Universal Highway Getaway: Chase TV (By Vivid Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Bumpygames

Bumpygames Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2016
    croatia
    Cool Game
    Lots of stuff to unlock
    Runns pretty good on all devices
    older and never ones.
    But lots of In-App purchase as well

2. Rafal_CM_VividGames

Nov 9, 2015
    CM @ Vivid Games
    Poland
    Thanks for your posts :)

I'll the team know about the issues with the controls. (And the other stuff you mentioned)

3. kickypants

kickypants Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    I've had tabs not register also and then I realize I was pressing too much towards the middle of the screen you really have to press on the edges

4. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    I think it might be cool element of the game if the boulders actually were solid looking and fell on the road and could take away one of your lives but other than that I was just removed from the game they look kind of silly

5. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    Please fix the glitch where a random car can hit a police car please car flies off the screen and back on the screen and hit you

6. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    Found a nasty bug. When I buy the shield perk which in this case takes me to eight hit capability a bug occurs when I pick up the ramming bar power up. Every car I hit while I have the ram bar power up takes away all my extra shield perks I just bought. It stops taking away hit points when it reaches my normal hit point capacity. So in short I can't use the ram bar power up if I purchased the shield perk. I'm using the van

7. decript

decript Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    BC, Canada
    #27 decript, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    Sucks that some are experiencing issues. I've had none so far. Runs fine on my iPhone 6. I use the tap to switch lanes, which is faster and more reliable. I play with both thumbs.

Really fun game. Reminds me a bit of redline rush. I love just bobbing and weaving through traffic, like a vehicular ballet of chaos. I also love the trail of destruction caused by ramming a money truck.

Like Billy, I always prefer a permanent currency doubler. I bought the 1$ IAP regardless as a donation. Might buy another.

Here are some tips/observations. I'm currently at lvl 14 using the van:

-This is the biggest thing I learned. You can safely demolish vehicles (never cops, and not heavies unless you're using the heavy cars). Just switch into their lanes when you've passed most of the vehicle. Like smashing the tail of your car into the nose of theirs. This doesn't deduct a life and you get bonus cash.

-The best way to earn cash is to invest in upgrading the money multiplier boost. If you don't have any in stock, watch an ad for a free one (should be a one time purchase). Then near miss and demolish (see above) every vehicle you can for bonus cash. With the multiplier, this can add up quickly.

-Turbo seems better than the ram. Both let you plow through traffic unharmed, except the turbo boosts your speed. Smash as much as you can

-I've never upgraded fuel and I've never run out thus far. The fuel trucks seem really generous. Also I've noticed that the truck will keep up for a bit if you're in another lane

-No idea what traction does. All the vehicles seem to go the same speed and switch lanes the same. What does this do?

8. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    #28 kickypants, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
    I follow my fuel truck into a roadblock and it never fail that he hits a police car and it smashes into me no way of avoiding. I think once a vehicle is hit it should not be able to cause loss of hit points.

9. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    The fuel truck is such a source of problems. Who's side is he on. If it's not hitting police roadblocks into me or speeding away from me when I'm almost on empty it's blocking the side lane at the roadblock when it's my only open lane and I'm hitting it. Maybe you should just ditch the fuel truck and just make the side lane for refueling like in Daytona rush. Lol. That fuel truck hates me. It says. " here's some gas now I kill you".

10. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    Hello. Can anyone here me??

11. Rafal_CM_VividGames

Nov 9, 2015
    CM @ Vivid Games
    Poland
    #31 Rafal_CM_VividGames, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    Absolutely. I pop in here once in a while to chat on Touch Arcade forums ;)

Yeah, apparently the truck driver has gone rogue for some of you. We've got this on our radar and should have this fixed soon. I've also read about the other bug you reported.

Decript, astute observations in the earlier part of your post! :cool:

TRACTION? This is how fast you can change lines on the road -- left/right. Notice how the Sport Coupe (the first car) is slow in doing this when compared to nicely upgraded cars. Hope this helps!

And on that permanent doubler -- you might have noticed but the money boost can be permanently upgraded. (However, it still needs to be activated before every run). I just took a screenshot on my personal device to demonstrate.

[​IMG]

12. Rafal_CM_VividGames

Nov 9, 2015
    CM @ Vivid Games
    Poland
  13. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #33 LordShad0wz, Mar 29, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    Thank you for the bug fixes.

I've had more time to play. I'm not sure what other feedback you may have gotten but I'd love for you to hear mine out.

I've made the 40 gem purchase to also get rid of the forced ads.

That's it. I won't spend more. I normally do not buy currency like that but I do like the game. I wanted to contribute something to the game so that's what I did. I wish you had permanent solutions for players like myself that are willing to spend the money for a better experience. If you could possibly add an IAP for a cash doubler and a free continue so I didn't have to sit through ads when I made a purchase not to see ads I would really enjoy the game more. I know you can upgrade the boost but it's absolutely not the same thing. It would take forever and you still have to watch an ad before every play to even use it. I want a real cash doubler! I would pay for both of these features.

Also for the continues after the first one we pay for you can leave the choice for an ad in case we wish to do so.

You should definitely do some cross promotion cars with Daytona Rush if that's possible!!!! That would be awesome!!! You can maybe have a special where we can pay for a car outright that's upgraded or maybe as a bundle?

Great job on the bug fixes! Keep up the great work.

Billy

14. Rafal_CM_VividGames

Nov 9, 2015
    CM @ Vivid Games
    Poland
    #34 Rafal_CM_VividGames, Mar 30, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    LordShad0wz, sure thing. Thanks for your contribution!

So about putting cars from one game to another -- the idea seems cool but this might be difficult because of DAYTONA license.

I've got some messages about the permanent money doubler before, so that's something that I'll put in the community requests list which I will later show to the dev team. I've also put your other suggestions on the list.

While I can't promise anything, I can tell you that all of the community suggestions are at least considered at meetings here at Vivid Games :)

15. Rafal_CM_VividGames

Nov 9, 2015
    CM @ Vivid Games
    Poland
    Hey guys. If you've played Highway Getaway, we're now collecting feedback in this survey -- http://bit.ly/FEEDBACK_SURVEY -- as new updates are in the works!

You can win a radio-controlled car there too ;)

We'll be super grateful for any feedback. Thx!

16. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #36 LordShad0wz, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    I emailed my feedback but I'll gladly fill out a survey if it will help me get more permanent purchases.

Lol

Edit- Survey completed.

Billy

17. Rafal_CM_VividGames

Nov 9, 2015
    CM @ Vivid Games
    Poland
    Haha

Arigato, Billy-san :cool:

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    See.

I said put in cars we can buy and I'll do that. I just bought the police car for $1.99

I'm saddened there is no cash doubler IAP. But it's a start.

I like the new mode.

Billy

19. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Well,

I'm just going to be honest. While I did buy the police car, and I absolutely recommend it because the accompanying new mode is fun, I had to rate the game 2 stars over all. They removed the ability to watch ads to continue. You must use gems. They didn't add a permanent cash doubler nor did they add a permanent continue IAP. When you run out of opt in ads the game is just not as much fun to play. They didn't reduce the price of boosts and even if they did they are just too cost prohibitive to use if you have cars you need to upgrade. Also I'm the type of consumer that doesn't purchase gems. It's a consumable item. They are also very expensive.

If they address the above concerns, which I've previously said in email, on their survey, and on this thread in previous pages, then I will gladly rerate the game. I love the core gameplay.

Billy

20. Rafal_CM_VividGames

Nov 9, 2015
    CM @ Vivid Games
    Poland
    This has been fixed now, this ability is brought back.

Thanks for honest feedback! We indeed have an update out for the game now ;)

THE POLICE GAME MODE – Become a fearless cop patrolling highways in a sports police car!
    NEW UNIQUE CAR – Turn on the siren and crash rogue drivers! The Police Cruiser lets you run on the lights and use special Police powers.
    BUG FIXING & PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS – bugs arrested, sentenced to prison!

[​IMG]