Universal Heroes of Steel (by Trese Brothers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by undeadcow, Dec 19, 2013.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    I'm really enjoying this too but I've a bug that's appeared a number of times now. Occasionally when I switch from the controlling as a group to controlling individuals my characters disappear. I can hear them and move them (or at least hear the sound of them moving) but not see them. I think I've seen it happen 4 times during the prologue. A restart of the game seems to sort the issue tho. I'm playing on a touch 5th gen iOS 7. Other than that cracking game.

2. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Any other details on what might be a pattern around this? We'd love to work on the issue, but we can't seem to reproduce it here on our iPads / iPhones. When I get home from holiday travel, I will try on my 4th gen iPod Touch.

Think you are doing anything special in these 4 times?

Thanks for the bug report!

3. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Oops... I just updated. I have the auto updates turned off. I haven't played since updating. I guess I'll wait until the new one hits.

4. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Cheers for the reply. Nope I don't think I did anything different the times it happened.... It was after the first and second battles in the prologue and then after a couple of battles in the tunnels (can't remember which tho sorry)

5. Tone1978

Tone1978 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Darn, I updated then tried playing and crash immediately :( oh well il be watchin for the new update ! Too bad cuz I'm really liking this game :)

6. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    I also added myself to the list of casualties, the improvements/fixes in the release all sounded so good...
    Guess I'll have to wait it out too *sigh*.

7. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    #67 worldcitizen1919, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    My game won't start keeps crashing when I press play. I deleted it and am downloading again. This is ridiculous. I downloaded it again and started all over again no fast forward. And I went back to the menu as I didn't know what the button was and when I pressed play it crashed AGAIN. And again.

Now I have to download it a third time and start all over again. This is no fun at all. It seems that going back to the menu destroys the game.

I'm playing on ipad 4. Anyone know what's going on with th crashes?

8. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Hit play game crash reproduced here. I might delete it now and not play it at all. Unplayable at present.

9. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Worldcitizen you only have to read a few posts above to see that bugs were introduced with the latest update aye. Dev has said a fix is on the way.

10. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012

Yes I found them and I'll just have to wait. I didn't download an update I just downloaded the game for the first time so I didn't know it was faulty as I hadn't played the previous version.

11. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Really sorry about the "Play" button crash! A new release has just come out that should resolve the problem!

v1.1.23
    - Fixes crash issues in 1.1.21

Hope you can download it soon, it just posted to the App Store.

12. duncanedi

duncanedi Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Downloaded and working ok now...

don´t know about other bugs but the playthencrash one is gone...thanks guys

13. Dunan

Dunan Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    While I don't mind moving around I think it could be made to mimic Warhammer Quest's movement while out of battle.

So things like not jumping back to another character constantly as you switch and being able to move multiple characters at a time would help drastically.

14. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@Dunan - you can move all your characters at once when you are out of combat. Just tap the three-faces icon ... its top left on the HUD.

15. Dunan

Dunan Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Australia
    Ah thanks, not sure how I missed that one.

16. Mutated Mouse

Mutated Mouse Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Man this game is great. Just perfect combination of tactical rpg and storytelling. I will definitely buy upcoming characters and chapters to have some more of this treat!

17. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

@Mutated Mouse - glad you are enjoying Heroes of Steel! We hope you'll support us with a good rating on your market, by telling your friends, and up-voting us on Steam if you are a member!

18. Mutated Mouse

Mutated Mouse Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Will do that. :)

19. Savant

Savant Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Do you have like a page / manual explaining the stats, abilities and talents?

20. worldcitizen1919

Jun 27, 2012
    Thanks for fixing the problem so quickly. I purchased all the extras as a thanks and also because I like something about your game. Glad I don't get kicked out anymore! Th story is getting me in and I can see myself picking this up nd playing it over a long period. Like the nice little special effects too.