Universal Heroes of Loot 2 (by Orangepixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jun 7, 2016.

1. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

ok, so it's mostly a size-issue for the controls?
    that's fixable.. will add it to the list of things to look into

as for bombs: hold the X for more than a second to throw it. This is so you don't accidentally throw it when you pick it up

2. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Just wanna chime in, lotta nit picking and complaining here but this game is a masterpiece brimming with the wisdom of experience and iteration. Very well done.

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    #103 LordGek, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    I just got this bug as well after my second game (so clearly NOT 5th level in the metagame yet). I was just in options switching controller options when it happened to me. Got through about 5 levels but then the game went black when I tried to descend to the 6th (not sure on exact numbers here).

iPad Pro iOS 9.3.3

P.S. Any chance we'll get a bit of the PC version's twin stickery so you can actually manually override the auto-targeting if need be?

4. chaituchay

chaituchay Member

Apr 7, 2016
    its working. great game #

5. orangepascal

the survival-mode glitch should be fixed in upcoming patch (currently at apple, so I kinda hope it hits app store on Friday-ish)
    I'll see at twin-stick controls.. not a fan of that in mobile games myself, but won't hurt to look into it

6. orangepascal

thanks! helps a lot to also just read these messages! it's nerve-wrecking enough to release a game on 3 platforms at once! ;)

7. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I'm finding the controls a little sluggish...anyone else feel the same way?

8. MajesticLobster

MajesticLobster Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    The game runs well, it's just that the movement feels slow and not very tight. Both of the settings for the stick appear to be the same, and I find myself dragging my thumb pretty far to move the characters. Sometimes characters move very slowly which doesn't match the fast pace of the combat very well.

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    A little.

10. eclipsin1

eclipsin1 New Member

Oct 21, 2015
    #110 eclipsin1, Jun 8, 2016
    My Air 2 has somewhat sluggish controls as well. Regardless, I am enjoying the game!

One request for orangepascal: please add MFi controller support.

I find a controller significantly improves my dexterity in these kinds of games. Thank you!

11. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #111 JohnnyClash, Jun 8, 2016
    I am loving the game on many accounts, and will recommend it to someone who is looking for something fun to play..

But, yes, the left movement control is not tight and does make the character(s) feel sluggish and not responsive enough.. This is on iPad mini2, I have used both control methods, and fixed direction stick seems to be slightly more in tune, but not by much..

This is the kind of game I would pick up and play all day long, but as I am booting it up, I have to ask myself if I am ready to deal with the movement controls or not.

That said, I have no regrets with the purchase of the game, it's really fun. Just looking forward to a bit of refinement with the controls so that I can stay interested for the long haul.

12. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York
    Most generated dungeons look incredibly dark without enough light sources that makes it awkward and tiresome in the eyes to navigate. Any way to improve this? The lack of actual in-game light in the playable areas takes the fun away for me.

13. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    OP has acknowledged this complaint, and said he will address it in an update.. Until then, make sure that you have the brightness maxed out in the game settings.

14. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York

Oh damn I missed that reply. Glad that's being fixed. Thank you for the heads up. :)

15. orangepascal

Just an update for those that "read" and post :)

new update is coming in (hopefully Friday-ish, but depends on Apple approval powers):
    - adds more default brightness (but do check the game-settings right now as it has a brightness setting)
    - hopefully also fixes the ios7 touch-bugs (altho that might need another update to get it right)
    and a bunch of general fixes

future update will come with at least a "smaller" control for big screens
    think that will fix the "sluggish" feeling of the controls for everyone as you can move fewer inches to see effect

and a bunch of new features over time ;)

16. flangongle

flangongle Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Agreed. With the darkness, frustrating to play.

17. MajesticLobster

Dec 25, 2015
    Great news! I'm having a lot fun with this game, if the controls feel tighter it'll make it even better. Honestly, I think this may be your best work Pascal! A really thoughtful sequel, brimming with new ideas. The tandem characters work really well, and the graphics are great....really enjoying the sound effects too! Bravo!

18. MajesticLobster

Dec 25, 2015
    Personally, I would love a stationary movement stick....a fixed position that doesn't move.

19. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York
    Agreed. That would be good.

20. Claud

Claud Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2014
    New York

Actually just adding brightness is not an ideal solution. What the game needs is more light sources in the dungeons. Blacks should remain black, not brighter grey to improve visibility. More light sources with the same level of brightness works best.