Universal Highway Runners (by Florian Bronnimann)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Phoebius, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Excalipur

Excalipur Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    The touch controls definitely make things easier. However, I personally have more fun when completion of the game is accessible and progress from that point is in high score chasing, at least in this genre. I don't think adjusting the difficulty with touch controls in mind would be a step in the right direction. It also should be noted that tilt controls are better for utilizing drifting than the touch controls, so there is some balance in place already.

I like the level of pixelation and I think authenticity is a fine line when you're also dealing with screen size issues. Matching Outrun exactly would still look different because it's relative to a small screen and would be too sharp.

2. WilliamG

WilliamG Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    Any update on #36 2.)? This is not a hardware issue. I can rotate the phone and it's still the left side that doesn't respond close to the edges whereas the right side is perfect. It seems like the game code isn't set to use the left edge correct for steering inputs no matter the orientation, with iPhone 7 Plus. I can't speak for other devices.

3. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

in my old 4S i have a scaling issue with the new update, the screen is a mess now.

4. Phoebius

Phoebius Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Biomedical Engineer
    France - Besançon
    Sorry, Florian will work on these issues as soon as he gets his mac back :/

5. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

This game is so good, really impressed!

6. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701

thanks Phoebius, your game is really wonderful and a must have for an old OutRun fan like me, i'll be waiting for a fix...

7. GQ Man

GQ Man Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2017
    #67 GQ Man, Feb 2, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    I agree have just picked this up been playing for around the last 1 hour only have an iPad Air 2 so cant comment on a smaller screen iPhone but LITERALLY my first impression was christ its pixelated but got into it and i personally think thats it Far to pixelated it needs dialing back somewhat or give us an option to do so at least as even retro games aren't that pixelated and the game would be/look alot better for it aesthetically let alone that it actually hinders the gameplay as i cant see into the distance because its all pixels not the actual picture of the game.

8. Toaddio

Toaddio New Member

Feb 14, 2017
    5 Stars

I can't actually rate the app here but it's definitely a 5 star game.

9. nuno2k

nuno2k Active Member

Apr 12, 2012
    portugal
    can i put my name in the player 1?
    can i paint my car in red?
    many tks