Universal Heroki (by PICOMY)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Prhaber

Prhaber Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Several hours spent with the game and I have to say it's absolutely amazing - a console-like experience (with a very Nintendo feel) that just oozes quality.

Thanks for the developers for such a great game and for the prompt update!

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Funny you should say that. I totally get an old school SEGA vibe from the game.

3. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Has anyone reached the final battle? Maybe I just suck but I'm finding it impossible. I must have attempted it over 30 times and I'm ready to give up now through frustration.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game though, until I got to this point.

4. Prmatz

Prmatz New Member

Jul 8, 2015
    Wind Power

After loving and finding all collectibles in world one, the wind power is proving increasingly frustrating. For one, it's not unusual for the game to confuse use of wind with simply using the screen to move around. Second, and maybe I'm just an idiot, but I've tried for 30 minutes to use the wind in the first level of the second world to open the very first gate. It simply spins, resets, and doesn't open the gate. I'm assuming it isn't spinning enough, but I'm doing exactly as the sign indicates. Any advice?

5. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Do you mean the spinning blue propellers? You will have to use the wind power 3 times in succession to activate them before they reset.

6. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    If someone commented on this already and I missed then apologies..... How come when you die and then restart at a checkpoint, all the items you found are gone? Like if I had fount the H,E, and R in HEROKI, even though I restart at the checkpoint, I have to go back and find them all.

Other than that, this is an unbelievable game. Definitely not a "pick up and play" for 5 min type of game and there are not enough good things I can say about how much I have been enjoying.

7. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    #27 tekchic, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2015
    Heroki deserves all the attention in the world. ADORE this game! :)

8. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    You can buy the safe from the shop and it will save all the collectibles you have found even if you die or quit the level before completion.

9. Picomy

Picomy Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    #29 Picomy, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2015
    Allow me clear a few struggles here :)

Power of Wind
    To activate the wind-switches: It's best you draw loops over the propeller. You can draw multiple loops before the meter runs out -- so you don't have to draw straight lines only :)

Collectibles
    Hmm that's interessting. All the collectibles should be saved by a checkpoint no matter if you got the safe or not - Good find! I'll pass this along the team as a bug. We'll fix this in the updated version. For now, it's best to buy the safe to bypass this bug. *EDIT* @Jpgold: I just tested this on my iPhone 6 and it seems to be working fine here. In what level did this occur and on what device are you playing?

Final Battle:
    Here are some tips as I don't want to spoil too much:
    - Make sure you are prepared with power-ups in your inventory, shield, pies etc. Do not use the boxes as an attack as Vapor will easily dodge those.
    - During his smok attack, make sure you use the power of wind quickly and dodge his attacks. Strike when he's vulnerable after his attack
    - Study his pattern carefully, you'll win.. for sure! ;)

10. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I've been doing all that. The problem is that
    he keeps killing me while I am attempting to catch, throw, eat the pie. It seems unfair that he can attack while struggling to get more health.

11. Picomy

Picomy Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    That's a good point. Perhaps we can tweak the difficulty a bit if more people are having the same problem.

Perhaps this might help you regarding Vapor's pattern:

Stage 1:
    1. Single Dash attack - Attack when he's vulnerable with the Bash or Dash attack.
    2. Smog + Dash - Quickly swipe away the gas, dodge his dash attack and attack his vulnerable state described above.
    3. Single charge Ball attack - Dodge this attack just before he fires his shot.
    Stage 2:
    1. 3x Dash attack - Attack when he laughs with the Bash or Dash attack.
    2. Smog + 3x Dash attack - Quickly swipe away the gas with the power of wind, dodge his multiple dash attacks and attack when he laughs
    3. Tripple charge ball attack - Dodge this salvo just before he fires his shots and keep dodging.

The reason why we made the endbattle quite challenging is because we wanted to make it real rewarding once you've defeated him. Again, I'm pretty confident you will!

12. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I can get past stage 1 without too much trouble but stage 2 is where I have a problem. there's just too much going on while attempting to eat the pie, and something kills me every time.

I'll have another attempt tonight to see if I can do it. :)

13. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Didn't realize that.... Thanks

14. ZeeMonkeyMan

ZeeMonkeyMan Member

Jun 4, 2015
    I urge anyone that is loving this game to go to the AppStore and rate it accordingly. There is too many of "those" people giving it a 1 star score just because it won't start on their device. Currently it is sitting there with a score of 2 and half stars which is just a gross injustice. Cmon people go and give it what it deserves!!

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #35 metalcasket, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    I wouldn't worry about that for too long. It's already at 3 and a half stars for all versions and 4 stars for this current one. :) The thing I don't get is...are there seriously that many people with iPad minis in the States that were trying to play Heroki? o_O You're right though, I absolutely despise those 1 star reviews.

16. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

[​IMG]

[thread=265364][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265482][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265365][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265375][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265655][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265496][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265536][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265356][​IMG][/thread] [thread=265363][​IMG][/thread]

Heroki

[​IMG]

is one of the nominees for

Touch Arcade Forums' Game Of The Week

July 2nd, 2015

VOTE HERE

***PLEASE NOTE***

1) Developers, publishing partners, or affiliates cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote for it. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
    2) This voting is for TA members with some activity. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.
    3) Suspect votes may be void.

Credit to AndyC83 for GotW logo

17. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    I'm loving this game so far. But every time I open it I begin from the tutorial. I even completed the tutorial, got into the first quest and went to the main menu and enabled iCloud saving.

Any suggestions?

18. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    Beat the first quest and you will be golden.

19. Unfrozen

Unfrozen Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 11, 2011
    Canada
    Thanks.

20. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    #40 geno11233, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    This is a great game that is insanely polished. Damn.
    Can anyone confirm if you play as the green guy? I swear in a trailer it looked so.