Universal Highway Runners (by Florian Bronnimann)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Phoebius, Dec 14, 2016.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Hi devs,

Thank you for taking time to come here and talk with us. I would kindly request that you add touch controls. I'll gladly purchase your game at that time. I simply do not like tilt controls and stay away from games that use them because I get dizzy having to move the phone around.

Thank you. Btw I love any game that pays homage to outrun. I played it in the arcade as a child. Pretty much every weekend. Lol.

Thanks Boardumb for the review. I'm definitely hitting this up if the devs can do the touch controls. Sounds like fun.

Billy

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i don't also love tilt control, but this time seems to work really fine, this is an excellent OutRun homage, could easily be its sequel back in those days... good job devs!

3. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    This game is very addictive. Although I hate tilt controls, I like this game a lot and the controls do work. I am playing on a ipad pro 12 inch, and therefore (as mentioned here before) the game is too much pixelated. Nevertheless I can't stop playing this game and I keep trying to get further.

If patched with touch controls and more adapted to ipad (less pixelated), this game should be as good as or maybe better han Horizon Chase.

So why 5 stars? Because I am totally addicted to this game ...

4. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Does this game have music like outrun did? I really feel that music would be very important for a game like this.

5. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    #25 Seiza616, Dec 17, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    I purchased the game and I love it! I have a few small suggestions for the developer that I feel could make this game perfect. Would you be able to increase the engine sound while your driving so that it's more pronounced? The sound is so low that at first I didn't even notice it.

A speedometer would also be nice so that you can get a sense of how fast you are going as well as an option to be able to adjust your rate of speed like in outrun.

Lastly, please include an option for you to be able to add your actual initials to the high score page as opposed to having to use the generic player A option.

Once again, the game is tremendous and it captures the spirit of Outrun very well!!

6. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    What sort of modes and levels are there? I love Final Freeway 2, but playing the same level over and over can get staid. That, but with a little more variety, would be perfect for me. Is this what I seek? (I'm cool with tilt controls, but I have taught myself to get used to them).

7. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I decided to go ahead and check this out. I am pleasantly surprised at how well the tilt controls work. I would still like a left-right arrow setup but what's here works really well. I like the added abilities that can be purchased. The first one is an easy mode with less traffic and a small coins boost (and replaces your air freshener on the mirror with a Yin Yang). I made it to lvl 3.2 but then it was pretty hard with a lot of cars (couldn't imagine what that's like without easy mode on). All in all, this is a great retro road runner. To answer the last post, there seems to only be the one mode which is the arcade racing from checkpoint to checkpoint but without timers, which makes this game more lenient than FF2 or Outrun itself. I do wish for leaderboard integration and to put my initials in, instead if player A. But for $2, this is a great addition to your phone or ipad (I have only played on phone).

8. tsamba

tsamba New Member

Jan 6, 2016
    I can't for the life of me get past 1-2... I'm trying to like these tilt controls, but I don't know. Love the look and sound of the game though.

9. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    I have been thins game quite a bit over the past few days and here is my updated request/feedback list for the developers:

1. Please add additional music options to the game moving forward. It doesn't have to be many, just two more perhaps?

2. Please add a speedometer as well as a way to adjust your speed if possible in terms of acceleration.

3. The engine sound needs to be more pronounced. I recognize you can lower the music volume; however, the engine/driving sound still needs to be louder like in Outrun.

4. Please add the option to enter your own initials to the high score list.

5. Please change the sound effect associated with crashing into other vehicles, it just sounds off when compared to when you flip your vehicle.

6. Please add different car colors as well as an option.

7. Please add touch controls as an option. I think the tilt controls work well as is; however, it would be nice to have another option.

Overall, I just adore the game and think it could surpass Outrun if you add some of these suggestions for improvement. Great job!!!

10. Phoebius

Phoebius Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Biomedical Engineer
    France - Besançon
    Hey everyone,

Thank you for your suggestions.

We've submitted to the Appstore an update adding touch controls to the game, it should be up in a few days. We've also corrected some bugs.

[​IMG]

Happy New Year!

11. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    amazing! happy new year!!!

12. JindoFox

JindoFox Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I'm so glad that touch controls are on the way. I like the look of this game, but not the tilt controls --especially since there doesn't seem to be an option to recalibrate them. The races I've attempted start out with me tilted to the right even though I'm holding my iPhone 6S perfectly level.

13. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    I really appreciate the new update as the new controls work really well. Is there any possibility of seeing a new update which incorporates a few new musical tracks? Perhaps you could make them available for purchase via the cash we accrue within the game...this would give us something to something additional to spend our money on!

Additionally, how about some different car color options as well as a speedometer so we can have some sense of how fast we are traveling. Lastly, I would love the ability to add my initials to the high score screen as well.

Overall the game is tremendous, I really appreciate all the work that the developers have put in this far!!

14. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Front page !!! French touch ! Cocorico !

Chapeau les mecs !

15. Excalipur

Excalipur Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    I second the initials thing. The touch controls are great; I'm hooked on this game!

16. WilliamG

WilliamG Well-Known Member

May 11, 2010
    Good game but hold off until the bugs are fixed.

1.) Quitting a track doesn't work for me. It just resumes.

2.) The left edge of the screen doesn't respond to touch inputs on my 7 Plus. Right edge is fine, though. Super annoying.

17. basis

basis New Member

Jan 24, 2015
    MFI Controls?

Does this game support MFI controllers?

18. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the touch controls loving this game even more now

19. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Yeah, the touch controls are spot-on. Thank you for he update!! ####
    DON't forget to leave a review everybody

20. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Touch controls??

Let's do this!!! Paid for and downloading now! Time to put my side chick in the passenger seat and start racing!!

Lol

Billy