Universal Highrise Heroes - The Towering Word Game (by Noodlecake Studios Inc)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Dec 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbb76

pbb76 Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Not tried myself yet, but my GF is complaining that she started this on her iPhone and switching to her iPad had to start from the beginning... Any plans to add cloud saving?

Also, when is android out, next week?

2. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    if the game doesn't support iCloud and I want to switch between devices (as I'm doing all the time), I'm using CopyTrans tools which is probably the easiest way to do so. It's free and works like a charm.

3. urban083

urban083 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    About a third of the way through the game and I'm thoroughly addicted. Been stuck on a level for a while now. Game certainly started out easy but is getting much more difficult. I enjoy the story and the random banter between characters. There is no reason that you'd have to spend a penny either. ( unless you want to buy the premium to support the developer, which is very likely in this case) Looking for long words to spell takes up much of my time, as 7-letter words yield big explosions.

Highly recommend this game! Would have never found it most likely without the TA app.

4. pbb76

pbb76 Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Nah not gonna mess around with that (well, she wont - nor should she have to).

Are you the dev of it as you have mentioned it alot :)

5. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    #65 macplash, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
    I'm approximatelly in the middle of 3rd chapter and for the first time one of my characters ran out of the oxygen so I tried to use "revive" option (to watch the ad) and my game just crashed. I tried again with the same result. I turned my device off and on again, tried and crashed it as well. I made the backup, reinstalled the game and tried again with the same result. I thought it might be the iPad so I tried in on my iPhone but it didn't work, the game always crashed. There's iOS 8.1.2 on both devices, anyone else experienced the same crash after trying to use revive option? Is the developer awared of this issue and if so, is the fix on the way?

No, I'm not, LOL.. I'm just not a huge fan of iTunes and when I found how easy this program works, I was just hooked up. That's all. I mentioned it exactly twice, doesn't seem like a lot to me, I was just trying to help. Take it easy.

6. Andrey1610

Andrey1610 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    If you smart enough to create words "fallen", "tree", "games", "noodle" and "cake" in one round you will get something interesting

:D

7. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week Poll

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Highrise Heroes - The Towering Word Game was successfully nominated for inclusion in Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week poll with voting to occur over the next three days:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=250424

Developers may not vote for their own game or solicit votes. Only participants with a pre-existing and active Touch Arcade account will be counted.

8. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    yeah, this is probably my GOTW, but I'm still experiencing constant crashes when trying to revive with "watch ad" button and occasional crashes after finishing levels. It's happening on multiple devices (iPad mini with retina, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5S), all with iOS 8.1.2 which is in my opinion the reason causing these crashes. Since the developer didn't comment here yet even though he seems to be active in this thread I contacted Noodlecake support through their site with this issue. We'll see how and if it's gonna be resolved.

9. fallentreegames

fallentreegames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Mar 14, 2010
    Game Developers!
    UK
    We are now, and investigating your issue. Will follow up when we have some feedback.

10. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    thank you..
    I'd love to support you and buy the premium pack (I'm just waiting until the crashing issue is resolved), but how is the revive option solved then? Is there still an option to watch an ad to get additional time (or to spend diamonds instead) or this option becomes free (similar to e.g. Mad Bullets and its 1 revive option for premium). Because if it's somehow free, there's no reason for me to wait. In chapter 4 I'd like to use the revive option occasionally but I can't because of the crashing issue. It's getting difficult to progress further without it, so I'm looking for the solution, but (and I'm being completely honest) I don't want to buy premium pack if it doesn't solve anything for me atm. So, how it works with premium pack?

11. fallentreegames

Patreon Gold

Mar 14, 2010
    Game Developers!
    UK
    #71 fallentreegames, Dec 16, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
    Once the 'Upgrade' is purchased, 'lives' (ie retries) become infinite, so you won't have to watch any more ads to replenish them :)

Gems still allow 'revives' (ie like arcade 'continues').

I've passed on your bug report to our programmer. I haven't been able to replicate it myself, but he'll look into it.

12. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    so if I understand correctly, the only possible option to revive in premium version is with gems and the "free option" by watching the ad just disappears? seems like disadvantage to me, isn't it?
    [​IMG]

13. fallentreegames

Patreon Gold

Mar 14, 2010
    Game Developers!
    UK
    To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. I'll check with our programmer / gameplay designer and report back!

14. macplash

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Oh, ok, I appreciate it and sorry for inconvenience. There'll be no more questions from me, I promise;)

15. joemoulding

joemoulding Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Programmer
    Nottingham
    Yeah, I suppose it is. We removed the ad option in the premium version as it felt at odds with the "Removes all ads". On the other hand we didn't want to make the revive completely free as it would remove any penalty.

Instead the premium comes with 50 free gems, and there is no longer any need to spend gems on chapter unlocks. We figured this would be enough gems to comfortable use revive without being too many that it removes the challenge.

This was just our best guess though, we're open to tweaking this! Do you think the video ad option should remain?

16. joemoulding

joemoulding Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Programmer
    Nottingham
    We do cap the score after revives, but only to the maximum for 3 stars. We felt this prevented the high score table being gamed, but still allows stars to be earned and progression.

17. joemoulding

joemoulding Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Programmer
    Nottingham
    Hmmm this is strange. I justed tested on 8.1.2 on a iPhone6, iPhone 5, and ipad mini retina and it worked ok, so it might be crashing for a different reason.

Are you connected to wifi at the time? We'll test some different configurations, but let us know if there's any setting you have which might be different to ours (sorry to be vague!).

Thanks, Joe

18. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Sorry just to confirm but it sounds like later on you can only unlock chapters when you have enough gems to spend? I'm not too far but I'm curious when this appears. Chapter 2 seemed to unlock automatically when I got to it.

19. joemoulding

joemoulding Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Programmer
    Nottingham
    For chapters, you can either use gems, or get enough stars to progress (or purchase premium).

So it sounds like you did a great job of chapter 1 and it unlocked anyway from the stars you earned :)

20. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh thanks! I'm going to go ahead and buy premium. I feel like you guys are too generous that you guys deserve some sort of pay out (though I suspect chapter 5 will make me tear my hair out).

I do hope you add some additional stuff in the future!

I've just beat chapter 1 and no further but I hope we get secret levels underground! It only makes sense, since the level list scrolls down on the building :)