Hey, if anyone has a second

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Zenric, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Zenric

Zenric Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
  2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

3. Zenric

Zenric Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    you have to register for the site, then you can click the vote link. Once it has enough votes it will go before the prez!

4. brewstermax

Ohh. Ok. I might take the time, but these are all things that are 100% liberal. So I wont vote until January 20th, when this country can actually get something done.

5. Zenric

Zenric Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Well what they're doing is having rounds for voting for the issues, and this one needs more votes to meet the next round. So this, and any other issue you agree with, make sure you push it to the next round. There's no elimination in the sense that only a certain amount can get through, but in the sense that they want to see continued interest in a subject.

And this is a website set up by the Obama administration, so you don't have to wait. And you can always start more moderate or conservative ideas as well.

6. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    iPhone Developer
    Obama's site is change.GOV not change.org.

http://www.change.org/info/about

Change.org is a social entrepreneurship venture based in San Francisco, CA. The company was founded by Ben Rattray in the summer of 2005, and with the support of a friend from Stanford, Mark Dimas, and a founding team of Darren Haas, Rajiv Gupta, and Adam Cheyer, Change.org launched the first version of its site in 2007.

7. Zenric

Zenric Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    ah, well regardless I doubt that whether you vote for the issues now or January 20th will have any effect

8. brewstermax

I'll go vote. It makes little sense, but whatever. I'll do it, and I agree with most of the ideas I looked at. I'm extremely liberal, so this is a great site for me. I'll check out change.gov as well..

9. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Only a matter of time before someone brought in the politics...

10. brewstermax

Yea, but as long as its in the Lounge, I don't care. I would love to have an open debate right here. The members on here (for the most part) seem quite intelligent and should have solid opinions, with support for those opinions. Well, I did say most.

11. rootbeersoup

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    IMO, I think we should leave religion/politics out

Or maybe have a separate forum for it

I would love to see TA grow as a regular community and not just for iPhone gaames

12. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    I agree... i respect everyone's opinions here, but a fair amount can't vote yet (not a bad thing) but unless you've paid taxes ha you can't say anything! :p

Speaking of taxes, my purchase for Tiki Towers was $1.04 instead of $.99! whats the deal!

13. brewstermax

I don't know. Sales tax in KY is 6%, so every "$.99" app is actually $1.05.

I agree that a lot of the people shouldn't ever vote. If they do, hello President Nader! And no, TA doesn't need to turn into a general purpose forum, but I don't mind a dedicated thread to a nice political debate. Haven't had a decent one since Election Day.

14. rootbeersoup

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I think Ron Paul would get voted in before Nader lol

15. brewstermax

He'd be a better President than Nader, but Hillary Clinton is much better than any of them. I wish Obama and Hillary's places were switched, and she was the next President. The 90's were wonderful. So, anybody up for a nice debate. Either do it here, or PM. That is if I can find a Republican here....

16. rootbeersoup

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I'm pretty conservative in terms of the economy, but I have very liberal principles... I guess you can call me a conservative libertarian? lol

IMO the 90s were good, but I believe it set up for today's economic problems, especially the mortgage issues

17. brewstermax

#17 brewstermax, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
    A libertarian is a person who thinks that people should be able to do what they want. I'd call you a conservative Democrat. I need to find a neo-con to argue with. I have a friend who is one, but he's no fun to argue with anymore. He gave up, and has no valid points anymore.

The 90s may not have helped, but Pres. Bush and the Republicans causes all of this. 1 term was more than enough, but Kerry didn't have the experience. If Gore ran in 2004, well he would have won. We'd be energy independent, and have no trouble. No war. Ohh, and if you are a war mongrel, I'd like to have a nice conversation with you too.

Do no Conservatives frequent these boards??

18. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    i can't wait to get some solar panels set up ps

i think most people are ready for change, even the strongest conservative... hopefully people can become more moderate and meet over common sense instead of extremes

19. brewstermax

As long as its not everybody. And the friend I was referring to, loves George Bush. Thinks he's been a great president. Bit of a war mongrel though... I like to argue with people against equal rights and common sense. Are you a Republican? :D. I think that EDNG is one, but there is no serious conversation there. lol. I dunno, I can't think of an obvious one, based on their posts or location...

20. rootbeersoup

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    lol I would call myself a Republican LONG before I would ever claim to be a democrat... I'm the party system's worst fan

My principles and ideal are pretty much liberal, but I am also 19 years old, so that's not usually unheard of.