Universal Heroes of Loot 2 (by Orangepixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jun 7, 2016.

1. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Feels a bit more gauntlet-like than previous; love the homage. For those commenting on being too dark, in-game brightness setting is only a pause button away. Longing for twin-stick controls though, would be far more enjoyable than the aim assist. Suprised by the limited AI. Enemies can see through walls, and with seemingly no AI-pathfinding, they aimlessly attempt to walk through them; seems like some corners were cut, no pun intended. All things consider, still enjoyable and worth the price of entry.

2. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Can someone explain how I level up. I've played four 10 minute games and barely have green in my level bar

3. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    New score 25k =] got to lvl 29, holy spawns batman.

It's rough when a teleporter puts you right on a spin blade that just eats your health in seconds
    =[

4. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #64 JohnnyClash, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    Whoops..

5. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #65 JohnnyClash, Jun 8, 2016
    I would think most of these players, myself included, already have in-game brightness maxed as well as device brightness.. Dev is already on the issue though, so no worries..

I'm not sure either.. I actually lost green from my bar.. lol...

6. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Finally got around to playing today. Great stuff OP. Best idea ever to launch ahead of the mainstream launches, gets you better exposure I'd assume. Good call on that and good game. Endless will be the cherry topper!

7. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Really enjoying it! Has sort of a enter the gungeon vibe to it. (Ps4)

I need to buy an iPad so I can enjoy these types of games! It's fine on iPhone just a bit dark and small.

I'm only 25 but these eyes are getting old lol.

Always a day one purchaser for orange pixel!

8. MajesticLobster

MajesticLobster Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Okay, I've put in some time now. Not a fan of the d-pad. I know there are two settings, but I can't tell the difference, and movement feels sluggish and unresponsive. Deal breaker if it doesn't change. Not enjoying the friction I feel dragging my thumb around.

9. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    I'd say this came over quite well from the Steam version that I've fallen in love with. As always it feels like the full game turned bite-sized for my pocket. I still prefer the Steam Momma-Bear a bit more. Though it doesn't change the fact that this is a superb game. Worth every penny and then some!

Thanks again for the early release.

10. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    I'm digging this. Only gripe is the controls—I was in a corner once and couldn't move until I switched to my elf. Weird. There have been a couple other times where the movement didn't work as I expected and I took a hit. It's minor, but can be annoying.

Any insights into the valykyries special skill? Is it just me or is her attack radius smaller than the warrior's?

It would be nice to have in the stats info on all the pickups. Only on my 5) or 6th play did I figure out the blue bottles were experience. It seemed like after picking one up my arrows changed...I guess that's a gauntlet thing, but now I'm not sure what is making my arrows and magic misses bigger. And items that I buy—what's the difference between a copper and steel shield? Especially since things get more expensive—it seems—the deeper in you go...it's hard to judge what's better and how much so. What is e function of the eye of seeing or search—is that the Valkyries powe, is it one off, how's it work?

11. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    Same here, no touch response on iPad 2 iOS 7.12

12. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    #72 abstractgamefreak, Jun 8, 2016
    Tx in advance- most devs would simply change the app description ;-)

13. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

there's an update coming that will make player-ranking easier.. with some luck it get's apple-approved before the weekend

14. orangepascal

actually did something wrong and that's why it launched earlier.. but I love your explanation more! let's go with that ;)

15. orangepascal

one of the future updates will remedy this, I plan to add a "inventory-info" screen to the game, this also probably adds the option to swap an item from one character to the other - so if you accidentally pick up a lens-of-secret with Valkyrie, you can give it to your other character since Valkyrie has special skills *hint* ;)

16. orangepascal

wait, so the game does run, just no touch response?
    do you also own Space Grunts by any chance, and does that work?

17. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Game crashed during entrance of an exit and upon opening the app again it just closes itself whenever I click continue.

18. applicattura

applicattura Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    orangepascal I bought this game immediately after the release. I have to say it's just GREAT ;-) Tons of fun, fantastic pixel and dynamics, you're a great game designer. It's a must for every pixelart fan :) I'm also making some pixel app and I hope you could find some time to test it and write your opinion.

19. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Whoever said this was the perfect evolution of Heroes of Loot was spot-on, but I love seeing the evolution of Pascal from game to game. Beautiful.

Pascal, couple of things:

1) Any chance we could get "HoL 2" (or a similar variant) as the app title instead of "Heroes of..." or however it is now?
    2) Looks like we have a secret app killing button on the main menu. Tapping the version number of HoL 2 basically acts like a hidden Android "Exit" button. :p

20. orangepascal

Was it your first session? any idea on which level you were/are (guesstimate)
    The continue will keep loading that same level, so if there's a weird bug in that level it will never load.. starting a new game most likely works better

I know there are a few rare issues that can cause a level-crash, working on fixing those in an update that's hopefully live later this week