iPad Hey Gameloft.. dont forget us

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by UncleLimey, Mar 11, 2009.

1. UncleLimey

UncleLimey Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008
    So Gameloft have released 1 vs 100 and the Oregon trail in the US , but not in europe....

I guess they dont want our money then????????? :mad:

2. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Did they even have the original Oregon Trail in Europe? Doesn't seem like it would have been a big it.

3. UncleLimey

Oct 2, 2008

i would have bought it... so thats one sale lost... im sure im not the only one, and i doubt it costs them any more money to release it in our app store

4. Ph4ntom4

Ph4ntom4 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    If it's a good game i'll buy it. Why would it make any difference that it's part of US history?

5. UncleLimey

Oct 2, 2008
    if Gameloft dont release Lets Golf in europe.. i may just take a trip to their head office and chuck my iphone through the window ;)

6. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I was referring to the old version that we all played in school in the 80's. They had it in schools to help teach US history. I didn't think they'd even bother releasing it in other countries.

I could understand releasing this version, though. I think people in the US would definitely buy it more due to nostalgia.

7. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I didn't even think about this. I does sort of make sense. Although I don't think it would hurt to at lease release it in other places... Does it cost extra to release a game in different countries?

8. Ph4ntom4

Ph4ntom4 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Does it cost them more money to release in other countries? If not then theres no reason not to...

Unless the original Oregon Trail has some sort of copyright that doesn't let them sell outside the US.

9. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    This was way funnier before the explanation.

Tiger Woods Golf? wtf?

You don't even HAVE A TIGER WOODS!

10. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    +1
    i don't understand why some games are not available in Europe...

11. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Haha, yeah, I like the image of there being no literal "Oregon" in Europe. :)

12. NienorGT

NienorGT Active Member

Feb 19, 2009
    It's up in Canada...

13. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    #13 WellSpentYouth, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
    Wow! All this talk about my state! I guess I must be special :p Yah, Oregon is a cool place. We have sun right now!

14. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    #14 s0mah, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
    I'm sure anyone outside of the US cares about John L. O'Sullivan, or Jacksonian politics, about as much as I have ever cared for understanding the minutia of the Wars of the Roses. If Gameloft decides against a European release, I'm sure it's a matter of hedging bets. If this turns out to be the case, I dunno.

I bet though that it probably really sucks to be living in a region without a historical California gold rush, right about now.

*protip*

By that I mean that this game is great!

15. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Hey, I played the old version in the 2000's so I'm beginning to think the game itself will become a piece of American History. Do you guys remember the first time you tried to ford a river and you're caravan tipped and you lost everything, then your parents (you always named them after your family membesr) died of pnemonia and you only had one gun and had to tend for your brothers and sisters?

Good stuff...

16. Adaptive Logic

Feb 3, 2009
    Localization

The answer is localization. It takes a bit more time to localize a piece of software. I'm sure it'll appear in Europe at some point, but it needs to be localized first.

17. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    What the 2000's??!!! Didn't Oregon Trail come out in like...the 70's? I mean I played it in the 80's and early 90's but 2000's??? I really want this game...I love the graphics. Just like castle crashers and zombieville usa:D

18. blankj5

blankj5 Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Firmware 2.2.1 - WTF!

On another note, I wonder why they made it 2.2.1 only. I have a unlocked phone, only for the sole purpose of not wanting to break my TMobile contract and not wanting to pay the 30 data plan with ATT. Since it is unlocked, its a pain in the ass to reset everything each time I restore with a new firmware. I just don't understand why they did not leave it as a 2.2, like most other games in the appstore. I'm sure i'm not the only one, but they just lost a sale from me.

19. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    And not just Europe, they didn't release it on the Asian app store as well. At least, it's not available here in Indonesia. I know that the game uses an American state as the setting, but it still doesn't justify why a game should not be released outside of the US...

20. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    I live in Europe too and donĀ“t know the original game but I want to try that. Surely is localization the problem like Adaptive Logic says, so dont worry and play another games now