Universal Hitman: Blood Money- Reprisal (By Feral Interactive)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by mastery51, Jul 28, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I wasn’t expecting that price, is it more like a console release rather than a mobile game then to have that kind of price?

2. agreen437

agreen437 Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2014
    It’s the same price as alien isolation 14.99 is not that expensive I think it’s reasonable

3. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @agreen437 I was genuinely asking if it’s been a console game before and that’s why it’s a high price as I’ve never played Hitman so I don’t know much about them.

But I just seen googling it was a console and pc game so the price makes more sense to me now.

agreen437 likes this.
  4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    This version is also coming out on Switch, where it will likely be more expensive (and play worse ;)).

naghihimutuc, ste86uk and agreen437 like this.
  5. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    Ok cool

ste86uk likes this.
  6. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Thanks for the info, definitely interested. I think I’ll wait to see how the touch screen controls are but if that’s good I’m gonna grab it then.

7. tinkie277

tinkie277 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Street Cleaner
    Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
    Get yourself a controller, it will make your experience far better. I have tried loads of different ones and I always come back to the X-Box One controller. The buttons are usually mapped to the games correctly as well.

You can also get a cradle to hold your phone and also you can use the controller with Mac/iPad too if you have them. I don't own any consoles, just get my fix on my Apple devices, you won't get the same experience without them.

ste86uk likes this.
  8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    FYI The new Backbone works with thinner phone cases (like Apple’s) and you can get it mapped to Xbox or PlayStation buttons. It fits around the phone better now, and it has a nice solid feel all around.

ste86uk likes this.
  9. tinkie277

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Street Cleaner
    Yeah, the thing I don't like about the backbone controllers is when you change iPhones and the controller no longer fits in the cradle. It does make it more switch-esq though, but as not ideal for switching between Apple TV, Mac, iPad and iPhone.

10. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    I just bought a new ps4 controller just for the iPad it works perfectly for me

11. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I keep a regular controller at home for Apple TV etc. I have an iPhone 15 Pro, and I did have to buy a new Backbone for USB C, but I don’t expect that to change again for a long, long while. The new version has easily replaceable adapters that should help to stay current with iPhone form factor changes.

12. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @tinkie277 I do want a controller, I’ve mainly been playing switch lately so I only have a pro which I believe doesn’t work on iOS for some reason?

I looked at backbone and turtle beach was it? But I’m not sure how well they will fit given I keep mine in a case with good drop protection and don’t want to be taking it on and off all the time.

Getting an Xbox controller and using a cradle sounds interesting though, where do you find cradles for that and do the cradles work with a case on?

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    The Switch Pro controller works with iOS. And you can find a clip in Amazon, and at least the ones I’ve tried work with phone cases (here’s one for Switch Pro controllers: https://a.co/d/9ucuqX2).

Clips work okay but they can feel a little heavy in your hand with any decent-sized phone. If you are looking for a Switch-like experience, I would invest on a Backbone and an Apple case (FWIW, I’ve used only Apple cases and never broken a phone, though I’ve dropped them many times). Nothing beats a hardware connection when it comes latency, and the Backbone is great to hold.

ste86uk likes this.
  14. agreen437

Jun 12, 2014
    I bought a PS4 controller about 2 weeks ago I love it never switching to anything else also excited for hitman this is the first time I’ll be playing so question is this a remake of the 2008 original on pc? It looks like gta

ste86uk and squarezero like this.
  15. naghihimutuc

naghihimutuc Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Brutal. But yeah.

squarezero likes this.
  16. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    @squarezero Thank you so much, I really don’t know anything about controller and didn’t even know the pro controller does work on it. I always see people mention Xbox and PlayStation but never Nintendo so don’t think it worked.

My case is pretty thin at the bottom I could reach out to backbone and ask if they know if it works with it but maybe they won’t know that. I’ve got the 15 pro max and couldn’t decide on a case this year before release so I’ve tried out Mous. So far so good, had one drop already sadly which somehow scratched my screen protector even though it was a small drop onto a rubber mat but Torras were nice and sent me a new one for free!

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    If I remember correctly, Switch Pro controller support is pretty recent, so I’m not surprised it wasn’t on your radar.

ste86uk likes this.
  18. tinkie277

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Street Cleaner

The JoyCon controllers work perfectly well, so I can’t imagine the Pro one being any different. However - I found the Xbox one a good all rounder. I have tested the Nimbus +, PS5, PS4, XBOX One and Switch - The cradles are about £5 off eBay, I don’t personally find them heavy, but I do have big strong hands, so they could be heavy to more delicate users. Worth a go for the price of a coffee, easy to lay, sit and stand with though, as the phone can be angled as appropriate.

ste86uk likes this.
  19. tinkie277

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Street Cleaner
    Also want to give a shout out to Feral. You know Tomb Raider has to be next right?! Or Batman, if you still have the licensing?