Universal Heroes of Steel (by Trese Brothers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by undeadcow, Dec 19, 2013.

1. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thanks for your support and we hope you'll share Heroes with your friends! We are a small indie shop of 2 brothers making RPGs and we need all the exposure we can get! Thanks!

2. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@savant - not yet, but we are working on publishing some strategy guides to the net. There is a lot of detail, discussion, and strategy talk on our own forum:

http://startradersrpg.proboards.com/board/31/tips-techniques-hs

3. crushedguava

crushedguava Member

May 14, 2013
    Awesome game. Bought all the extras as well.

Can we customise the characters as they level up or do they level up themselves?

4. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@crushedguava - you get full control on the spend of Attributes, Skills, and Talents points as they level. The build customization is very fine-grained and every character has many valid paths to pursue.

However, you do have to reach a safe place (a Waystation or an Inn) to be able to spend your Advantage Points. You'll find such a place if you can escape Red Hill :)

5. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Thanks Fallen! I'm enjoying the game as well.. What I would give to have the Avernum games presented in this way! ;)

One feedback I can give you that you hopefully consider is to make things easier to see/know for the player:
    * What is the character's total armor? - have to go to the Inv screen and look at all the armor peices to know.
    * What is the final duration of a spell or talent? - it says 3 + Lore so now I have to check the character's skills screen to take note of his/her Lore value (wouldn't it be easier to just display for example 3 + Lore (4) - place the Lore value for the char in a parenthesis after
    * What spells are affecting the enemies? - Still have not figured this out as the enemy info I get from clicking them only displays estimated HP, damage, but no spells effects. Even icons on this info screen would help immensely.
    * What do the stats/ abilities do? - a "mouseover" / keep the finger for awhile on the item and info would pop-up would do and is the standard way being done in games currently
    * How many AP will I consume on an action? - have to count the no. of tiles the character will walk to know (maybe pkace a number on the circle that appears when you click on the tile)
    * How much damage does the weapon now make at the hands of the character? - it says affected by Strength or Dexterity... By how much and what's the final value?

These are the items at the top of my head but I'm sure you get the picture of the point of my feedback. Great game, which is why Im spending time to try and make it better. :)

6. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@savant - thanks for the great feedback. Happy to give a point by point response to your feedback. We believe something that sets Trese Brothers apart is how active we are on customer feedback. Expect to see some of these enhancements in near-term updates!

1) I've added "total armor" to the list of "combined stats" to insure that we show to the player. We are working on exposing more of these combined stats, as well as game rules, through the game UI.
    2) Great suggestion on using "3 + Lore (3)" - I've added that the near-term list, maybe even next release.
    3) The monster detail will include active talents soon, at least a list of the effect's names.
    4) We have some areas of the UI reserved now to explain what stats / attributes / skills do, so you will see these coming into the game soon.
    5) Interesting question about the AP ... do you have this concern mostly about walking? Or also about using talents?
    6) When a weapons says its "relies on Dexterity" it is indicating that Dexterity (or Strength) is used in the accuracy roll for the attack. This does not affect damage.

Thanks for the great feedback!

7. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Can movement be made more responsive please and not dependent on farsight which I think it is??

I love the grouping and un grouping that works very well but movement or tapping isn't very efficient or enjoyable. It could be a lot better seeing as it's the thing you're doing most of the game.

Also a character could move faster. Movements slow the game down a lot. There must be a better, faster way???

Farsight is nuisance in that if I want to move to a square I cannot always do that unless Farsight has removed some fog of war. So some tweaking in this area would really make the game much more enjoyable.

8. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Now that the fantasy RPG is out, how about tackling a tactical Sci Fi RPG next?

9. cretpetpet

cretpetpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    Been caught up with the story for awhile to post here but it was good :)
    I find it better than WQ, the story the shadow ...
    Great job guys and i will continue to suport you guys with new update.

I find the warrior weapon expertise is hard to determine, depend on te best weapon he use.

10. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@cretpetpet - thanks for the feedback! One way to help mitigate the tough choice of what weapon to use is to read about the weapons in the Outlander's. Another way is to use the Natural Mastery talent, which will increase all your weapon skills.

@iPadisGreat - you called it :)

@worldcitizen1919 - it sounds like you might be having an issue with the movement confirmation? To move an individual character, you need to tap twice (the second time, while the movement animation on the screen). We are working on the character speed.

11. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I second this. Great to hear its in the future plans! Still loving HoS!

12. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Thirded!

13. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

14. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Yes character movement takes too long. Its tedious but if you can improve it I'll continue to play but as it is I'm not keen to having to tap and often get no response or have to use Farsight to tap to a square I can see but the character won't go to. Then I have to redo the move. It gets tedious.

15. cretpetpet

cretpetpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    Just kill my first deathkin. Was holding my breath. He is damn strong. really enjoy the games. many thanks to the dev

16. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Love the game! I do second the movement issue. Not so much speed for me, but needing to double tap move for an indiviual, and single tap for group move. I keep double tapping for group move, which cancels my move, then having to tap again, tgen being careful not to move the camera, as it will sometimes cancel movement as well.

17. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Heroes of Steel RPG v1.1.25 has just been posted to the Apple App Store!

What's New in Version 1.1.25
    - Pureflame Shield, Warder Shield, Piety Ward - increased Area Effect
    - Deadly Intuition prints / uses Accuracy bonus correctly
    - Episode 1: added new backstory dialogs, reactions to victory
    - Lost Caravan subquest fixes, larger trigger area
    - Price Balancing on Weapons / Armor / Items
    - Fixes Issues and Crashes, typos and map errors

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/heroes-of-steel-rpg/id730818431?mt=8

18. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

One of my favorite monsters, I loved creating the model and the artwork. Once I had made his animations ... I knew they had to be haaard to kill :)

19. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@worldcitizen1919 & @ludka33 - sorry that you are finding the movement to be tedious. After an extensive month-long alpha period with our KickStarter backers, this setup was picked as the best possible setup. I hope that, as you continue to play, that you find it less difficulty to use.

@worldcitizen1919 - it sounds like there is either a misunderstanding about how movement works or you have a bug. You can select a character and tap in an area that you cannot see, and the character will walk there. There is no need to use Farsight Gaze. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you'd like to discuss further. What you are describing is not how the game works, that would be terrible :)

20. NaughtHere

NaughtHere Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2010
    @Fallen, why not have a slider in the options menu that controls walk speed? The default could be the current speed, but for those of us that get impatient, we could speed it up.