Universal Heroes of Steel (by Trese Brothers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by undeadcow, Dec 19, 2013.

1. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@NaughtHere - thanks for the suggestion. We have plans on how to address this, to promote the type of gameplay that is best for the overall game, and to keep the game balanced and fun. We are working through the Quest Log feature right now, but will be getting back to faster move options soon!

2. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

I don't meant to be beggy, but could users who are visiting this thread go back to the first page and give Heroes of Steel a star rating? Whatever you think is appropriate for the game!

Heroes has shown up on Touch Arcade's list of "Hot Games" and the ratings seem to make a difference.

The Trese Brothers are 2 Brothers trying to make the best RPGs for your phone, tablet, and PC. We appreciate any support you can give us!

3. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

4. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Didn't even realize you could do this (at least so easily) - duh!! Done. Thanks for this awesome RPG.

To make this a somewhat substantive response- a question (and pardon my ignorance). If I add Vincent and/or the upcoming rogue character do I need to start a new group and thus go back to Prologue? If not, how do you balance the fact that they are jumping in with more experienced/upgraded characters?

5. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@houseofg - you can only add characters like Vincent the Sorcerer or Selen the Rogue to new groups, so you do have to replay the game. You'll find different dialog and that as the story goes on that there are branches only available to specific characters, character-specific subquests, and eventually origin quests for each character.

Thanks for the review!

6. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Thanks, fallen. Definitely makes sense with the genuine storyline and dialogue, and of course the character building.

7. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Very excited to announce that the next update of Heroes of Steel (which is in final testing before we submit to the App Store) will also include a movement speed increase. This will affect all characters & monsters all the time. This just helps the game run smoother and increase the pace of play. There are still planned enhancements in the future for even faster movement in certain circumstances (fast-forward). However, this even helps make combat just feel that it is at a better pace!

Thanks to everyone for the continued feedback!

8. duncanedi

duncanedi Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Fallen, i was wondering...maybe would be interesting to have the chance to use the chars without the limit for "slot"... I mean, would love to have the rogue and the thief in the same party.... You think it would be too unbalanced?

9. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@duncanedi - its not something we are looking at right now, and it wasn't in the games original design. Maybe it would be something we could look at when all 4 Episodes are done and all the characters are available!

10. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone who is going to the first post in this forum and giving us a star rating! Hopefully this can help us get some attention from the TA review team and other games on the forum!

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    #111 Amenbrother, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
    So there I was on lunch at work and my internet was constantly dropping on my phone so I couldnt properly tether it to my iPad so guess what I played and had a great time? I was happy I didnt need a net connection for this game :)

12. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@amenbrother - glad you are enjoying it! It's always nice to have a great tactics game to get sucked into when you don't have the net.

13. manneger

manneger Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Awesome to hear update is on the way, i presume act 2 of episode 1 is coming then - i am eagerly awaiting more content.

14. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@manneger - this big update includes the feature set we've been posting about (Quest Log, speed enhancement, fixing the famous "Long Walk" bug, adding a Game Menu w/ Pause). The next big one will include Episode 1 Act 2 and hopefully the Rogue as well! Should be pretty soon, all things considered :)

15. manneger

Jan 11, 2014
    Ok, i guess I'll just have to wait a bit longer for more content then, thanks for the info!

16. crushedguava

crushedguava Member

May 14, 2013
    I'm wondering if other people have had the same experience as I have.

Currently playing on Hard.

I'm finding that the rewards for exploring aren't inspiring at all. I have currently tediously battled through the Warm Cave, and all I got was a Ring that gave fire resistance and each of the 2 locked chests at the end gave me 1 potion each.

I was hoping for something like Bow of Poison or Dagger of Fire. Essentially stuff that makes the characters stronger, which is why I play these games anyway.

Am I missing something? I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to keep going at this stage.

17. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Interesting. I'm playing "hard" as well but am waiting for the speed update to go past prologue. Will be interesting to hear whether others playing at that difficulty are feeling the same.

18. manneger

Jan 11, 2014
    I played through it all on hard, and i felt it was kinda good that good stuff is hard to come by. The fire ring admittedly might not have much use now, but i imagine it might come in handy later on if encountering fire-using enemies more.

Exploring also nets gold/xp - which isnt as sexy but certainly handy to get.

19. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@crushedguava - thanks for the feedback. We have had a few other players mention a similar feeling. There is one section (the Ratkin warrens) where we are specifically working on updating the loot maps so that better weapons and gear are provided. The rewards best in the quest that you find at the bottom of the Warm Cave are not gear :)

Also, all the loot drops that you are getting are randomized, so you're group had a pretty decent chance of pulling better things out of those chests, but it sounds like two bad dice rolls. We always appreciate feedback and will work on this!

20. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thanks to Shaun at Touch Arcade for giving us a review! It's an interesting discussion and we are working on many of the points that he mentioned (increased move speed is already available on Android).

http://toucharcade.com/2014/01/13/heroes-of-steel-rpg-review/

We hope you will join the comment conversation on the review and give your opinion!