Universal Heroes of Loot - (by Pascal Bestebroer)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I think that doesnt count as instabuy anymore when you have to put some thought into whether to get it or not. :)

2. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

the bluetooth message is caused by some controller-support that got added.. apparently there is something working wrong with the code from the controller.

Note that it doesn't pop up on all devices.. seems to be a mix of iOS version and iDevice

will be removed and fixed in the first update (end of next week most likely)

I'm following this thread so if you run into anything let me know!

3. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Will heroes of loot work on ios 7 ? I am about to install ios 7 GM , but would also really like to play heroes of loot..

4. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I have iOS7 GM installed, will tell you if it works in 5.30 hours :)

Thanks @SinkorSwim! Much appreciated

5. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    My thought process is all over the place today... but at least I put some thought into my purchases (not a dig, though I realize it looks that way :p ).

Nothing truly is an instant purchase for me until I go grab another itunes card. Still this is ... yeah, I'm fairly positive... going at the top of the list. :D

6. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Game Impressions

Painfully mediocre, yet still somehow on the verge of enjoyable. Dumb as door nails gameplay, nice art, spectacularly atrocious sound effects.

7. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I love your honesty sometimes :D

8. Flynn Taggart

Flynn Taggart Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    How do the controls work? Is it twin stick?

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh how I wish our App Store's were still hours and hours apart (not really). Already bought, but either way...I look forward to the atrocious sound effects. :)

10. The Gamer Dude

The Gamer Dude Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    Lol that sounds like you would give it maybe a 4 out of ten or there about. My purchase now isn't so ironclad as earlier. Looking foward to more impressions. Nothing else strikes my fancy this week for sure.

Thanks for the straight dope so to speak, us old timers really appreciate that.

11. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

just in case some people need to see a bit more before they spend loot on this game, here is the official trailer:

12. The Gamer Dude

The Gamer Dude Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2013
    #52 The Gamer Dude, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2013
    Well I do respect his opinion because he IS very critical on game design. That said ill wait for some TA impression before I take the plunge where before I was all in.

Nothing wrong with trying to get the best value for your gaming dollar. My grandmother was a multi millionaire but still saved scraps of soap to mold into a new bar. And would literally smack you if you left peanut butter on the knife. I can't afford to buy every game that comes out even if its only a couple of bucks - so I like to see what senior TA members think - including you :)

13. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Keep in mind for context, I've not been a fan of this dev's other games either, (Gunslugs was ok) and I know a lot of folks here are and are probably also likely to enjoy this offering more.

14. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Nice trailer :D only half an hour until I can buy it :eek:

15. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Thanks for it. I`ll add it to the OP.

16. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Your comments make mindless action sound like it's a bad thing, look at how majestic those mobs in the trailer seem. I get that for a "roguelike" Heroes of Loot is simplified and not traditional. Are there actual flaws at work here or just valid substance not to your taste? How is enemy artifical intelligence?

17. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Actually looks pretty interesting (compared to the earlier trailer or sneak peek that just looked confusing and frantic).

18. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Well I've just played it and its great fun, you have one stick and one shoot button, which either fires in the direction your facing or auto aims at enemy's if there's any there,
    It's just good mindless dungeon crawling (with good humour) you run around killing dozens of enemy's picking up loads of loot, you come across random quest givers and shops,
    My only complaint is the floating stick, I never like them and much prefer a static one, hopefully they add an option to fix the stick but ill be using Icade tomorrow to see how that goes too.
    Here's a screen shot of my first death :eek:

Attached Files:

19. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    One more thing, this game would be perfect for a graveyard full of your past lives, since you get a grave when you die any way, it needs a cannon fodder style hill/screen full of graves each with a number on it for the level you died at :D

20. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Works flawlessly :) Go ahead