iPad Hexile - official release announcement / discount

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by fdgdevin, Jan 6, 2009.

1. fdgdevin

fdgdevin Member

Dec 30, 2008
    Developer, Fusion Development Group
    North Carolina, USA
    #1 fdgdevin, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2009
    Hexile was officially released on the app store recently, and after receiving some AMAZING feedback from this forum, I just wanted to thank you all.

We heard some useful and kind things on the previous thread:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=3054

Finally, I just wanted to let you all know that our team is hosting a price drop to 99 cents. The price change has been posted to iTunes and is live now, so if you're interested in buying, or curious about the game, we welcome you to check it out.

Link

Just wanted to let you all know first, since you've been so helpful in your thorough feedback and bug hunting. Your appreciation for the game is already fueling development for the first and second updates.

Kevin
    Dev/Support Contact
    Fusion Development Group

/// UPDATE ///
    The price drop has been extended through January. We had hoped for more downloads and visibility, and at the $0.99 price point, we think that will happen. For those that have played so far, we could use some more killer reviews on iTunes. Thanks again!

2. gonna purchase this sumbitch now ^_^

3. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I jut got it too. I've been eyeballing it.

4. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    #4 J.R. Jalapeno, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
    i bought it yesterday and im addicted. kinda short but the updates should help with that. well worth the money. graphics, sound, etc all very well done. it gets fun quickly. i think this is the first price drop im not pissed off about. i bought it for 1.99 and im ok with the drop. i want more people buying it so we get more updates!

the higher levels are nuts.

5. Broward

Broward Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Jax, Florida
    Wow, it looks really nice. You just got a purchase from me. :)

6. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I might get it, is it any good. The idea sounds sort boring. I'll see what you all say, though. I'd like to get it on sale, if you call can persuade me that its good.

7. J.R. Jalapeno

Oct 6, 2008
    its a buck. that's like 1/4 cup of a starbucks latte. $10 games need convincing. $1 games are like a scratch off lottery ticket. sometimes you win and sometimes you dont. your a gambling man, no?

8. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    #8 Carlos-Sz, Jan 6, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
    The problem is that if you start to buy all those $0.99 games you'll end up spending a lot of money at the end of a month.

Here's my review from the first topic:

First of all this game has a nice presentation: top-notch graphics, music and sound. I just wish to see less system message box (e.g. the one displayed when you lose a level) and more a seemly interface that matches the game theme.

This is a nice pick up and play puzzle game for two simple and welcome reasons: it has a simple gameplay (you eliminate numbers in descending/ascending order) and you can always continue from where you left, even if you lose.

Basically you can enjoy and try to beat the 620 levels without the stress to start from level/stage 1 again. That's an awesome approach when you need a game to kill some free time. Excellent!

The first stage is easy so you have a chance to understand the game. Nice.

But when you advance the game starts to get a bit complicated (in a good way) and time is more than precious. The result: you have to use some strategy based on your first look of the board level and don't waste any second.

When things get tough then you can start to use the power-ups to help you win the level. Later levels introduces more power-ups like the "Time Dilator" and the "BioTox" bomb.

Usually I feel that most of the games should add something to the gameplay but this time I really don't feel it. This game has a nice approach that makes you enjoy all levels without worrying about lose all your effort just because you didn't win a stage.

However this game needs some refinements like an in game tutorial (just a web one right now) and a way to play in both landscape orientations. Those are minor things that are not enough to hold anyone from trying it.

Finally, just a small request: statistics. It'd be nice to check how many levels were played, how many power-ups were used, winnings/losses (level) and so on.

5/5 for me that love puzzle games more than any other genre.

PS: sometimes I just wish I had more time to enjoy the game a bit more (maybe an easy mode in the future with more time?).

9. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Well, I usually am, but I've been adding my reciepts, and its a little shocking. Over $300, so I need to save as much as I can.

Thanks a lot. That convinced me to pull the trigger on this one.

10. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    this game is truly fantastic.
    i love music, sounds and you proved that even small games can have great graphics. now sorry, it's a hexile time! :D

11. J.R. Jalapeno

Oct 6, 2008
    im in the same boat! $300 bucks and counting!! :)

12. fdgdevin

fdgdevin Member

Dec 30, 2008
    North Carolina, USA
    Better demo video

I know it's a little off topic, but do you guys think it would be beneficial to get a better demo video of the Hexile gameplay (i.e. is it a fair representation of the game) ?

I've noticed some confusion about what the game really is, and obviously we are lacking somewhere in the explanation.

13. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    A video with a post production would be nice. You know. Edit the video adding some text explaining what's going on... I think Space Ninja did a video with such approach.

14. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    space ninja video made me almost buy the app. but i'm still not sure if it's worth it.

15. fdgdevin

fdgdevin Member

Dec 30, 2008
    North Carolina, USA
    Point noted. Thanks for the advice.

16. RickDiculous

RickDiculous Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Worth it

I was hesitant to buy this at $1.99, so I'm happy to see the price drop. Totally worth it.

Seems like such a simple idea, and yet I can't get passed level 32.

Graphics are nice, good attention to detail.

Only con I see is that the tutorial is online, instead of in game.

If you're on the fence like I was, give it a try. It's completely worth .99 cents.

17. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    I've been eyeing this game for awhile mostly for the interesting graphics that the screenshots showed and now that I know about the gameplay im alittle more interested. I looked around the AppStore and saw the update will feature sorts of things like:StoryMode,ArcadeMode,LeaderBoards, newlevelpacks and so on and I am wondering how long will it be till the update comes? Is it awhiles a way and I should just get the game right now at 99cents or is it around the corner and it'll be worth the wait?

Also if the update isn't as close as I think it is does pretty much everyone here agree that its worth dollar to buy it right now as it is with the one mode?(I think thats what I've been reading correct, 1 mode?)

18. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    you can buy it for .99cents and later have free updates or you can buy the correct version for 1.99.

common man. it's worth it :)

19. TheOZ

TheOZ Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    *sigh* Alright you convinced me....lol

20. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    That game is a blast! I love it! - my favorite game right now :)

Anyway, I bought this game only after seeing the developer's website here.

I was wondering... How possible would it be that you could add the little shooting sound from your site's buttons (when your cursor is over the home, revews, previews, etc.) into the game? I don't mean to sound disrespectful or anything, but I was a little disappointed with the pottery smashing sound the tiles make when you tap them.

I think the game would be a lot more enjoyable if you could have an option to switch the sounds from the current one to the shooting sound (is that the right word?) from your website.

Maybe this is a little strange, and I don't know if you'll even think this would be worthy update, but I really like the sound effects and I'd love it if they were used in the game. :D

Maybe I'm just strange because I really like them and they don't quite match the gameplay, but oh well. I understand if you decide not to add them to the game, and I don't think it hurts to ask. :)

Thanks