Hextile reviews and new promo codes!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by sledbox, Aug 1, 2009.

1. sledbox

sledbox Active Member

May 11, 2009
    the closest I've been able to get in 3 player mode is all but 2 tiles...the computer is tricky!

2. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
    Very tricky.

3. outphase

outphase Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Pretty fun. I posted a 5* review on iTunes.

4. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
    I can't win a 4 player match Argh!

5. Indiania

Indiania Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Thank you for giving me the chance to play this game. Just started playing it, so I will add more to this post later. Really good puzzle game so far. You can play against the computer or friends (up to 4 players). Challenging game but very fun!

6. sledbox

sledbox Active Member

May 11, 2009
    tips for 4 player mode

here's a quick tip for 4-player games. A good strategy I use is to play as the 4th player (you get to choose the final tile that way) and try and surround my opponents by sticking to the outermost tiles. Those 6 safe tiles I mentioned earlier are a big key to winning.

While it may not look very promising during the game, if you have a few tiles around the outside of the board, a single tile could set off a chain reaction of steal from your opponents and earn you lots of tiles. Here are some photos (i'm player 4, green).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope this helps you win those 4 player matches!

7. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    How difficult is the AI set to? Once I get the hang of a game I like to play on the toughest setting possible

8. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I agree with the online multiplayer idea, thats really the only thing it is missing. Overall a pretty good iphone game in the likes of othello, the colorblind option is always welcome. Vegan the AI is pretty difficult, especially once you get three comps against you. However if you manage to snatch up the edge pieces you have pretty much won.

9. sledbox

sledbox Active Member

May 11, 2009
    While we don't have difficulty settings for the AI at the moment, we do have 2, 3, and 4 player options that act similarly. Competing against 3 computer opponents always provides a solid challenge, especially if you elect to be player 1. Player 4 will get to choose the last tile of the game, so you need to have a good strategy to prevent them from stealing the victory at the end.

You will be able to select a difficulty setting in the next update. Hope this helps!

10. weisome

weisome Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Behind You!
    Just submitted a little review. Great game. It is indeed a very similar game to Othello. :)

11. Indiania

Indiania Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    #31 Indiania, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
    Thanks for the code! I'm really having fun playing this game. I think it's a great strategy game. Gets a lot more difficult as you add players. Although I'm not colorblind, I do think adding the colorblind mode was a great option. It really opens the game up to more people because I've seen a lot of requests for this option in iTunes reviews for other games. I really like the multiplayer being on one phone in case the other person doesn't have one, but I would also like online multiplayer as an option too. I think that would make this game perfect!

12. sledbox

sledbox Active Member

May 11, 2009
    Hextile Video

Hey everyone, we just wanted to let you know we uploaded a nice promo video to the SledBox YouTube page...check it out, and be sure to let us know what you think. We're always open to suggestions. Hope you're enjoying the game!

PS - we'll have some videos of different strategies going up soon. Check back often!

13. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    D'oh! Stinkin' old thread titles... they get me every time. I thought there were new codes available for Hextile. Got me all excited.... for nothin'!

14. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    is that all you care about:rolleyes:

15. DOG87

DOG87 Well-Known Member

Lurker warning!!!

16. sledbox

sledbox Active Member

May 11, 2009
    Sorry to disappoint, but if you still want something for FREE try out Party Cards Lite

17. Kevd

Kevd Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Relax!!! It's on my shortlist of things to buy soon. I saw the thread pop back up and thought I had a chance to save some cash.