Universal Heroki (by PICOMY)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 5, 2015.

1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Reviews are interesting but we all have different tastes. Like you say candy crush a 5?? I read reviews but don't take them too seriously but they often have some good points in

I'm enjoying heroki. Got a ton of platformers on my phone and this ones an excellent game

2. Picomy

Picomy Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Thanks so much for the kind words guys :)

I fully respect Carters opinion, even though we think differently. I can certainly see why some will find the levels in Heroki too long for a typical mobile game, but that's not how we imagined the game. In Heroki, we wanted to push the mobile game experience by breaking the typical short playsessions people come to expect nowadays. We think there is so much more the mobile platform can be and luckily - Heroki clicks with a lot of people and with some it doesn't. And that's fine :)

Don't worry about us being discouraged! We got a ton of positive feedback that made it all worth to release a big premium game in todays very difficult market.

We're planning on a huge update in the near future by bringing MFi controller support, multiple save files and other tweaks and bugfixes. Probably localisation as well. We'll keep this thread posted :)

3. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I just purchased it, haven't had chance to play yet but all the feedback in the forums made me want it. As someone that's never played it the review still sounds harsh to me. But like with movies I rarely take a critics opinion as gospel as so many times I've seen movies rated poorly and I loved it and vice versa also. I generally go with what I think after looking into it and if I'm still undecided I look at the opinions and thoughts of other players in these threads.

4. malu

malu New Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Mfi pad controller please

MFI PAD CONTROLLER PLEASE!!!

The game is amazing tecnically, wonderful graphics and animations, but with some delusions in the gameplay like the feel of repeated actions that turn the game in sometimes annoying sessions.

That's mostly felt by a sometimes not perfect responce to the touch controls...!

It would be better managed by a MFI pad controller at least to reduce that frustrating feeling of loosing control for example in the jumps down when it's very difficult to orientate Heroki to the left or to the right without turning back to flight mode!

5. LethalX08

LethalX08 Active Member

Apr 16, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Seems to be on sale in the UK.

Attached Files:

6. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Man what would that be here 99c?

7. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    It's 1.99€ in Germany. :)

8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Last time I checked the exchange rate it would be higher so maybe $2? But I never really check the exchange rate anymore so that's a guess

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Yup confirmed its $2 in the US.

10. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    This one will be on my device for some time to come. I think it's brilliant. Bought it day one for whatever it cost and would buy it again for whatever it might cost. My only gripe is that there's not more of the game. I wish there were another 120 gems. I wish there was one... more... world. I wish you could play as other Levantians. New game + would've been out of this world. Alas, I take brilliance where i can get it.

$2 dollars is an insult to Picomy, but it is what it is.

Please please PLEASE give us some DLC love. PLEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSEEEE!

11. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    I just bought this game on sale and I feel a little bit guilty that I bought it this cheap. This game is AMAZING. Hope this game does well for you guys. It's a true gem

12. Champagne01

Champagne01 Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Wow, that's an aggressively priced sale. Not sure it's a good thing, really, but if it brings the devs the cash they need then so be it. Hope it doesn't devalue peoples' perception of the game. I know I play games more if I pay more for them. Sale games, I find, get bought then often filed away. Weird, but human.

Long live premium titles, and thanks to the devs for boldly going.

13. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    wow $7.99 to $2 bucks Ima buy it now lol ### I was skeptical on carter review but for 2$ Ima take the plunge

14. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    i think it'll be featured by app store, since the executive also get same price drop.. Wish both of the game sell well and gain more attention :)

15. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    Wow $2??? Everyone should now own this. NO excuses people

16. reikos

reikos Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2015
    it admin
    mexico
    i hope we see more good games like this, with innovative controls and nicely priced, made specifically to work in mobile devices. nice work sega. Now may be indies like me will have it harder... but guess well have to try with new concepts big companies can't risk it.

17. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    These graphics and gameplay are just flat out amazing wow I'm impressed all time great rite here ####

18. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    Paid full price for this and never regret I did that. :rolleyes:

19. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Had a bit of a spending spree in the sales yesterday and picked this up. So far, so good. Can't believe there's a level called Willy Splash though. In the UK, "willy" is commonly used to mean penis, especially for young children.

20. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    So what's up with all this sales
    Already own most of them
    Picked AG drive fir cheap

But what a price drop...