Universal Hexonia (by Togglegear)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by spacebulldog, Jan 29, 2019.

1. spacebulldog

spacebulldog Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2015
    Male
    Videogame Producer
    Seoul, Korea
    Hooray!! You got Seobaek! Love your horsemen!

2. Scarletti

Scarletti Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2014
    Liking the game. Buddy and I have worn out Polytopia playing multiplayer so hoping you will get multiplayer going for Hexonia!

3. NyxTowa

NyxTowa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 13, 2018
    Female
    Norway
    This starting location is a bit cheesy~ xD

[​IMG]

4. NyxTowa

NyxTowa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 13, 2018
    Female
    Norway
    I just completed all achievements. I archer rushed the Master Ai

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. demonsoul

demonsoul Member

Nov 15, 2013
    this game is so fun! i thought it had a multiplayer and asked my best friend to play before i realized it didn't. i would get a bunch of my friends to play this if it had multiplayer. heck you should add multiplayer as an IAP, i'd get it for sure. it's like a turn based starcraft pretty exciting. i hope you guys add multiplayer. and let players take turns like in words with friends. im diggin this game so much i read all the reviews, now i gotta check out polytopia.

suggestions:
    campaign mode i'd love to play that, multiplayer, air units, submarines, stealth units, just check out starcraft and warcraft, and stuff other ppl havn't thought of...maybe some thing or unit that alters time i dunno

this game is great! thank you for making it

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  6. demonsoul

demonsoul Member

Nov 15, 2013

tried polytopia, the art is soo bad, and the tutorial is not that good... i realize i downloaded this before but it just is pretty unattractive. hard to play this after playing this newer game. and its on squares...i think hexagons work way better. but i gotta give credit, seems many of the concepts came from this game, its just heavily unpolished

7. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    This game has sooooo much potential. The graphics are waaay better than polytopia the zoom in and out feature is a big plus and also the handling and the user interface is really easy to use. What it lacks is multiplayer looking forward for that to be added. Congrats on the release devs.

8. spacebulldog

Aug 10, 2015
    Male
    Videogame Producer
    Seoul, Korea
    Hello Scarletti,

Yes, we know that multiplayer would be a good next feature and will make many people fun. I'm going to talk to the dev about when we can have it continuously.

Thanks and have a good day/night

9. spacebulldog

Aug 10, 2015
    Male
    Videogame Producer
    Seoul, Korea
    Yay! You landed on the cheese cake factory!!! Hope you had a great gameplay!

10. spacebulldog

Aug 10, 2015
    Male
    Videogame Producer
    Seoul, Korea
    M.A.S.T.E.R!!!! And 2 S's! Great work!!

11. spacebulldog

Aug 10, 2015
    Male
    Videogame Producer
    Seoul, Korea
    Hello demonsoul,

Exactly! I enjoyed words with friends by Zynga for a long time then before that I never believed that turn-base would work in multiplayer. Then yes, we will refer many other games for the multiplayer mode with my dev. I hope I can post some good new regarding it here soon.

And thanks for the great suggestion! .. wow, your suggestions are giving us a lot of thoughts. Please let me share this with my team. When anything you mentioned will be included in the build, I will let you know.

Thanks and have a great day/night

12. spacebulldog

Aug 10, 2015
    Male
    Videogame Producer
    Seoul, Korea
    Hello sakara214ever,

It's always great to hear good words in the community. Especially, you really got the point that we've focused. Thank you so much. When we have a confirmed plan for the multiplayer, definitely I post it at the forum.

Thanks and have a great day/night!

13. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Just started playing but immediately I have a suggestion.
    Is it possible to have seperate sliders for music and sound effects rather than just on/off switches.
    I always like to play games with the music at a lower sound level than the sound effects. I know I could just turn off the music but when the music is good (like it is in this game) I still like it in the background.

If adding sliders is too hard to code in I fully understand. ;)

14. demonsoul

demonsoul Member

Nov 15, 2013
    More suggestions:

You are probably right about the multiplayer...It's just there's a game called Hero Academy that is also a turn based strategy game that incorporated this very well and i would have about 4or5 games going with each of my friends and they could take turns whenever. It was an amazing game.

After playing for probably the past several days, I think further diversification of the classes is another thing that can be implemented without extremely difficult coding perhaps. There 5 or 6 races in Hero Academy and although its played on a much smaller board, if you check out the differences in the races, you could get some amazing ideas about race diversification.

Off the top of my head some abilities are:
    1. a ninja character that attacks very hard, with low defense and then has the ability to swap location with another character.
    2. a mind control character
    3. a ranged character that uses a sort of grappling hook to pull characters in.
    4. healers. humans had strong healing, whereas elves had a healer who had a dual ability to heal not as well but they had an ability to weaken, where as orcs had a chain healer, where as dwarves had a paladin healer that had strong defense but moderate healing, and the chinese race had a healer that removed debuffs
    5. a demonic character that can appear on the corpses of others
    6. there's actually way more, but you can learn a lot from this most simple turn based game that was played on a board about the same as a chess board.
    7. arbiters in starcraft could teleport groups of characters but high on the tech tree

sakara214ever likes this.
  15. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Really nice ideas! Hope the devs take these in mind. :)

16. spacebulldog

Aug 10, 2015
    Male
    Videogame Producer
    Seoul, Korea
    Hello stubbieoz,

That's a good suggestion. I will talk to the dev to see if we can have the system for the next update.

Thank you! And have a great day/night!

17. spacebulldog

Aug 10, 2015
    Male
    Videogame Producer
    Seoul, Korea
    Hello,

First of all, it's a grreat suggestion. I got pretty impressed at your suggestion as I found that most of the idea can be blended into the current system very well. Although our schedule is pretty packed with many other implementations, some of them can be implemented quickly and will work very well, as I see. I'll talk to my dev about your idea.

Thank you so much for all your interest and invaluable suggestions!

18. mrcavallo

mrcavallo New Member

Feb 12, 2019
    Male
    hello i have downloaded and even purchased a tribe as i am enjoying it - well done.
    my only issue is that i cannot seem to train any of the hero type units - such as the golem on Frelia - yet when i play against them they seem to build them all the time.
    how can i unlock / build this unit? doesnt seem fair the opponent can just churn them out.
    thank you.

19. spacebulldog

Aug 10, 2015
    Male
    Videogame Producer
    Seoul, Korea
    Hello mrcavallo,

So the golem is one of the hero units. It comes out when the level of the town becomes 5 from the town automatically. So it would be a good strategy to focus on the development and upgrade the towns as much as possible so that you can have more hero units like golem. I hope my reply is helpful to you.

Thanks and have a good day/night

Son of Anarchy and mrcavallo like this.
  20. mrcavallo

mrcavallo New Member

Feb 12, 2019
    Male
    hi spacebulldog,

thank you very much! that makes sense. i was just confused as the golem does not even show up locked, as the other units do (until you do the necessary research).

i have played so many games but not once reached city level 5!

now i have much more motivation to do so. can't wait to play another game and check it out.

thanks again. take care.