iPad Hey Hey! From The Warfare Incorporated Team

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Zandog, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    Hey guys,

Just dropping in to say hello and a big thanks for supporting our title with some of the things I've read here. Since the Apple platform release, we've seen a surge in users both ingame and in our forums. We're currently in beta testing the newest release of WI specifically focusing on multiplayer online, via our network. Next, we'll be working on completely revamping the graphics, sound effects, adding music and much more! I'll try and keep you guys well informed on our progress and thanks for supporting Apple's platform.

[​IMG]

2. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Wow! That sounds awesome! I think I'll not play Warfare Inc. for awhile so I can enjoy all the upcoming news!! :)

3. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Hey, unrelated to this, but I'm one of your beta testers, and when I get on multiplayer, nobody is ever on. The thread I was given to report bugs and arrange games no longer works. You can email me or PM me about this. My username on warfareincorporated.com is the same as it is on here, if that helps.

4. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    Wow it's a great news for 2009!

5. Fubit86

Fubit86 Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2008
    STUDENT
    Seattle, WA
    Sweet, I live in Washington too...I'm honored to live in the same state as the dev :)

6. Kuratsu

Kuratsu Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    College Student
    #6 Kuratsu, Jan 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
    I have Warfare Inc. and am quite impressed as to the implementation of the controls and how it works with the gameplay.
    I am very happy with this purchase and am quite looking forward to multiplayer implementation.

7. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    I've been looking forward to this update for quite a while! :)

I just hope with online multiplayer that you'll be able to easily find your friends and play a game with them (by username or something?).

I love Warfare Inc. and you have no idea how addicted my dad is. He is flipping obsessed with it. :rolleyes:

8. Blueseas25

Blueseas25 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I am glad to hear it will have network multiplayer, thought they were just going to go with WiFi and call it good.

Looking forward to the update.

9. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008

Multiplayer?! REALLY?! thankuthankuthankuthankuthankuthanku :eek::):D

10. ipressbuttons

ipressbuttons Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    I'm buying this tomorrow please don't raise the price now :(

11. Sambo110

Sambo110 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Australia
    I might wait for all these updates and see if it looks worth purchasing. It looks pretty good now though!

12. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008

There's nothing more satisfying than filling your screen with troops and sending them to crush OMNI's puny, red base.

13. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    I'm a beta tester for this app too

Yeah go ahead and get it now. There are already over 200 levels of challenges and fun to play with. More than enough to keep you enjoyed until the update is released.

14. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Are you on the Gchat list? If you are near your iPod/iPhone, could you get on MP, so that I can have something to do?

15. along123

along123 Well-Known Member

That's great news. I was hoping you guys would update the graphics, sound effects etc. The graphics looks kind of old to me. So, I hope with the revamping it's going to look current. I hope, you guys can do something like making us to choose an option to view the battle in a 'zoom mode'. I think, that's going to be a nice touch. Get it, touch? err..

Also, maybe new tanks, weapons, soldiers, ships and much much more!

I think, with this new updates in 2009. WI is totally going to be more awesome!

It'll add up more longevity for the old and new gamers.

Pls continue the good job!

:cool:

16. Slayer_megadeth

Slayer_megadeth Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Student
    India
    With revamped graphics and multiplayer the game will be a killer. and hey i had a couple of requests for you guys

1)A Skirmish Mode
    2)Bigger Maps

Otherwise i give the game 4/5. You guys really did a good job with it. Kudos!

17. spyker3292

spyker3292 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Question! Could you add in a custom match option? A setting to pick a map, mode, # teams, and battle to the death?

18. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    The multiplayer beta has moved onto a new build. Hence, why you haven't seen anyone on and the tester feedback thread is closed for the previous builds. Take a look at the beta testers forum though, it will be give you low down.

We're making sure the network side of things are solid first, but yes. We will be adding permanent user ids, friends list, and chat before release.

No plans to raise the price :)

We've taken a good look at what the iPhone/iTouch can do and we're confident we can match it's performance level. The port over was a good test of the game's capabilities on the touch screen devices. We're moving on to more advanced enhancements.

If you have not tried the game yet, please give it a go! We haven't seen anything on the Apple platform that matches it's depth to this point and we'd love to get more feedback from you guys as to what would make the game that much better. If your interest in seeing what's been suggested and what could potentially be added to the game, check the link below.

http://www.warfareincorporated.com/xyzzy/viewtopic.php?t=2465

Happy New Year!

[​IMG]

19. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Good, that's all I was worried about :)

And I'd have to agree this is the most in depth RTS for the iPhone yet to be released, great job!

Happy new year to you too!

20. along123

along123 Well-Known Member

"We're moving on to more advanced enhancements."

That sounds pretty delicious. :D