Universal Heroes of Steel (by Trese Brothers)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by undeadcow, Dec 19, 2013.

1. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

2. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Heroes of Steel v4.2.27 just went live on iOS! It's a sizeable balance and bug fixing release, with some important rule changes.

All +HP Buffs now work more automatically and if you have full HP, and cast Stone Skin, you won't need to heal anymore. 2-H weapons benefit even more from Strength.

Well, so much more. Enjoy!

What's New in Version 4.2.27
    - +HP Buffs (Stone Skin, Righteous Fervor) maintain your HP percentage (reducing need to heal)
    - For 2-H Strength-based weapons, minimum Damage roll is 200% Strength (up from 150%)
    - Fixed monster detail display to show -Armor and -Resistance due to over-Cursing
    - Negative Armor or negative Resistance increases Attack Dmg
    - Advancement Points now shown in Status, check your leveling readiness on the go!
    - At Inn or Waystation, view Talent Details even when Talent Level is 10
    - Fixed quest log bugs about Druid Erghanna
    - Fixed story event bugs and dialog around the first visit to the surface
    - Fixed story event bugs with approach to Gholla Outlook
    - Fixed inconsistencies in leveling screen
    - Fixed Torrent of Steel, Pinning Shot, Crippling Strikes bug taking enemies to 0 AP

3. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

We're working hard on improving our time-to-market on the App Store, so the updates are smaller but appearing more regularly.

Here is the latest that just popped!
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/heroes-of-steel-rpg/id730818431?mt=8

What's New in Version 4.2.29
    - Re-balanced Sacrifice: powerful SP channeling tool at 1 AP
    - Fixed confusing Lock Rating message on chests - only requires Level 1 Unlock Talent
    - Fixed crashes fighting Weaver in E4
    - Fixed map bugs and typos

4. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Just released onto the App Store - new features include Auto-Glom by popular request!

What's New in Version 4.2.35
    - New Option: Auto-Glom consolidates group when traveling and loading games
    - Fixed issue with hero sometimes disappearing when going in and out of Glom
    - Fixed display issue with Sacrifice SP restore
    - Fixed display issues with -Crit % curses from enemies
    - Fixed story issues with Tevensa and Otherworldly Haven
    - Fixed Phalanx Shield exploit, removing shield removes buff
    - Fixed issue with blacked out sprites on some devices

5. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

6. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Excited to post the last release up to the App Store tonight! Enjoy this huge new set of features and fixes!

What's New in Version 4.2.39
    - Major performance increase to game map, enemy turn, UI responsiveness
    - New type of game effect: Increased Critical Dmg %
    - Increased Crit Dmg for high AP weapons/spells; 3 AP is +50%, 4+ AP is +100%
    - Berserk Rage, Hammer Blow, Smiting Blow, Aimed Shot gain +Crit Dmg
    - Items list converted to grid, fixed bug with Fast Movement option
    - Improved balance in the Weaver boss
    - Currently selected character remembered when traveling between regions
    - Improved Auto-Glom to fire after last turn of combat
    - Fixed crashes on game load with present enemies
    - Fixed typos and map bugs, reported crashes

7. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A major new update for Heroes of Steel just went live tonight on the App Store

What's New in Version 4.2.47
    - +Crit Dmg % added to Episode 4 loot drops
    - 13 types of powerful bosses now make Cursing Attacks
    - New enemy curse effect: Stun reduces hero AP
    - Fixed bugs with Wolfken Shaman, Gloss Spider, Season Rider curses - now Stunning Curses
    - Bone Golem adds Cursing Attack with Stunning effect
    - Ratkin Veterans and Ratkin Shamans get new attack and buff talents
    - Fixed bugs in Crag Peak with Silver Werewolf
    - Fixed bugs with curse effect display
    - New art for healt, spirit, rejuvie potions
    - Easily differentiate potion types by icon
    - Enemy Buffs better displayed when cast
    - Fixed issues with Otherworldy Haven and quest logs
    - Sell All button added to stores to quickly unload equip
    - Lead character is remembered between combats for Auto-Glom
    - Fixed issues with Otherworldly Haven and Tevensa - return to altar to continue

[​IMG]

8. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Heroes of Steel v4.2.59

[​IMG]

Gotta love a release with a major new feature :D

What's New in Version 4.2.59
    - Re-order party members under Character List
    - Unglomming remembers party order
    - Fixed hanging Quest Logs in Episode 4
    - Fixed issue with Episode 4 dialogs
    - Fixed dialog typos

9. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    In principle, I should love everything there is about this game - but I just can't get over how plodding, slow and laborious moving around is. Is there any chance of adding a speed setting to help pick the pace up a bit please? It really is the only thing stopping me from sinking most of my spare hours in to it.

10. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Absolutely! The game already features a "Fast Movement" and "Fast Enemy Turn" option! I'd really recommend turning those on and giving it another go. Good luck!

11. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Oops, I must have missed that update! Maybe it's time to try again - thanks for the heads up! ##

12. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Ok, tried it again last night. Yes, overall it's faster than I remember but still a little clunky - can't help feeling Rodeo Games did a better job with the Hunters and Warhammer Quest as far as control, UI and fluidity is concerned. That said, Heroes of Steel wins it hands down on story and character progression.

Still would prefer a middle ground on game speed though - normal is just a little too slow but fast is comical and completely destroys the atmosphere and pacing. Seems to be one extreme or the other.

13. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback! We'll keep working on improving.

14. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

A really nice Happy News update has just gone live on the App Store! Enjoy folks :D

Happy holidays to all.

What's New in Version 4.2.75
    - Marker added to highlight current character
    - Rebalanced Krete monsters across game - lower spot, lessened some ranges
    - Fixed issue with Sell All and gear
    - Improving UI elements across the game
    - Re-balanced use of Talents by bosses in Episode 2 - 4
    - Rebuilt main menu
    - Fixed bug with some enemy curses not applying first turn, especially some Stuns
    - Fixed bug with selecting re-ordered heroes in status screen while glommed
    - Auto-glom now works out of inns, waystations and campsites
    - Added option to disable Auto-Center on heroes during your turn
    - Improved Lazzon's portrait
    - Fixed bugs with re-order and re-order UI
    - Improved Freeport map
    - Fixed issue with egg sacks at Weaver boss
    - Fixed issue with Lazzon's model

15. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Don't even remember this one coming out and somehow I missed it but just got word it's on sale and will grab it up
    Looks nice and I love a game when the dev is listening to feedback etc thanks dev :)
    two versions I def will get premium one in that case

16. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Enjoy. Hard to beat this one.

17. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

Thanks for the support!

The premium app and free app are the same, just different purchasing methods (premium vs. IAP).

Enjoy! And let us know you're feedback.

We're on the verge of rolling out the game's all new crafting system :eek:

18. fallen

fallen Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Also the game is 50% off on Steam right now! Don't have it, get it! Have it? Review it!
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/291190

This major update releases the new Crafting system for Heroes of Steel! Any smith in the Underdeep can now help you enchant mundane weapons and armor with powerful enchantments. To complete such a crafting, you must help the smith by feeding 2 Bloodstone Crystals into his or her forge.

You may also influence the results of the smith's crafting by providing a piece of magical gear to "tune" the process. You will want to input a piece of magical gear that has the kind of magical properties that you want to see on the resulting magical weapon or armor. For example, if you want a weapon with +Ice Dmg, then you should provide a tuning item with +Ice Dmg, or +Crit % etc. The tuning will not always be exact, but it will help guide the smith's hand. Tuning is optional, you can also just allow the smith to do his or her best and accept the result.

Therefore, the inputs to a crafting are:
    - One mundane weapon, shield or armor
    - Two Bloodstone Crystals
    - Optionally, one piece of magical gear to tune the crafting

All crafting is final and destroy all input items! Make sure you like your selection before you go forward!

The new crafting system is a late game add. Many players of Heroes of Steel have groups near the end of the game. For those groups, this new crafting system may seem over-powered. You might be sitting on 40 Bloodstones and have 20 crafting runs back to back. You're going to get some pretty amazing enchantments without a doubt. You may even be able to replace a lot of your weapons and armor! While it may seem a little tilted for veteran groups, this system is being rolled in with new groups in mind, and crafting is intended to help these groups "fill the gaps" throughout the game -- when you really need a new, powerful bow but just can't find one, or your tank is getting slammed with damage and you need that extra armor.

Throughout the game, it is estimated that you might get 20 crafting events if you are thorough collecting Bloodstones. So, use them well, and don't make the mistake of hording all your stones to the very end of the game. Legendary equipment still trumps crafted equipment, so be sure to use your crafting opportunities wisely and throughout the game.

For those groups waiting for content after Freeport, our next big release will include the next chunk of story content. We may need to do a few bug releases after this major update, we shall see!

v4.3.1. - 3/13/2107
    - New Crafting System: visit any smith to craft
    - Crafting create mighty enchantment from mundane Weapon or Armor with magical power
    - Each Crafting costs 2 Bloodstones, tuned with magical gear; use your Bloodstones wisely
    - Thousands of new magical weapon and armor possibilities
    - Magical weapons can now add +Move Points, +Dodge, +Parry and +Stealth
    - Improved all Legendary Items for Heroes
    - Boost-In to Episode 2 gains +10 Bloodstones
    - Fixed bugs in Talent detail display with magical weapons
    - Fixed many typos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course, you'll run out of Bloodstones eventually, so use them wisely. There is only one way to get more -- further adventuring and scouring of the Underdeep for their red, glinting glow!

19. zohaali146

zohaali146 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2017
    Being a RPG addict.. this games screenshots have caught me offguard :( simply love it, gonna try it right now

20. ErikSPdx

ErikSPdx Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 21, 2011
    Great game... but I can't figure out how to explicitly save my progress. Is there a hidden option somewhere, or do I have to just rely on the auto-save on exit? I'm a little worried that I'll get stuck in a hard area (where the 1 turn rewind on death is insufficient) and have to retry the campaign from scratch.