, which is nice in this age of clones. And I'm enjoying the game play too. I'd love to see a more "traditional" Hitman game come to iOS but as there isn't one, nor any plans to release one as far as I'm aware, this will do for a bit of stealth lite action.

My opinion is it is worth the £2.99 if you like puzzle games.

4. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Stunning, anything but a corruption of the franchise. Visuals are beautiful, gameplay is fun & intriguing. I'm thoroughly enjoying myself :)

5. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    Absolutely brilliant game.

A real shame they used the Hitman IP for it, because everybody is so busy raging over it that they haven't noticed the well-presented! unique and content rich mobile puzzler in front of them.

6. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

I believe Eli mentioned that you unlock levels or chapters by stars earned, however the IAP for chapter unlocks is unsettling to me, especially for the price tag. Can anyone confirm that no IAP is needed if you earn stars to unlock all the chapter?

7. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I love it.

8. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    I've played Hitman games way back on PC and the console versions and enjoyed the heck out of them. I'm also a fan of board games like checkers and Morris.

I'm really liking this mobile version mash up. There's a certain elegance to carefully plotting every move to avoid being caught or go without killing and the challenges help you with that.

While a full fledged mobile version of Hitman would be very welcome, I don't feel this entry does a disservice to the franchise. In fact it boils it down to the very essence of what Hitman is all about.

9. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    Just bought this. Played to Lv. 1-6 so far. I think it's one of the best Puzzle/Strategy games we have seen in awhile. Brings a totally new style to the genre. This is a 5 star game easily. You get a ton of content for the price as well. Anyways I totally vouch for this game to anyone. Great Game Square Enix

10. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Yesterday: "OMG this game looks terrible! What did they do to this franchise?!?!"

Today(after a 5 star TA review): "OMFG!!! Best game everrrrr!!!!"

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Nah, everyone calling it the "Best game everrrrr!!!!" actually tried out the game and fell in love with it prior to any reviews. The reviews are just icing on the cake. The game's a ****ing blast and deserves every bit of recognition it's getting.

12. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Yeah, I was one of those people who complained about it, and after reading so many good comments on this thread and after watching the review on appspy, I decided to give it a try. Only stupid people never change their mind ^^ I think the reason why so many people complained was because it was not what they were expecting, which is understandable in a way.

13. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Don't knock it till you try it, peeps.

14. jForsythe

jForsythe Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2013
    I think they only used the Agent 47 because they knew the game itself wouldn't be enough for ppl to buy it.
    So add 47 and ppl will buy it just because.

15. #96 markymarkanddafunkybunch, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    Awesome graphics. Nothing new game wise. Just a puzzle basically. Robbery bob is just as fun IMO

16. lanights

lanights Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Hate the game, my personal op...movin' on...

17. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Robbery Bob? Seriously?

18. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Haha. I just think it's funny but the flood of positive reviews has piqued my interest. After I get done all my essays and exams for the final 4 weeks of the semester, I'm going to download the crap out of this! Ohhhh yaaaaa!

19. That's what I said.