Universal Hitman GO (by SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Mar 21, 2014.

1. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    This game is absolutely amazing. It overall is a very "elegant" and almost minimalistic game when it comes to design. Although I do not usually like these types of games, I was pleasantly surprised by this. It controls nicely, the gameplay takes a ton more strategy than it looks (it looks simple, but in reality it is very complex), and has a ton of replay value, since some of the objectives take more than one time to complete. So far, it has never once told me about the IAPs, or notified me in any way except for a popup to rate it. I give this an easy 9/10. One of the best strategy games out there, IMHO.

2. poohzombie

poohzombie Active Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I agree with everything said here. Well put!

3. mcarthon

mcarthon Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Trying hard to decide between this and Yomi...such a good strategy night. Already bought iootp 2014. Looks like I have to drop 20 bucks.

4. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Thank you, that sold me, I guess the developers really did embrace Hitman as a puzzle game.

5. Scarced

Scarced Member

Nov 25, 2012
    How do weapons work?

6. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

#66 Bronxsta, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    Last question: are disguises in the game? As a puzzle mechanic or anything like that?

7. FivepastTA

FivepastTA Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2012
    Hitman NO would be a more appropriate title.

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Have you even played it? If not your opinion doesn't really matter.

9. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Love it! All I can say is I'm glad I bought it and it fits the Hitman franchise perfectly. Don't forget it is a puzzle board game based on the same rules as Hitman that is stealth and assassinations except in board format. 10/10.

10. mcarthon

mcarthon Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    You can hide in bushes I'm guessing disguises will come as puzzles get more complex I hope. And no weapons yet just distractions. I'm just beat level 15 on the first section.

11. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

If there are disguises, I haven't seen any yet. I'm only on the second level of stages though. There are other elements that keep getting introduced into the puzzles like bushes to hide in, trap doors that you can enter and come out of in a different area of the map etc..
    So it's quite possible they could be in later stages. I guess only time will tell.

12. FivepastTA

Oct 18, 2012
    #72 FivepastTA, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    If I wanted to be as constipated and humourless as you I could say that since you've never played another Hitman game - meaning that you can't appreciate what a pointless corruption of a beloved franchise this is - then your opinion doesn't really matter either. But I don't, so I won't.

13. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I don't have an opinion on the game I'm checking here to see opinions of people that have played it. It sounds interesting simply as a strstegy game regardless of the licence it holds. I'm also sure I played countless games you haven't : )

14. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Anyway moving on sorry, any other opinions on the game?

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    What a bloody fantastic game. Mind you, this doesn't replace the full (real) Hitman experience, but then again...this is mobile. While it's technically possible to get a real Hitman game on mobile, mobile doesn't really need it. What we have instead is an amazing little puzzle game set in the Hitman "universe" that fits in with our "Got a second to play?" lifestyle...that most importantly does NOT disrespect the Hitman franchise, and is anything but a "pointless corruption".

Anyone on the fence should check out Pocket Gamer's Silver Award review...if our glowing impressions in this thread weren't enough, that is. >_>

16. FivepastTA

Oct 18, 2012
    Thus my suggestion that it's a pointless use of the licence.

17. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    What is the trick to level 2-1? The pressure plate, or whatever it is, on the left doesn't seem to do anything to lure the guy away from his position.

18. djiwai

djiwai Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    well, the game sure is beautiful, but in my memories, hitman was not really about blindly going back and forth ten times in an row just so that the enemies "pawns" are correctly configured on the board for the hitman to reach the end of the level or go and get those suitcases... there's a huge discrepancy between the world they created as it seems pretty realistic, and the real use they made of it (I hope I chose my words accordingly enough). as a matter of fact now I understand the name of the game, the "GO" stands for the chinese game with the same name. the "hitman feeling" I had it on the first levels, the rest is just a mess of going back and forth. as a gamer, I felt like a chicken at the E3, unable to truly enjoy what I saw. for me this is a waste of a franchise, even as a strategy game; too bad really because I love hitman and technically it was promising

19. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    I'd assume so. From the app description:

"You really have to think about each move and all the Hitman tools of the trade you would expect are included; disguises, distractions, sniper rifles and even 47s iconic Silverballers."

For one thing, having the Hitman name attached is one of the few things stopping people from immediately leaping to, "How dare this game cost more than $1?! Arjhgghlebarbarlghleglh!"

As they do. Frequently.

The only experience I've had with the actual Hitman series was one game I played a small bit of years ago (think it was Hitman 2), but I found the repetitive trial-and-error gameplay completely uninvolving (and woefully limited and charmless when compared to something like the Thief series). This, on the other hand, appears to have distilled that concept into a pseudo-realistic form strongly reminiscent of a cross between a boardgame and those complex mechanical toys of yesteryear, which makes it all the more appealing, even if the original source material isn't.

20. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

I gave this game shit when I first learned about it. Hitman Blood Money made me a fan of stealth games, so I hold the series in pretty high regards. But I've learned to trust the forum impressions and this game sounds fantastic from the posts here and the review. Sounds like they nicely captured the series' core gameplay in a sleek, turn based style. Will be getting this as soon as I have $$