iPad Hexetera

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by hexetera, Nov 8, 2010.

1. hexetera

hexetera Active Member

#1 hexetera, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2010
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

iTunes Link http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/HEXETERA-Triangle-Puzzle-Game/id397113888?mt=8

Video Teaser www.hexetera.com

HEXETERA™ - TRIANGLES WILL FORM
    Triangle Puzzle Game for iPhone and iPod touch out now!

Move, explode, rotate, color, destroy and drop PRIMARIES pieces in a triangular grid to form single color Hexagon (HEXA) and Diagonal (DIA) formations.*Formations explode on creation, causing PRIMARIES above them to fall.
    Look out for SECONDARIES and Reward Buttons. SECONDARIES are falling pieces that help or hinder you. Earn Reward Buttons when you make formations and charge through the levels. DIA formations are fun and a challenge to make. They get the most points. Levels get faster and targets get harder.*

Features:
    • 2 Game modes, Jupiter and Infinity
    • Jupiter mode has 16 challenge levels that keep your fingers dancing
    • Infinity mode gives you endless play till your battery runs out
    • Random Play. Falling pieces, PRIMARIES or SECONDARIES, are completely random, each time you play
    • Colorful level graphics, pieces, explosions, transitions and animations
    • Intuitive movements for players of all ages
    • All-original sound tracks and sound effects
    • Play your iPod music option
    • In Jupiter mode, the quicker you reach level targets or make a formation, the higher your scores
    • In-game Leader boards included. (Global leader boards coming soon)
    • Post scores on Facebook
    • Post scores on Twitter
    • Share scores via email

Let the games begin!

2. hexetera

hexetera Active Member

PROMO CODE! - First in First served

6E6XHMMHPKTF

Please rate and review.
    Let others know if you've taken code. Promos coming on demand.

Jameel

3. Evilblackout2

Evilblackout2 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Computer Tech
    Los Angeles, California
    Entered the code it went through but the app didn't start downloading I'm interested in the game though :/

4. hexetera

hexetera Active Member

Please let me know if it downloaded ok. Promo code is new.

Jameel

5. hexetera

hexetera Active Member

Youtube Teaser Video

Quick Teaser for HEXETERA gameplay. Hope you all like it :)

Jameel

6. Looks kind of like a slightly different twist on Tetris/Columns-type gameplay. Could be interesting but being the jaded gamer that I am I'll await some impressions. :) (Haven't tried the above code but I guarantee someone snagged it. Codes posted publicly have a shelf life of around two-thirds of a second around here. :D)

7. kzwen

kzwen Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    <snort> I agree totally!
    This looks like a pretty interesting puzzler.

8. hexetera

hexetera Active Member

I have a couple of Promo codes. Would love to see what you have to say. Private message me if you interested

9. hexetera

hexetera Active Member

Private message if you want a promo code. Would like to get your impression on this.

Jameel

10. hexetera

hexetera Active Member

Promo codes

So far ...

Promo codes giveaway ≠ Rating or Review.

11. snoderlye

snoderlye Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Female
    WV
    Kind of like Trism meets Tetris. I love the colors!

12. Thanks to the dev for the code. I had a go at this. I went in under the impression that it was basically a hexagonal Tetris or Columns, and realistically that's more or less what it is -- kind of a mashup of the two played on a hexagonal board, but with a few extras thrown in.

Gameplay is pretty self-explanatory, and it uses swipe and tap gestures to play (left/right to move the piece, down to guide the piece down, tap to rotate) but the way they're implemented is actually very effective and intuitive, which made playing the game quite smooth, so kudos on the control scheme. Graphically it's quite polished; it's obvious a lot of time was spent burnishing the visuals and interstitial effects, and the effort wasn't wasted.

Most of the challenge comes from altering your approach from thinking lines to thinking hexagons, which is a little more challenging than you might think, especially when multicoloured pieces come into play.

I'll fully grant that it's a very well-produced game on all sides, from the visuals to the sound to the controls; I find absolutely nothing to complain about here. The gameplay itself however still feels very Tetris-like, albeit skewed 45°. A very good Tetris-style game, to be sure, and it does have a few variations in gameplay, but it isn't quite enough to get away from Pajintov's legacy. However I'm told that this is just version 1.0 and there's more to come, so it will be interesting to see where they ultimately take things.

13. hexetera

hexetera Active Member

thank you!

We are so pleased with your objective review. Its brought a lot of smiles across the entire team here. We are amazed how well and quickly you've seen where a lot of our work effort went. We hope we have your permission to use this review in our promotion efforts.

Jameel

14. Glad to help. Feel free to use whatever you see fit. :)

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Will leave a review on the App Store later today, but just wanted to say the game is really good. I enjoyed the twist on the age-old Tetris games with the hexagons. The colors and controls are pitch perfect and it's nice that there's a speed control. Overall, a well-polished game for those looking for something a little bit different and more challenging than Tetris.

16. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2010
    You know what it is...
    Washington D.C.
    Killer review, man.

17. hexetera

hexetera Active Member

Thank you!

Thank you awp69 for your review here and in the App Store! Really glad you enjoying it

Jameel

18. hexetera

hexetera Active Member

Promo Codes

Please note Promo Codes given to us can only be redeemed by the US Appstore. Australia, Germany, Canada and others missing out all the fun :(

I believe this is true for all games, correct?

Jameel

19. You are correct unfortunately; other countries can't even give out promo codes for use in their own country's App Store. Been almost two years now since Apple updated the App Store to allow them yet no support for other countries. Just the US. :p

20. hexetera

hexetera Active Member

Let's start trending

Although our first experience with the App Store, we feel the saturation in the iOS market.

Its almost as if 50 Promo codes are no longer enough to get the curtains raised for every decent app.

We should all maybe get together a day or two (covering all timezones) and trend #MorePromoCodes to get Apple's attention on Twitter.

Any seconds to that?