Universal Heroes of Loot 2 (by Orangepixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jun 7, 2016.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I think I've come across a bug.

From the main menu, I hit options, then settings, then back, and I'm taken to this screen (attached), where it's arena after arena (Survival mode?).

This is only after I've played a game (or start a game and quit back to the main menu).

---On a 6S/iOS 9.3.2 (though I don't think this is device specific)

Attached Files:

2. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #42 syntheticvoid, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    I keep finding the revive shards (got 7 of them in my last run - when I hit 4, and got another it said it was back to 1/4)...

I haven't seen a different kind of shard in a couple games actually...

And it's still not unlocked in my Library...

3. orangepascal

orangepascal Well-Known Member

ah that's a bug I've been chasing for a while.. altho I can't replicate it yet, but at least now I know where to hunt for it ;)

4. orangepascal

revive as in the Afterlife shard?
    that's not a magic shard, picking up 4 gives you an afterlife (orange blib is added to your statusbar underneath the XP bar) you can have up to three of them. When you lose all health, the afterlife kicks in (bright white icon on screen) and you get another life

it won't show up in your library, and isn't permanent, cause it's not part of the magic spells ;)

5. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #45 JohnnyClash, Jun 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    Thanks for adding more brightness, I was in a coffee shop near a window when I downloaded the game today, and could not play even on full brightness.

Now that I am in a dim room, its a pretty darn cool game (with brightness all the way up)..

-- It's sitting next to space grunts with my other favorite games. --

BTW, Does it save my level if I close the app, for do I need to play through the run in one go?

6. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Does this one have an ending? I like having a final objective.

Also, if I didn't like the original - lack of progression, got repetitive after a few runs - would I enjoy this?

Thanks!

7. orangepascal

It saves after every level !

8. orangepascal

Yes it's 50 levels, and I agree the original lacked progression (altho many people did like that, playing into level 400+ for some reason)

Having said that, I do plan on adding an "Endless game mode" to this one for those that do like the lack of progression.

9. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Thank you for clearing that one up. =oD

And holy smokes, another mode?!? Super sweet! OP just might wind up with 2 games on my GOTY list. =oD

10. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Great fun, a bit easy though, my first session just went quite long and I was just running blindly through the levels just keeping my thumb on the attack button. Better than the first game, but to me (as a huge roguelike fan) it's less exciting than Space Grunts. But ok, two different beasts. Congrats on the release!

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Liking this so far!

12. MajesticLobster

MajesticLobster Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    I'm adding my two cents on the brightness....pretty difficult to see at times. Having played the first obsessively, I say this a great improvement! Very satisfying! Loving the sound and and fancy new effects.

13. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Took 1st place back =] ! Loving this game

Yes the brightness could be tweaked a little

The bomb the door quests are kind of annoying, you throw it at the door then it bounces to far away to blast a hole around it, then you go all the way back to do it again this time the bomb went to short... You get the idea, maybe a little tweak would make it more forgiving.

Another little nit pic, the one thing to end my runs are the little worms that pop outta the hive, run super fast and do a ton of dmg quick! Well when you run away and try shooting them auto target sometimes rather just shoot at nothing in the opposite direction instead of the worms right behind you, any idea why ? Iv seen it happen a few times and only reason I hate it so much is because it's my number one hated enemy.

One last little thing is some times you complete a quest (destroy a spawner or whatever it may be) then the little cut scene happens but if there was a bomb guy next to you or whatever it may be, your getting hit by it, maybe a couple frames of invulnerability right after that cut scene ? Maybe it's just be it bothers because I'm stingy with getting hit lol

Just talking about little things though, this game is awesomeeeee

14. MajesticLobster

MajesticLobster Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Game freeze! Traded four purple gems to take the snow path, got quest to put out fire before gait opens and......frozen. Had to reset game.

15. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    #55 OrangutanKungfu, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    Just booted this up for my first playthrough. Fun, action-packed dungeon-crawling - what's not to like? Is this an endless thing or is there an ultimate goal?

Edit: Ah, I see someone already asked this question. 50 levels it is, then.

16. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    50 lvls And. A ENDLESS mode

17. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Game Taster
    Wisconsin
    Awe shucks. Thanks for checking. Will revisit in the future.

18. korkidog

korkidog Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 12, 2012
    Illinois
  19. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    This game is really good, but I think I like Space Grunts better.

I also long for Orange Pixel to release a portrait one hand game like this.

20. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Instant buy loved the first stuck in dungeon 6 :(