Universal Heroes Paradox (by Duksu Han) - WinterBleu -

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by WinterBleu, Dec 12, 2015.

1. WinterBleu

WinterBleu Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2015
    MobileGameDeveloper
    Korea
    #161 WinterBleu, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    Congratulations!. It's great you guys beats Anubis even it's tough final boss.

NullZone / There is epic item of life drain: Torch of Salamander (life drain +8%) And, I'll consider 1~2 seconds longer for poison cloud's timing.
    bhoylhogro / It's same opinion as my colleague about Arena drops. I'll consider it how to make it up. NullZone's idea seems one good idea. thanks!

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Kind of lost here just go from camp to camp looking for battles or is there a certain order?

3. WinterBleu

Dec 8, 2015
    MobileGameDeveloper
    Korea
    Yes, It has certain order of Main stage 1 to 36. And, there are extra stages are not ordered.

4. bhoylhogro

bhoylhogro Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2014
    Looks like a good healing source is a must against Anubis, huh? I just went for my first playthrough's party to see how far I can go with minimum grinding (too lazy). My main healer was the Dark Mage with his third ability, but it just slightly lengthened my Knight and Spartan's stay. Dark Knight was a beast, though. I guess my second party (archer, fire, ice, charm) will wipe the floor if I don't grind as much.:eek:

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #165 Nullzone, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    Looks like it, I don't see how you can survive the massive damage he deals - especially with the flying eyes - without the Cleric.
    Just tried with my heroes all equipped with Lifesteal -> no dice, was dead right after the first poison cloud.

The Dark Knight & Dark Mage are great because they have innate Lifesteal, saves you some headaches with healing. I always equip them with Champions Medals for more Att.Speed. Gave me better results than giving them Lifesteal items.

Thanks, Winterbleu! Sure was a piece of work ;)
    And thanks for the info on the Torch. Now I just need it to drop...

6. bhoylhogro

Nov 26, 2014
    After beating the final boss challenge mode with my first party, I switched to my second game party's attempt. Holy crap... they couldn't even survive the first normal extra level!!! I then tried the pure lifesteal route and they still got slaughtered. I think one main reason is that special attacks can't lifesteal that made trading blows useless.

I'll try grinding more to see how they'll hold up. If it still doesn't work, I'll be forced to switch one member for a healer.

7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @bhoy:
    Which heroes are your second party? What levels? Lifesteal works, as my playthroughs showed, but needs *a lot* more grinding early on.
    I can always give it a shot myself, see how it works out.

And what is the "first extra level", the pub where you get the Dark Knight & Mage?
    --> if yes, that one is a lot tougher than it looks.

8. bhoylhogro

Nov 26, 2014
    Sorry for not being clear. I meant the update levels leading to Anubis (31 onwards). This second party has Archer, Fire, Ice, and Mysterious. The levels prior to update were difficult, but I have beaten them without life steal.

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    What level are your folks? Mine are pretty high with Archer 68, Ice 64, Fire 70, Dark Mage 57. While it's close (Icemage died twice), they can do Stage 35 Challenge (last before Anubis himself) just fine.
    Mysterious I think is the weakest Mage, maybe replace him with Dark?
    I tried once with my weakest Mages (including Mystery and the new Flowerwitch) and got slaughtered by the second enemy group on Stage 32 Normal.

Other than that, could be a skill issue as well. How did you distribute the skillpoints? If you go some pages back in the thread, I posted my setup for Lifesteal mages.

10. bhoylhogro

Nov 26, 2014
    The party currently has Archer 53, Ice 52, Fire 55, and Mysterious 56. I've read your Mage setup even before I started to play, so I prioritized the skill distribution you mentioned. With my level I think it's still too early to tell whether it's a grinding, party choice, or relic issue.

I'll probably level grind first before exploring the other options.

11. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    I'm pretty sure it's level, seeing how my lower level party got butchered. For high-level heroes, weapon/armour doesn't make that much difference anymore.

12. sindyan

sindyan Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Any plans on a sequel or maybe paid DLC? I am loving this game!!! I

13. WinterBleu

Dec 8, 2015
    MobileGameDeveloper
    Korea
    Thanks! I'm very pleasure you love my game. I can't promise the sequel or DLC. I'd like to give it a try when i get a chance!

14. sindyan

sindyan Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Did this game do well enough for you to maybe make a sequel? I haven't seen any more updates on this.

15. WinterBleu

Dec 8, 2015
    MobileGameDeveloper
    Korea
    Hello sindyan, sorry for late replay. thanks for your interesting. we're not working on heroes paradox except bug fixing. we may make a plan more for heroes paradox series next year. we are on refreshing moment. :)

16. Sinwaikiu

Sinwaikiu Well-Known Member

May 11, 2016
    I think the publisher name is a Korean one.

17. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @Winterbleu: Good to see you folks are still alive and kicking ;)
    Next year maybe? Ah well, I'll just have to be patient then...
    I am still firing up Paradox occasionally for a short romp through the stages. And since my kid saw me playing, he likes it too. Even tries to play on his own, no matter that it's a bit too complicated for a 4.5 year old :)

@Modjular:
    For the record, Paradox is not a Battleheart clone, but a game in the same genre. While it - naturally - uses a lot of the same mechanics Battleheart has, it does improve nicely on it. E.g. when I replayed Battleheart again recently, I really missed the character portraits for selecting Heroes; that one was an excellent addition.

18. WinterBleu

Dec 8, 2015
    MobileGameDeveloper
    Korea
    Hey, Nullzone. 4.5 year old, It's so cute hands to play game :) We haven't had plan for Heroes Paradox's sequel yet, however we are learning many things about gamings from beginning to advanced. I hope we get more solid idea and to be learned what's making gamers happy. I think it's gonna our asset for next games.

19. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Will you guys update this game anytime soon to add any new features???

20. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Would surprise me, they already added new content at least twice, and did a pretty good job with it.
    Wait and see if they'll do a part 2, fingers crossed.